Forensic scientists collect evidence and analyze from crime scenes to support police officers and detectives. Their duties include performing observing the crime scene, crime scene photography, crime scene sketching, the collection and preservation of evidence, scientific analysis, use the report to discover criminal activities, and reconstruct crime scenes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Forensic Scientist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Forensic Scientist resumes for your reference.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 1
- Received commendation for crime scene investigation training performed at local police academies.
- Served as the Investigator, Forensic Chemist, and Intelligence Analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency before being transferred to other assignments.
- Completed two-and-a-half years of advanced linguistics training at the Defense Language Institute in California before being forced into early retirement due to his knowledge of three foreign languages.
- Successfully conducted all phases of the trial after being given control over the trial.
- Received commendation for superb service.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 2
- Acquired and/or analyzed data related to evidence and crime scene analysis.
- Retrospective analysis of case files and databases; compiled information into concise presentations for investigators.
- Established standard operating procedures for areas that represented the specialized areas for team members.
- Acquired information through research, interviews with witnesses, suspects, victim interviews, review of case files. Used this information to build a case against subject(s).
- Evaluated the applicability of existing laws to specific cases; educated others on new laws or prospective laws that would be relevant to an investigation or prosecution.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 3
- Analyzed evidence collected by the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command at crime scenes, sites of accidents & suicides, & interdiction efforts for threat/countermand munitions.
- Investigated volatile organic compound (VOC) spills in an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) flight simulator to determine their source and spill locations based on field observations including evidence gathered by other law enforcement personnel.
- Investigated bomb threats against military installations for suspect device identification & followed up with other law enforcement agencies related to follow-up information on the suspect activity.
- Conducted evidence analyses based on evidence collected during deadly shooter events at schools, shopping malls, and other public venues, in order to determine the type and source of munitions used by suspects.
- Conducted a gunshot residue (GSR) test for a suspect in a shooting incident to rule out GSR transfer from the suspect to prosecution witnesses.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 4
- Identified suspect for theft; saved employer $4 million.
- Talented and well respected analytical expert.
- Strong analytical skills; developed and implemented solutions for complex problems.
- Expert in forensic science; developed a strategy for a possible suspect apprehended on a domestic violence charge.
- Expert in forensic science; used scientific methods to develop evidence to support a claim of negligent homicide on an officer.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 5
- Successfully completed all assigned solvents, toxins, and biological forensics assignments.
- Catalogued all evidence for latent fingerprints using the AFIS Database on time.
- Trained subordinates in the proper collection of physical evidence on the scene; resulting in better crime scene management.
- Achieved 96% on qualifying exam for advancement to GS-12; the highest score in the department.
- Highlighted with an exemplary service award at the National Crime Lab in Washington D.C.; for exemplary performance of duties.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 6
- Expert in forensic radiology; performed x-ray, MRI, and CAT scans. Interpreted test results in reference to departmental standards and case requirements.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; achieved exemption from the mandatory retirement age.
- Received award for outstanding leadership skills; mentored junior employees and kept them current with current technology and cases.
- Accomplished CFO designation from the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators (IAFCI); increased ability to interpret financial records relating to fraud, theft, and money laundering.
- Awarded departmental citation for exemplary service; reviewed a vast number of documents relating to a case despite limited resources.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 7
- Obtained evidence to solve/eliminate crime in high-crime areas.
- Efficiently conducted foot pursuit and apprehends two suspects on multiple occasions.
- Seized illegal substances from masked suspects, as well as illegally parking vehicles from those same suspects.
- Re-arrested a parolee for violating his parole conditions on multiple occasions, as well as confiscated stolen goods from the same suspect.
- Successfully completed a “Top Gun” training course with a first-class ranking—recognized by a supervisor for outstanding performance and commitment to the job.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 8
- Delivered detailed daily reports to the Inspector General’s Office regarding security issues throughout the college campus.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance in law enforcement, government service, and military service.
- Identified ambiguities in recorded statements made by criminals at crime scenes to be used in legal proceedings against them.
- Implemented security measures to protect sensitive research data from being compromised when electronic files were stolen from a computer.
- Identified sensitive information that could be used against American citizens in foreign courts of law.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 9
- Completed several successful investigations with the department that led to convictions of perpetrators who had perpetrated heinous crimes against children.
- Worked with law enforcement to break up a multi-state ring of drug traffickers whose activities adversely affected children.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge regarding the methodology used by criminals to evade law enforcement efforts.
- Provided expert testimony regarding methods used by terrorists to circumvent, disrupt, or otherwise interfere with national security.
- Achieved numerous commendations for excellence in conducting multi-jurisdictional investigations across state lines, which proved crucial to bringing criminals to justice.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 10
- Investigated and identified fraudulent cases, initiated proceedings, and prosecuted convicted offenders.
- Organized and analyzed complex data in order to identify criminal activity; used computers/software to do the work; participated in the FBI’s investigation of a bank robbery.
- Identified and pursued terrorist activities in the US and overseas; received awards for outstanding performance in field operations.
- Researched and supported terrorism investigations for federal, state, local agencies; tracked multiple leads through multi-step investigations; led numerous international investigations; tracked down fugitives around the world; received the award for exceptional performance.
- Briefed President Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton on the findings of a state-sponsored terrorism investigation.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 11
- Concluded case of identity theft by recognizing the inconsistencies in the suspect’s statements and identifying alterations to his signature.
- Interrogated a suspect regarding a homicide based on probable cause.
- Responded to a hostage situation; requested additional negotiation resources from my supervisor after suspect initiated contact with police.
- Directed the crime scene investigation team at a homicide scene.
- Identified the murder weapon based on partial fingerprints.
Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 12
- Perform investigative tasks regarding a wide range of criminal investigation issues, including crime scenes and other evidence.
- Conduct investigations involving robbery, holdup, illegal drugs, child pornography, and other forms of illegal activities.
- Conduct interviews with suspects, witnesses, and victims as well as determine the validity of information obtained from those interviewed.
- Obtain information from sources as non-law enforcement personnel as well as evaluate the validity of the sources’ information.
- Interview witnesses, suspects, and victims to obtain further information needed for an investigation or for a trial. Perform background checks to determine if a suspect has a history of lying or cheating.
Forensic Scientists typically have a Bachelor’s in Forensic Science but tend to have more success with a master’s degree. They need to have attention to detail, strong analytical skills, high ethical standards, team-focused communication, knowledge of scientific methods, the ability to handle graphic situations, and the ability to use lab equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Forensic Scientist Resume Samples
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 1
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 2
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 3
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 4
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 5
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 6
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 7
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 8
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 9
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 10
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 11
- Forensic Scientist Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up