Software Engineering Managers lead software development projects, managing teams and overseeing strategy. Their duties include providing guidance to developers, evaluating workflows, identifying improvement opportunities, ensuring alignment of long-term strategies across projects, leading meetings, and managing day-to-day tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Software Engineering Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Engineering Manager resumes for your reference.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 1
- Conceived, created and implemented vision for an existing product line; proposed concept in a one page design document that spanned all aspects of the product – hardware, software architecture, and marketing.
- Managed staff responsible for the entire development lifecycle of a flagship product; budgeted funds for software engineering staff and outside contractors to ensure deadlines were met.
- Introduced Agile methodology to increase team productivity; developed training program to educate team members on use of Scrum techniques with Kanban boards.
- Reduced cycle time from 8 months to 5 weeks; eliminated backlogs and bottlenecks by streamlining development process from user stories through code check-in.
- Turned around lackluster sales performance; convinced top 20 Fortune 1000 customers to adopt flagship product line.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 2
- Selected by peers and subordinates as most effective leader.
- Set sales records for the 3 largest products in company history.
- Achieved highest call response ratio among peers.
- Received award for highest level of software usability.
- Invited to speak at prestigious conference on upcoming software trends.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 3
- Successfully led and directed the development of multiple projects with respect to government, military, and private entities.
- Accommodated the needs of customers by completing complex architectural designs to meet analysis and user interface specifications in an adroit and timely fashion.
- Achieved award for expediting the resolution of a server configuration issue that resulted in a $300,000 loss during the holiday season.
- Recognized for outstanding performance of duties during an audit by the State Board of Equalization; directed collection of all data pertaining to contracts with state agencies.
- Earned achievement award for second consecutive quarter; team exceeded enterprise goals for new contracts generated by 21%.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 4
- Developed and implemented a code review policy that reduced defects in the code base by 30%.
- Led an initiative to migrate the entire application from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server, resulting in a 15% increase in performance.
- Wrote automated scripts for continuous integration testing which reduced nightly developer test times by 75%.
- Implemented an error logging and reporting system which resulted in a 15% decrease of defects from existing applications.
- Increased employee engagement with an internal tracking system that improved communication and collaboration between team members and departments.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed a development team of eight employees.
- Adopted Agile methodologies and worked in close collaboration with project stakeholders to develop scalable, maintainable, and efficient applications.
- Successfully implemented a legacy system by unifying disparate legacy components into an application that was compliant with regulations and would meet the needs of the business.
- Introduced and implemented new technology, including SQL Server 2012 with SSRS Reporting Services, to improve performance and scalability across the organization.
- Played a key role in streamlining the testing process while minimizing time-to-market; eliminated three code freezes due to long lead times.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 6
- Supplied end-user support for customer products personally as well as through email and telephone inquiries.
- Achieved award for setting the stage in the software development planning process by researching and identifying customer needs.
- Achieved award for initiating a necessary software project by researching and identifying requirements.
- Achieved award for developing a customer relationship after completing the project by identifying customer needs and satisfaction metrics.
- Achieved award for updating team members regarding any changes to the projects’ status of delivery or completion, expected date, etc.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed and developed a team of 10 engineers; conducted reviews to ensure code quality, design standards, industry best practices.
- Worked with senior management to write requirements for a new product release.
- Provided leadership and mentoring to junior engineers; ran targeted weekly training sessions over the course of three years.
- Developed software to monitor the performance of industrial machines; streamlined the manufacturing process by reducing down time by 30%.
- Estimated project cost for hosting services for two different projects.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 8
- Gathered and developed quotes for software development projects.
- Developed team for the development of commercial software to improve current sales force operation.
- Created a new release schedule with Service Level Agreements for all new releases going forward (including pre-beta) and assisted in the hosting of an annual Software Development conference.
- Participated in internal and external marketing efforts, creating and implementing graphics for user groups, corporate training series, websites, etc.
- Recognized for participation in the first ever customer satisfaction survey.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 9
- Successfully led a software development team of 15 engineers and was responsible for project completion on time and within budget.
- Managed multiple projects over several business sectors, including payroll processing, financial services, government, e-commerce and others.
- Established time frames for each phase of assigned projects; approved milestones that were used to measure progress.
- Evaluated product features based on business needs as well as customer feedback; adjusted features to meet changing needs.
- Spearheaded a project that reduced processing time from 4 hours to 20 minutes; saved company $30 million in one year alone.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw advanced team members in the development of accounting software.
- Assisted in the development of an application that interfaces with a third party credit reporting agency to help our loan originators identify customers who were delinquent on their mortgage payments.
- Recognized as one of the top 25 Salespersons under age 30 by individual income and risk scoring technology company, IncrediCredit.
- Participated in the Software Engineering Director’s Retreat at IBM Headquarters.
- Received Microsoft Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement in Windows Application Development Technology Development.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw the management of a team of professional engineers, including the coordination and control of projects from start to completion.
- Created and implemented testing strategies in an effort to provide high quality software.
- Managed software developers who were responsible for creating and maintaining an integrated database system which provide real-time inventory management and analysis.
- Served as a liaison between departments such as sales, accounting, product development, marketing, customer service and manufacturing.
- Maintained communication between upper level management and employees within the department; oversaw processes for new employee orientations.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed a team of developers during development of local, remote and web applications, including the personnel management parts of the software.
- Led a group of developers to produce high-quality software within schedule and budget; achieved award for highest customer satisfaction.
- Conducted training sessions to all levels within the organization on application development process, design patterns, and best practices.
- Participated in new product development initiatives as a team lead.
- Regularly updated department knowledgebase on development processes, design principles, best practices and suggested coding standards.
Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample 13
- Increased the number of individuals served by offering clients advice and direction pertaining to the design, growth, and development process.
- Streamlined the process of allocating resources and implementing new software, taking a workload management approach to ensure quality output with minimized risk.
- Developed a comprehensive review of product features and clarity of user documentation.
- Utilized a peer product review system to provide architectural evaluations based on design standards determined by the user population.
- Directed development of new versions in response to requests for modification as well as feedback from users and project team members.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.