It Help Desk Technician provides support such as troubleshooting issues for the technologies used in a business. Duties include aiding employees with their computer or software, processing IT requests, troubleshooting software or computer issues, contacting outside help for major issues, explaining to employees the problem-solving process, and responding to all employees in a timely manner.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Help Desk Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Help Desk Technician resumes for your reference.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 1
- Handled approximately 500 calls for assistance; logged an average call time of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Administered a network that served 200 users in a department that includes eight departments.
- Trained 15 new employees to use the Blackberry Enterprise Solution in three days; authored a detailed training plan for the department to ensure successful implementation of BBES.
- Resolved customer problems to ensure quality service, including assisting customers re-register for e-mail accounts during a slow period.
- Analyzed network problems and reported results to the Network Administrator, including input from testing completed by other team members at other locations.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 2
- Trained and mentored new employees as a supervisor.
- A developed effective methodology for troubleshooting and resolving problems with computers, printers, copiers, etc.
- Took part in the retraining of employees as a first aid instructor.
- Met all apprenticeship requirements as a certified first aid/CPR instructor for a regional corporation’s health department.
- Graduated from IT classes with distinction; excelled at maintaining the company’s computer network by effectively troubleshooting computer issues and recommending upgrades to the IT department.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 3
- Troubleshoot and analyze computer system problems; communicated effectively with both employees and management to resolve issues.
- Maintained the company’s computer network; resolved network connectivity issues and worked to expand the network capability.
- Achieved awards for excellence in customer service, excellence in technical support, and excellence in computer operations.
- Worked closely with the management team to ensure effective policies and procedures were instituted and followed for software installation and user account creation.
- Resolved numerous ticket inquiries within 24 hours after the initial call for help; praised as a top performer by management.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 4
- Effectively analyzed and resolved callers’ issues; assisted with creation and setup of user accounts; resolved connectivity issues.
- Owned the highest level of customer satisfaction through superior time management, analytical skills, and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Assigned as a computer software trainer; effectively trained end-users; provided guidance to callers regarding proper use.
- Trained end-users in latest Windows applications; proactively identified workflow issues on production servers/workstations.
- Mentored new hires; provided guidance to callers regarding proper use of telephone, desk top software, and e-mail.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 5
- Implemented a database backup to keep the information secure.
- Used the system as an effective tool for tracking and monitoring projects, as well as for showing reports and graphs.
- Delivered accurate and timely documentation of events.
- Coordinated with various projects, such as bug-fixing projects, web page design, and project management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in researching complicated problems and hence was able to create solutions that were efficient and cost-effective.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 6
- Scheduled and coordinated work order tickets for a fast-paced production environment.
- Expertly analyzed user problems and offered solutions for a variety of computer issues.
- Provided timely resolutions to prevent server downtime by developing backup systems using alternative software applications.
- Rewrote an outdated software application so that it could be used in a new hardware environment.
- Mentored other team members regarding proper system management strategies and troubleshooting methods for fixing hardware issues.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 7
- Responded to support requests to the best of my ability, even if it took a couple of days.
- Coordinated an upgrade for a customer’s system.
- Effectively addressed a customer’s technical needs and offered solutions.
- Repaired an invaluable piece of software that was being used by another person to bring the application down.
- Formatted, corrected, and printed documents as required by customers who were having difficulties with Word processing or printing issues.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 8
- Urgently responded to numerous IT tickets from the company’s headquarters, assisting all employees with personal computer issues from an internal telecom team.
- Laid the groundwork for new software; effectively-researched and documented operating systems that were incompatible with the new software.
- Received recognition for outstanding customer service; effectively resolved numerous problems for all end-users.
- Fixed computer errors promptly; quickly assessed users’ problems and recommended solutions, resolving issues in less than 5 minutes.
- Resolved all user problems pertaining to hardware; received award for providing exemplary service.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 9
- Achieved award for exceeding customer service expectations.
- Received outstanding quality award; regularly updated client relations department with information relating to client assistance requests.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated with the payroll department to resolve problems related to payroll items.
- Made extensive contributions to sales through sales specials, direct mail, and computer software promotion.
- Achieved award for completing training requirements within the established time frame.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 10
- Recognized by the Director for solving a critical operating system problem that had disabled the entire network, enabling remote access to all applications.
- Received excellent quality award for resolving an issue involving a server crash.
- Achieved award for being selected as “Employee of the Month” based on customer satisfaction ratings; effectively troubleshot network problems and resolved software application errors.
- Earned praise from client organization representing AT&T; solved email delivery issues and documented solutions in an online technical support manual.
- Recognized by staff for resolving issues involving printer malfunction; ensured processing of 6 payroll checks in 10 minutes, contributing to maintaining the organization’s financial standing.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 11
- Successfully processed support tickets for customer accounts.
- Awareness of software vulnerabilities and root cause analysis to avoid potential security breaches.
- Provided increased efficiency in resolving an increased volume of support tickets.
- Conducted monthly management training sessions for the IT Help Desk.
- Received outstanding customer service award; consistently provided excellent service to customers while maintaining high standards in knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position’s responsibilities.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 12
- Submitted time cards on time for over 9 months.
- Completed IT projects on time without sacrificing quality; received an award for quality and timeliness from the IT Director.
- Provided exceptional customer service and was commended by the CEO and President of the company for providing customers with information and assistance to resolve their technical issues on time.
- Met enrollment goals set by upper management; achieved the greatest growth in enrollments for training courses offered to customers.
- Recognized as “Employee of the quarter” for providing solutions that assisted customers in reaching their goals while adhering to standards set forth by the company.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 13
- Proactively and independently resolved user problems and escalated difficult problems to IT, support staff.
- Received Platinum Award for Achievement of Service Level Agreement requirements for over 90% of tickets handled; maintained a 99% customer satisfaction rating.
- Acknowledged by management for participating in an 80-hour team-building exercise focused on communication, negotiation, and problem resolution.
- Received award for outstanding performance; reviewed and resolved user concerns daily while maintaining a 98% customer satisfaction rating.
- Won Team Project Award for designing and implementing a new web portal; addressed successfully over 200 users who had previously complained of site accessibility issues and poor search results.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 14
- Provided 24-hour technical support to the company’s computer system; effectively documented 100% of calls in the help desk database according to the company’s reporting guidelines.
- Successfully trained new hire on computer applications; received outstanding performance award based on customer satisfaction ratings.
- Installed and tested new hard drives for servers; successfully resolved 5 critical issues within 2 hours.
- Received outstanding quality award; compiled data relating to data center network security issues.
- Efficiently installed and configured computer systems for users; provided assistance with network troubleshooting to users who could not access their computers because of problems with a user name and password guidelines.
To work as an IT Help Desk Technician, you must have a certification or degree in computer science or related field and experience working with IT infrastructures. IT Help Desk Technicians must demonstrate troubleshooting errors, technical support, knowledge of new technologies, software update knowledge, computer skills, time management, and critical thinking.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Help Desk Technician Resume Samples
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 1
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 2
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 3
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 4
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 5
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 6
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 7
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 8
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 9
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 10
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 11
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 12
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 13
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up