A Clerical Assistant commonly performs clerical duties such as typing documents, filing, mailing letters or packages, answering phones, and greeting customers. The top skills for this position are customer service, communication skills through listening and speaking, attention to detail, interpersonal relationships with co-workers or the general public, problem-solving techniques in order to address questions or concerns, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel or Word. An associate degree is generally preferred in these positions, but the educational requirements may vary by employer.
The Best Clerical Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Clerical Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Collect patients’ co-pays, prepare daily deposits and sort daily mail.
- Assist with medical records filing, combine records, copies, lab slips, and pulls charts for appointments.
- Assist in the conversion of paper medical charts to EHR system scanning medical records into EHR program.
- Interpret for Spanish-speaking patients, assist in rooming patients when required.
- Review patient labs and alert physicians of patients with critical values and follow up with the patient with physician recommendations.
- Improved business gift matching by 33% through aggressive research and contact for increased awareness.
- Suggested procedures and created processes that streamlined task management and troubleshooting.
- Included bookkeeping, word processing, excel, reporting, accounting, customer service, ledgers, and log report management.
- Provided assistance to the director of a national non-profit organization by processing over 6,000 applications for grants and support to non-profit organizations.
- Employed accurate, efficient, organized work habits throughout the various work areas such as scheduling, receiving, filing, and data management.
- Quickly learned all aspects of Debt$Net, a previously unfamiliar software relied upon by the company; honed skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Created and continue to maintain the company’s website; developed search engine optimization solutions and marketing plans; solely responsible for maintenance of social media presence.
- Served as technical liaison for employees and clients for various web-based portals.
- Completed important, time-sensitive, and confidential documents for the company president in a professional manner.
- Received top honors in the department for maintaining current file counts while meeting deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Assisted with filing, prioritized materials in order of relevance and/or access to information.
- Balanced work-load in a high-demanding working environment in a tactful and professional manner.
- Provided data entry support using various manual and computerized record management systems.
- Successfully completed an entry-level clerical training program in which I utilized my skills in general office/clerical/administrative responsibilities.
- Successfully completed a second-level administrative training program with an emphasis on retail sales and customer service.
- Instructed students on research techniques and the use of information technologies.
- Located requested books on the shelves and in the library database using [Workflow] Software program.
- Organized and executed monthly displays for the entire library.
- Ranging from picture displays to flyers and broachers for students and faculty to take home.
- Dealt with incoming and outgoing mail, maintained files, copied documents, performed phone call returns, and faxed documents.
- Function as a communications liaison for patients, visitors, and all service departments involved in the unit.
- Negotiated and implemented a ladder raise system hospital-wide for patient clerical assistants.
- Management and peer-nominated to run training task force to implement new procedures for Joint Commission compliance.
- Handled carrier shipments; placed orders for replacement supplies and processed optical media.
- Researched issues of the company’s newsletter, newsletters from distributorships and manufacturers, and product information database to provide accurate database updates throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare data for staff meetings.
- Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
- Help coordinate meetings and daily schedules for medical staff (24 meetings per year) that contributed to consistently high enrollment levels for patients in the program.
- Provide timely, courteous, and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared office correspondence.
- Achieved Honorable Mention Award for Outstanding Quality in the review of nominating documents; completed more than 3500 forms with accurate accuracy.
- Provided multi-departmental assistance by processing work orders which included organizing and binding of infomercial literature.
- Performed copying, mailing, and filing for all company-related literature and marketing presentations.
- Greeted visitors, ascertained the nature of their business, and referred them to appropriate staff members.
- Managed appointments for five managers, and responded to email and fax inquiries.
- Completed data entry in 5 days over the time period of 2 weeks; reduced workload by 40% and saved the company more than $2,000 in credit card fees.
- Develop process improvement ideas to enhance productivity within the department.
- Generate excel reports in order to process Medicaid Applications to the County.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and account representatives in difficult situations.
- They successfully arranged a place of residence for 22 families staying in a hotel following a flood that destroyed their homes; ensured that every family had food and clothing before checking them into the hotel.
- Coordinated scheduling for 8-15 appointments each day to keep Dr.’s schedule on track; reoccurring appointments included clients with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension, and multiple sclerosis.
- Responsible for enrolling students, kept up with students’ daily attendance/absences/discipline.
- Assist the principal and assistant principal with daily student activities.
- Maintain expulsion and suspension files of students manually and electronically.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compile reports, as needed.
- Performed heavy workloads of accounting, payroll, inventory, and other administrative tasks. Planned and organized the company’s annual budget of two million dollars to keep track of office expenses.
- Prepared and updated database to determine applicant eligibility for a gun permit.
- Responded to a high volume of telephone inquiries on a broad spectrum of permit-related matters.
- Typed, processed, and canceled renewal cards, permits, and mailed approval letters.
- Received a “B” in clerical services at the University of Kentucky.
- Filed taxes accurately, in a timely manner, and efficiently.
- Taking on group tasks such as re-organizing department library of documents/ transferring old documents to other county offices and creating new systems to inventory and organize them.
- Answering phone calls from the public, assessing the caller’s needs, and directing them to the appropriate department/ supervisor.
- Working with and proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Efficiently hired a new staff member from college/background check through the hiring process to provide continuity by referring back all necessary documents for review; maintaining consistency with company standards by interviewing qualified applicants for positions of employment within the company.
- Complemented the accounting department by assisting with monthly, quarterly, and annual year-end closings.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.