A business intelligence consultant helps companies gather, use, and organize computer information. Key focuses of Bi consultants are to organize data to and present it to the business, check data systems and install new software, help in lowering costs and increasing profits, give business solutions, update programs to fit changing needs, and train employees.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bi Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bi Consultant resumes for your reference.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Driven the integration of business intelligence tools, analytical methods, and the use of data visualization for several large Florida companies.
- Developed new and innovative methods for BI implementations that included the following: Focusing on exploring data from a web-based interface, exploring new metrics with new and existing tools, Assessing implementation by means of metrics.
- Driven BI implementation for an organization in Silicon Valley that was experiencing serious challenges with updating client databases, creating dashboards, and creating reports. Performed analyses and practical recommendations to help define goals and develop a plan of action to accomplish those goals.
- Developed BI tools and methodologies to help increase productivity while reducing costs by 30 percent with regard to data analysis, exploration, and benchmarking.
- Achieved $1 million in savings by helping the company save money on client database creation and bringing in new clients.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Developed an existing enterprise database from scratch, using Access 2000 and SQL 2000, to track key production statistics.
- Updated database to better accommodate new business needs; saved company $250,000 in software and database development costs.
- Became a member of the Business Intelligence Architect corps; trained others on database development best practices and product enhancements.
- Earned recognition as a problem-solver in the BI group by effectively addressing questions and difficulties of co-workers with technical knowledge deficits.
- Completed over 300 hours of continuing education courses to refine analytical skills and product knowledge, such as Oracle 10g upgrade path, SQL Server 2005 Express Editions, etc.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Provided BI design and development for a departmental ERP system for a manufacturing facility.
- Created Report Writer/code to extract data from an outdated manufacturing application to new ERP system.
- Trained users on use of the new system, which improved their ability to produce reports that improved profitability by 3%.
- Wrote Business Object code from scratch to retrieve data from an enterprise resource planning system.
- Provided end-user training and operating usage of newly created report writer, which saved company over $100,000 annually by avoiding use of consultants.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Analyzed and reconstructed data systems, processes, and procedures to resolve technical problems.
- Employed specialized knowledge to evaluate advanced management information systems.
- Conducted baseline performance and cost assessment on computer systems acquisition, implementation, and testing.
- Instrumental in designing solutions to complex multi-level business problems.
- Generated analytical models to identify the causes of obstacles that were hindering the success of initiatives.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Actively reviewed and analyzed client computer usage patterns and provided recommendations for software upgrades; ensured client satisfaction with the resulting software.
- Wrote insightful reports based on VBA programming and Excel data analysis that enhanced client productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Expanded procedures for documenting project activity to achieve better control over projects.
- Selected high-quality components for a complex technical solution; contributed to successful project deployment.
- Advised Operations Department on improving operations control by developing metrics on the services critical to exceeding the customer satisfaction goals.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed and analyzed data submitted by manufacturing and industrial customers to determine expected return on investment.
- Advised companies with regards to potential growth in size, profitability, and value creation.
- Reviewed company reports and financial statements to determine relevant data points which may be useful in forecasting future trends.
- Increased profitability of clients through recommendations on efficient staffing, better use of resources, and maximizing profit margin.
- Inaddition, held the title “Vice-President” for newly acquired company; hired over 30 employees at one time during peak period for power line construction testing equipment.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Efficiently developed Business Intelligence (BI) strategy, mapped requirements, and gathered information to prepare for a successful project.
- Implemented BI tools in order to achieve quantifiable reporting and forecasting capabilities.
- Reduced monthly reporting time by 73%, by creating active data links with multiple applications used in the business.
- Used SAP Solman methodology to establish QBR template; consistently earned “Excellent” ratings for report analysis.
- Dramatically reduced data entry errors by providing training for the usage of new BI tools; earned recognition for superior skill performance and outstanding customer service when assisting clients with implementation of new BI systems.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Conducted 30+ business intelligence topic seminars for market leaders; provided vision and analysis regarding BI trends in the industry.
- Collaborated with senior executives to formulate action plans and skill sets for successful implementation of BI systems, processes, and technologies.
- Profiled 21 client systems as part of a requirements gathering initiative; recognized as Project Champion by consulting firm for outstanding service.
- Completed analysis and design projects meeting budget, schedule, quality, and user expectations during three consecutive years on same project.
- Developed a template that successfully defined 18 roles associated with the current version of an organization’s enterprise business intelligence architecture.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in the design, construction, and administration of BI Solutions for financial metrics tracking and analysis within a business environment of 30+ inter-departmental users.
- Conducted advanced data mining capabilities on large volumes of data to identify credit risks.
- Created survey and guideline reports to monitor quality control across organizational boundaries.
- Provided consultation in the development of a distributed reporting system to multiple clients; increased revenue by $30K after deploying implemented solution.
- Outlined an ERP system for manufacturing/warehouse management and streamlined processes for $150K in annual savings within three months.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Data analysis and reporting, algorithms, and data profiling.
- Knowledge of databases, database management, web technologies, and internet technologies.
- Performance improving projects (performance reviews).
- Project creation, management, and delivery in a high-volume environment.
- Gathering baseline data for use in performance tracking.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Provided recommendations and solutions on the design, development, and integration of BI applications while ensuring compatibility with existing systems.
- Developed a web-based data warehousing system using Microsoft 5.0, Visual Basic, SQL Server and Access. Implemented unique features such as VB scripted reports and multi-user access control system.
- Designed a Client/Server application for processing financial reports which integrated with mainframe COBOL applications to reduce manual entry of financial reports by 20%.
- Acted as team leader in a project to implement an e-commerce solution for a client in the computer services industry.
- Adequately managed other project team members, who included an architect, a team of programmers, and a customer.
BI Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Provided an evaluation, using both qualitative and quantitative analysis, of clients software for improvement.
- Used knowledge of testing environments to implement procedures for quality control improvements.
- Assisted in updating company requirements from the BIG 4 accounting firms’ latest standards and guidelines.
- Completed a project on time when assigned to develop a system to track call center handling times.
- Transitioned into a new position within the same department by learning how each aspect of the business is affected by changes in technology and tax laws.
Educational requirements are usually a bachelor’s degree in computer information science, but it’s not essential. The skills necessary for the job include the ability to analyze data and statistics, proficient with visualization tools, experience with data tools, cooperation with tech vendors, communicating analysis, and advising.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.