A Catering Assistant assists the kitchen with food preparation for catered events such as conferences, galas, and weddings. Their duties include scheduling catering orders, stocking supplies, maintaining client billing and deposits, setting up event areas, assisting in the coordinating of catered events, and carrying out basic food preparation tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Catering Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Catering Assistant resumes for your reference.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Supervised the preparation of multiple items per day; produced food with exceptional quality.
- Performed daily tasks without complaint, noting constructive criticism while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhered to company’s policies while adhering to sales goals.
- Created personal sales growth while utilizing creativity to promote sales.
- Achieved highest rating on leadership, teamwork, and quality rating on Quality Management Plan completed by the store manager for achieving the original goal in 2 months.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Served as a positive example to coworkers and patients in the hospital cafeteria. Prepared and served fresh fruits and vegetables, desserts, and coffee. Dropped off and picked up food recipes daily.
- Maintained cleanliness of all food preparation areas in the catering department.
- Preserved all machines used for preparing entrées, salads, casseroles, etc., by washing them thoroughly at least twice weekly.
- Adhered to sanitary standards by following proper handwashing procedures before handling food or equipment or entering work areas where food was prepared or handled.
- Recognized as a team player. Participated regularly in team meetings and developed a plan for enhancing team goals.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Successfully assisted the Catering Manager in training and developing staff; demonstrated superior customer service, professionalism, and knowledge.
- Resolved customer grievances and questions; provided exceptional customer service skills/knowledge to both internal and external customers.
- Actively participated in new hire orientation, corporate catering policy training, POS system training, etc.; achieved 100% attendance rate for all mandatory corporate training.
- Expanded my knowledge of the wine industry by attending seminars at local colleges; kept up-to-date on the latest industry trends by reading numerous trade publications.
- Received outstanding customer service awards from various customers; achieved superior sales skills by networking with other companies in the industry.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Helped organize an annual fundraising event for the hospital, which raised over $500,000.
- Collaborated with volunteers to decorate approximately 10,000 cookies per week for 6 weeks.
- Used social media to promote awareness of the event; developed a database of more than 1000 social media contacts.
- Maintained strict sanitary standards by using disposable aprons and wrapping all supplies in plastic wrap.
- Openly communicated with customers and employees about any concerns they had about the catering process and ensured that everyone was satisfied and comfortable with all aspects of the event before it began.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Handled office phones and caller slips as a telephone receptionist.
- Prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner to serve 200 patients as a Dietary Aid for three years.
- Made beds for 110 patients as a Housekeeper/Custodian for five years.
- Washed windows in 20 patient rooms as a Floor Attendant/Janitor for two years.
- Cleaned three bathrooms as a Housekeeper/Custodian for three years.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained the organization’s equipment inventory records for catering services, according to company policy.
- Greeted the customers with a smile while providing them with catering service.
- Prepared all dishes for each of the scheduled daily events.
- Maintained the organization’s food preparation area, utensils, and supplies according to procedures and records.
- Conducted daily clean-up tasks after each event.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Accurately completed all paperwork for catering orders.
- Expertly set up events for each of the following clients; National Association of Realtors, American Society of Association Executives, and International Technology Transfer Conferences.
- Accomplished Food & Service Safety System (FSSC) certification; the only employee to achieve this distinction within the first three months of employment.
- Received outstanding performance review based on customer satisfaction survey results.
- Received first place award for service excellence; arranged last-minute catering on short notice for conference participants.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Food is purchased at local grocery stores; purchased food items include hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, French fries, pretzels, corn chips, candy bars, and salad every week.
- Sanitized flatware by washing it in chlorine water before each use.
- Formed relationships with customers on a personal basis by making sincere attempts to become familiar with their families’ birthdays.
- Was thoroughly trained on the preparation of the Restaurant’s dishes according to specific guidelines set forth by Regional Manager.
- Worked under the direction of Regional Manager to deliver professional service at all times.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Accurately prepared beverages and food orders.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding job performance; most accurate server in the department.
- Recognized by the Catering Team Leader for superb performance; completed food orders with 100% accuracy.
- Received quality award; prepared all banquet room tables within the budgeted time frame.
- Received recognition for outstanding performance; ate breakfast 30mins before shift; completed all job tasks with efficiency.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Fulfilled duties for Assistant Manager; effectively-prepared food, served, cleaned up, and assisted with closing duties.
- Prepared meals for the catering staff; helped prepare meals for over 350 staff members.
- Adhered to strict, company-wide sanitation guidelines; maintained utmost care of dishes to ensure that they would be sanitized before being used by another person.
- Earned award certificate by arriving on time and working without rest wear to prepare meals.
- Received award certificate by working efficiently for maximum yield in minimum time according to company policy.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Maintained a high level of sanitation standards for the kitchen.
- Efficiently scheduled meetings for the department.
- Recognized by Executive Chef for acting as temporary sous chef during his absence.
- Efficiently organized food orders received from vendors by maintaining detailed files and communicating with vendors regarding supply availability.
- Earned the right to wear all-white uniform.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Successfully processed and served up to 200 meals during the lunch and dinner rush.
- Achieved leadership position as a food service team leader; effectively initiated projects, set goals and objectives, and provided leadership to direct subordinates.
- Achieved outstanding work performance rating; conducted employee reviews with supervisors to conclude that all employees were performing duties as required of them.
- Served as a key player in the restaurant’s team effort by being a strong proponent for quality control throughout the day.
- Attributed satisfactorily to my job performance, being recognized as an outstanding employee by supervisor’s annual review.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Presented food samples to the public; answered questions regarding menu items.
- Received good customer service award for handling complaints and requests with courtesy and effectiveness.
- Achieved highest level of food safety certification; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to the guidelines set by the health department.
- Awarded achievement award for excellent food presentation.
- Recognized by servers as an important asset to the team for successfully communicating with diners, promoting new menu items, and resolving customer complaints according to company guidelines.
Catering Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award for fastest and most accurate food preparation.
- Recognized for outstanding catering service; courteously and efficiently served luncheon to more than 100 guests.
- Actively participated in the Hospitality Club; recognized by the Director of Hospitality for exceptional leadership and service.
- Served as Hospitality Club president; organized fundraising activities, events, and meetings with other school clubs.
- Earned award from the Director of Hospitality, recognizing accuracy in recording data about banquet reservations.
To work as a Catering Assistant, you should have at least one year of work experience in the food or hospitality industry. Catering Assistants should demonstrate outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills, ability to work well within a team, patience and organization, food handling experience, and excellent physical stamina and dexterity.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Catering Assistant Resume Samples
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Catering Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up