The After-School Teacher is responsible for children in an after school program. Their duties include attending staff meetings and training, planning assistance and implementation of activities, ensuring the health and safety of each child, upholding faculty maintenance standards, maintaining a safe and clean program site, establishing open communication and good rapport with parents.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best After School Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real After School Teacher resumes for your reference.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Developed and taught effective educational lessons for students in primary grades, middle grades, and secondary grades.
- Established lesson plans for students in grades 1-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Received evaluation scores that indicated an average level of achievement.
- Designed lesson plans for students in special education, including remedial and dyslexia.
- Gathered materials and taught students in a variety of school subjects including math, language, history, social studies, science, and reading.
- Enrolled students in elementary, middle, and high school while remaining employed.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Designed, instituted, and implemented a “Project-Based Learning” program for grades 6-8 students in the lower primary grades, which was recognized by district administrators.
- Certified after school counselor through the National Association of Counselors (NAC) in coordination with the Center for Safe Schools.
- Trained teachers on how to work with their students with disabilities.
- Helped over 300 children of families who suffered from domestic violence; developed strategies to achieve goals that otherwise may have been impossible due to chronic trauma.
- Helped over 400 children overcome behavioral, emotional, and learning challenges through specialized techniques of neuropsychological therapy.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Established a safe and fun environment for children and families by teaching, modeling, and mentoring lessons for grades 1-8 in reading, math, and science.
- Promoted the emotional, physical, and mental development of children through the cooperative and creative activities of games and arts and crafts.
- Recognized for effective use of natural materials in art projects and instructing young children to make self-directed art.
- Developed a mentoring program for grades 3-8 students to promote social awareness and community service.
- Facilitated volunteer service projects for children and adults through school-related programs and social gatherings.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Effectively facilitated group work with students in three different learning settings.
- Increased socialization skills by encouraging participation in sports, music, and other activities with students.
- Improved critical thinking skills by helping students develop critical and creative thinking skills.
- Provided individualized tutoring for students with various academic issues.
- Improved language skills by providing academic support and assistance to students.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Motivated, educated, and inspired over 250 students at a university-level school to excel in their academics.
- Trained students in conflict resolution, business and life management, and creative writing.
- Instilled self-confidence, independence, and responsibility in students through classroom instruction and homework assignments.
- Empowered students to choose their own education and career path after convincing them to stay in school.
- Developed the confidence and trust of students by encouraging them to learn, and to achieve, beyond what they thought they could.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Maintained, built, and trained an after-school program for the poor, working-class children of the west-side neighborhood.
- Developed classroom curriculum and lesson plans, organized and maintained classroom supplies, taught students for ten years.
- Recognized as a team leader and problem solver by school administrators and parents, consistently improved the program and maintained the highest academic standards.
- Provided aid and comfort to a student who was having difficulty at school and recommended her for a summer job at the grocery store.
- Introduced a three-year old to the world of responsibility and discipline.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Was the first after school teacher in my district, teaching 3rd and 4th grade students during the day and at home during the weekend.
- Was able to maintain student’s academic progress and attendance while dealing with disruptive students.
- Achieved my AYP and increased the student achievement rate of my school.
- Attended a national convention and was recognized as a speaker.
- Learned how to successfully manage the needs of an over-subscribed school.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Instructed students in Math, English, and History classes.
- Provided opportunities for learning, enjoyment, and independence for young students.
- Made positive impact on students’ grades by fostering their individual academic talents and goals.
- Achieved recognition for effective teaching and professional development.
- Realized potential in teaching and leadership.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Mentored more than a dozen students in social skills, education, and learning disabilities; established a self-esteem program for students with learning disabilities.
- Developed lesson plans for 20 students with learning disabilities; created a fun learning environment for students with learning disabilities.
- Administered tutoring services for seven students with learning disabilities.
- Supervised five students in individual and group counseling.
- Assisted with writing assignments for eight students with learning disabilities.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Developed a curriculum that combined history, science, and math to promote problem-solving and encourage creativity in students.
- Trained students in an array of subjects, including handwriting, art, music, literature, language, dance, and mathematics.
- Established school-wide celebrations of holidays and special events.
- Emphasized the use of technology in the classroom.
- Catered school-wide events, from spelling bees to school plays.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Raised a student-athlete from a troubled home to a self-motivated young adult.
- Graduated from a college and completed a teacher certification program. Designed curriculum for an after-school education program for teens and young adults.
- Assisted in the establishment of a new after school learning center, which continues to grow.
- Served as a mentor for new teachers and established a school for children with special needs. Developed a successful program for low-income students to help them earn a college degree.
- Trained teachers in the area of adult literacy, including helping students complete college and prepare for graduate school.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Developed lesson plans, and presented lessons to over 150 students in multiple classes.
- Developed an instructional video on the concept of good citizenship.
- Used individualized instruction to help students improve their social and academic skills.
- Demonstrated the use of effective educational technology in all lessons and assignments.
- Used the open-ended assessment technique to identify students who needed extra help in the area of literacy.
After School Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Involved, coordinated, and taught for over 60 children in learning, language, and creativity through after school programs, during school vacations, and summer sessions.
- Demonstrated and enhanced leadership skills and positive interpersonal relationships with parents and students through effective problem-solving.
- Provided an after school service of mentoring to help children who needed extra help in reading, math, or other subjects.
- Learned to appreciate the emotional, physical, and social aspects of living.
- Accomplished “Community Project of the Year” award for a school renovation program; offered support and knowledge of child-care options to other schools.
An after school teacher needs an Associates’s degree in Early Childhood. The after school Teacher must have demonstrated an ability or interest in planning and providing activities for children, possess strong skills in working with children, have clear and concise communication skills, strong decision-making skills and initiative, physical stamina, ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., have excellent hearing and vision.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best After School Teacher Resume Samples
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 1
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 2
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 3
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 4
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 5
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 6
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 7
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 8
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 9
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 10
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 11
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 12
- After School Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up