A Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor assists physicians in providing direct and indirect patient care and manages nursing personnel. RN Supervisors are responsible for writing and updating nursing policies and procedures, establishing personal rapport with patients, identifying and implementing patient care requirements, evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing services, ensuring and maintain a healthy and safe working environment in compliance with state and federal regulations.
This job requires a Bachelor’s degree and valid nursing license with a strong preference for certifications such as Current Infection Control and Basic Life Support certifications and hospital experience. RN Supervisors will have outstanding patient management, in-depth knowledge of hospital procedures, familiarity with EMR systems, an ability to work effectively under demanding conditions, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best RN Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real RN Supervisor resumes for your reference.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Implemented scientific nursing standards to pneumonia patient monitoring activities.
- Facilitated nursing staff motivation to provide quality care through the use of effective communication techniques.
- Supervised floor operations for entire wing after successfully completing orientation process.
- Effectively compiled data relating to patients’ health conditions during intake and outtake to manage patient flow activity.
- Trained unit staff on safety, infection control protocols, and medication administration for 75 beds facility with 200 employees.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Managed nursing staff in coordination with proper authorities to ensure the optimum well-being of residents.
- Facilitated effective collaboration between medical team members in order to coordinate patient care and improve overall quality of life for elderly patients.
- Effectively managed health insurance billing and reimbursement process through efficient claims management; an average of $13,000 per month over $500,000 in yearly revenue was attributed to this methodical administration alone.
- Supervised a comprehensive total of 50 employees while achieving top-notch customer satisfaction ratings.
- Changed healthcare by creating programs that encouraged healthy lifestyles among the service population, offering fitness classes for seniors, free flu shots, yoga workshops, nutrition seminars, and much more.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Develop and implement nursing policies and procedures in accordance with federal and state regulations; use resources to maximum ability.
- Monitor patient care by delegating tasks appropriately according to level of skill, experience, and availability; maintain unit productivity at optimal levels.
- Ensure patients receive proper medications by reconciling discrepancies between medication orders and the actual administration of such medications.
- Promote positive relations between employees, physicians, patients, family members, insurance providers, and outside agencies; contribute to positive morale throughout the department.
- Oversee all aspects of patient’s discharge process after carefully developing treatment plans for medical problems while incorporating quality customer service practices into daily operations.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Shift Supervisor for the medical intensive care unit (MICU).
- Motivated staff to meet and exceed specific productivity targets.
- Trained new employees on policies, procedures, protocols, and organizational culture.
- Promoted from Staff Nurse 4 months before; mentored new staff nurses in patient care activities.
- Recognized by peers as an outstanding leader with exceptional customer service skills; received certificates of appreciation/recognition.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Achieved all clinical staffing quotas for patient census, length of stay, and turnover rate.
- Overcame organizational obstacles to create a new documentation system that improved the quality of patient care.
- Implemented an annual nursing facilitator’s meeting to help improve communication between staff nurses and management team.
- Increased positive survey ratings by 30% through implementation of three programs including “Rn Resident Night,” “Get Well Gifts,” and “Massage Therapists at Work”.
- Strengthened relationships between nursing administration and medical/surgical department with establishment of committees to prioritize needs in order to achieve optimal patient satisfaction within four-month time span.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Provided administrative leadership and clinical supervision to 13 staff/7 shift RN’s.
- Mentored new hires in orientation program that achieved 100% pass rate on RN state licensure exam.
- Strengthened customer service scores by 37%, increased first time hire staffing hours, and reduced turnover rates within the department.
- Ensured patient safety through effective use of restraint guidelines, problem solving strategies for disruptive patients, and measures regarding medication administration.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by increasing positive responses from 95% to 100% on Patient Experience Survey from August 2011-December 2012.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Led the adoption and implementation of a new nursing information system in order to increase organizational productivity.
- Provided direct care to patients in accordance with established standards; performed thorough patient assessments; monitored patients’ conditions; provided necessary treatments and medications.
- Received Employee of the Month Award for superior evaluation scores, quality services, and dedication to duties.
- Accomplished 100% occupancy rate in all patient rooms within designated hours when staffing shortages were at their peak.
- Educated staff on rational medical practices during emergencies; engaged in collaborative decision making regarding changes in job responsibilities and successfully implemented them.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised and evaluated staff performance while identifying needs and supplying supportive coaching to facilitate growth.
- Provided effective leadership in the areas of patient care, quality management, unit operations, and budget.
- Diagnosed staffing problems and implemented solutions such as re-organizing work flow, job responsibilities, and scheduling to reduce overtime hours.
- Developed policies for emergency nursing services to set standards for prompt responses during emergencies such as critical care transfers and disasters.
- Tracked statistical data on nurse’s aide training and development; consistently maintained high levels of competency by providing frequent evaluations; awarded excellence in education award by Nurse Manager.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Achieved top performance in units I managed by leading, supervising, and directing nursing staff.
- Hired RNs with acute awareness of current trends, practices, diagnoses, treatments to ensure unit met established nursing standards for patient satisfaction.
- Ensured all documentation was performed according to regulatory compliance for insurances by providing leadership and management.
- Liaised between physicians’ services regarding medical needs of specific patients including rehabilitation therapy, diagnostic testing, surgery preparation and follow up.
- Presented essential information to hospital governing board regarding policies related to quality assurance projects including nursing practice standard surveys and program evaluations.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Assisted patients with wound care, insulin administration and other daily activities.
- Received distinction as the best new graduate on the floor within 3 months of employment.
- Oversaw patient intake and admissions to assist nurse managers and charge nurses with ensuring efficient processing of patient information.
- Selected for service line leadership rotation to lead staff development, implement systems enhancements, and facilitate department improvement projects.
- Identified causes of medication errors in a 24 hour time period using root cause analysis techniques resulting in immediate corrective actions reducing risk for future errors by 96% during one year follow up audit.
RN Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Provided exceptional leadership to a team that consistently exceeded patient satisfaction and quality metrics.
- Promoted from Lpn to Rn among the highest-performing nursing unit (39% vs. Statewide 22%) in less than two years.
- Oversaw the safe, efficient delivery of care by effectively leading three functional units through extraordinary teamwork; earned Director’s Award of Excellence for 10k savings on 2016 record net margin of $8m.
- Earned performance award within the top 5% of nursing staff for excellent work with patients including medication errors, falls rates, and compression injuries; recognized as part of hospitalist group quarterly Patient Safety Improvement Team meeting.
- Spearheaded initiatives including EMR documentation, ICD-10 transition, and electronic time capture for staff efficiency to increase patient satisfaction with nurse/patient ratios in accordance with organizational standards.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.