Activity Aides are responsible for assisting the Activity Director in providing activity services and programs to their clients. Their duties include planning, setting up, implementing, and evaluating activities, observing and reporting attendance and participation, answering phone calls, looking for improvement, and participating in compliance trainings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Activity Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Activity Aide resumes for your reference.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 1
- Envisioned, wrote/directed, and edited over six minutes of music for the annual school television program.
- Collaborated with a national company to present a one-act play to over three hundred students.
- Designed, developed, and produced a one-act original play for the school program.
- Created and presented a three-act original rock musical, which included original and cover songs from various artists.
- Developed and designed the school’s annual yearbook.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 2
- Completed over 3,500 hours of training sessions to assist patrons with painting and ceramics projects.
- Instructed patrons on the history of art movements, sculpture, and pottery creation.
- Risked my personal safety to save a patron from a fire that broke out in the kiln room.
- Held workshops for elementary school children on visual perspective in painting and free-handed drawing.
- Hand-drew original designs for fine art, including a commissioned work that sold at auction.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 3
- Created fan art for an animated series and several video games.
- Responsible for set design, construction, painting, and art direction in community theater productions.
- Participated in arts competitions, including local art shows and art competitions with college groups. Increased participation of members of the public with encouraging involvement in the arts at school and work environments.
- Created artwork for advertising and brochures for a local non-profit agency promoting the arts.
- Performed at local venues including trios concerts. Tournament champion’s trophies awarded to community performing artists of three years’ standing.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 4
- Displayed extraordinary talents and aptitude in all areas of Art, Creative, and Design including: Music, Dramatics, Sculpture, Photography, and Art Appreciation.
- Participated in a multitude of activities including: Choir, Band, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra Band; participated as a dancer.
- Produced art works for fine arts contests and received awards from the school district.
- Managed the creative operations during multiple school athletic events; planned creative team scrimmages for football field; coordinated renditions of on-field Superb Owl Halftime Show for home football games.
- Researched, composed, and performed original music at concerts; organized and produced stage performances of A Christmas Carol.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 5
- Sculpted 3-D artwork that cast light in the night.
- Wrote and illustrated children’s books that enabled young students to learn about empathy, self-expression, and community.
- Rode a non-profit bike as a team member of the 2006 AIDS/LifeCycle Ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
- Handcrafted an award-winning design that used recycled paper and sustainable sea grasses; received recognition by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
- Developed skill-building activities for elementary students to help them practice social skills at school.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 6
- Assisted disabled and alienated individuals to embrace self-confidence by encouraging them to participate in art, creative, and design activities.
- Organized and conducted professional workshops for young adults aged 18–26 who had learning disabilities.
- Instructed over 100 young adults with mental or physical disabilities to utilize creativity through art, music, dance, drama, and creative writing.
- Trained 3 mentally disabled students as “Sisters” in the arts of sewing, baking and cooking; created a weekly bazaar for young women to promote self-esteem.
- Conducted arts-oriented programs for children with mental, physical and emotional disabilities.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 7
- Assisted over 90 participants in the Arts, Creative, and Design on major projects including: Profuse Tango, Romeo and Juliette, The Art of the Ink & Paintbrush.
- Assisted with many individual decorating projects including: floral arrangement, painting, plantation shutters.
- Handled over 300 customers per month in arts, creative artistry and design. Communicated well with them to solicit solutions to their questions.
- Managed over 75 staff (dependents) for senior citizen dance program for three years. Utilized leadership skills by developing a positive work environment for staff members and clients as well as our community partners.
- Designed and designed The Memorial Garden at the Senior Center, which is comprised of over 200′ x 100′ flower beds and a beautiful garden area.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 8
- Exceeded the expectations of the program manager by designing and implementing a variety of activities for senior center participants.
- Engaged more than 100 children and adults in a variety of hands-on activities that improved socialization and communication skills.
- Recognized for excellence in Arts, Crafts, Dance, Music, Storytelling, Theater, and Writing accomplishments through awards from the Council on Aging.
- Designed and instructed a physical fitness class to promote health, relaxation, and spirituality among seniors using Tai Chi movements.
- Determined that low-income housing challenged individuals to repress their creativity; advocated against these living conditions through verbal discussion with residents’ families.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 9
- Facilitated arts programs that promoted creativity, expression, and discipline in children; redirected aggressive outbursts by providing outlets for artistic self-expression.
- Directed an art class of no more than ten students per session; effectively coordinated student activities while maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Recruited adults to act as behavior technicians and to monitor the children during art classes; organized competitions among adults to encourage positive reinforcement of students’ work.
- Discovered new potential for conveying images for human comprehension via innovative use of color, light, and shadow through my painting and sculpting skills.
- Exhibited strong attention to detail during concept development for large-scale murals; displayed strong awareness for customer satisfaction and creativity in designing new products.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 10
- Assisted adult with various activities (dressing, grooming, bathing) to improve self-esteem.
- Successfully coordinated monthly performances of a local band with the group’s booking agent in order to increase visibility of the band’s presence and standing in the music community.
- Maintained inventory and displayed merchandise (stationary, pens, pencils, paper products) in order to help consumer make purchase decisions relating to office needs.
- Promoted sales of artwork during an evening event with live music by creating a buzz in the community through participation in a local radio program.
- Lead a volunteer group of 15 to serve hot dog meals to the public during benefit/fundraiser events.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 11
- Processed paperwork for ongoing projects and events with time management skills and thoroughness.
- Performed duties as a backstage assistant on two live dance productions.
- Accomplished two of four required work hours on school play; helped plan, direct, and rehearse a production with full cast.
- Worked in an observatory recording data for flora and fauna observation; earned recognition by predicting changes in weather patterns.
- Completely realized the potential of my creative abilities after designing, producing, and distributing artwork to over seventy schools in the area.
Activity Aide Resume Sample 12
- Organized, decorated, and presented educational art classes for children ages 6–12 with disabilities.
- Developed a coloring book for the patients at a pediatric hospital; raised over $12,000 in donations.
- Provided after school art education to elementary children; mentored struggling students.
- Presented my artistic skills to an audience of 1000+ as an actor in a musical theater production.
- Wrote and illustrated a coloring book; published by ABC Publishers who requested that I create more coloring books for their collection.
To work as an Activity Aide you need to complete an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferably in activity therapy, humanities or a related field and preferably having 1 year of experience. An Activity Aide must demonstrate creativity, compassion, a sense of humor, good judgment, responsibility, trustworthiness, be energetic, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.