A Senior Finance Manager helps a company make smart financial decisions by forecasting outcomes and reducing costs. Their duties include writing financial reports, developing strategic relationships, leading a team of managers and data analysts, creating financial forecasts, increasing efficiency, and providing stakeholders with analysis.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Senior Finance Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Senior Finance Manager resumes for your reference.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished more than 90% of the expectations in the annual budget for one of our largest customers.
- Accomplished 66% of the budget for another major customer, which was a 36% profit increase to annual gross revenues.
- Achieved and maintained positive cash flow during an extremely difficult year as we moved into new facilities; also, continued to establish strong relationships with key customers.
- Streamlined our company’s information systems by developing new processes and procedures, which resulted in a new system that is more efficient and less expensive to operate.
- Further established relationships with key customers by attending and speaking at their yearly meetings; additionally, I was recognized by a peer organization for my outstanding performance and leadership skills.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 2
- Negotiated loans and leases with all major commercial banks.
- Prepared financial plans, budget, and all supporting documents that had to be located by the President at any time.
- Created customized computer programs for sales analysis of daily financial reports. Coordinated office activities required by the President due to expediency and profitability.
- Acquired business knowledge through participation in over-seas travel and visits to other countries which provided unique opportunities for cross-cultural exchange and learning.
- Assisted Department Head in achieving million-dollar annual sales goals by managing loan portfolio and new business development.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 3
- Treated clients, internal and external stakeholders, with utmost respect and maintained a positive professional outlook.
- Achieved Top Sales Agent award; originated $49 Million in loans from clients.
- Managed the process of automated loan origination to minimize human errors.
- Possessed strong attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and minimized loss of client confidence.
- Helped secure $20 Million in Capital One notes as an asset for the company in order to secure increased assets for loans.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 4
- Achieved a 24% increase in revenue during last year’s fiscal year.
- Procured and maintained a “no-fee” credit rating with the Transunion Credit Reporting Agency.
- Increased loan originations and boosted profitability by 50%.
- Directed successful implementation of new billing procedures that allows clients to pay over the phone or Internet.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained an efficient day-to-day budgeting process to work independently.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 5
- Created an organized, user-friendly system that lessened the time spent with paperwork by 35%; Company recognized me for saving nearly $13,000 in postage and shipping expenses.
- Maintained 60 accounts while increasing average balance by 27%.
- Reduced the percentage of uncollectable loan balances from 4% to 0% through innovative collection procedures and strategies.
- Earned organizational award; managed a team of 15 employees to achieve rapid loan closings within established company time frames.
- Recognized as one of the top one percent (1%) of all United States Mortgage Executives for successfully completing transactions at over $409 million in actual value since 1992.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 6
- Handled, trained, and supervised highly skilled personnel.
- Helped create and implement annual budgets providing instruction and training to employees of the unit.
- Acquired new subscribers and developed new business.
- Completed tasks in all areas of the job with excellence; was recognized as outstanding employee in accounting.
- Participated in development planning to incorporate future growth, expansion, and automation projects into the company’s profit reports; achieved highest-ranking financial analyst status.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 7
- Developed new financial strategies using analytical and database tools, which significantly increased sales revenue.
- Built a multi-million-dollar business through financial and operational management.
- Successfully executed a comprehensive mergers and acquisitions proposal.
- Identified potential revenue potential through market research, developing new marketing strategies, and identifying and closing new accounts.
- Achieved 10% return on investment after three years of working for the company; identified opportunities for expanding business operation.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 8
- Undertook three mergers; successfully integrated operations and delegated responsibilities after each merger.
- Opened four new branches; approved by the Regional Director for the established success of my prior branch management.
- Achieved record sales revenue at established branch; recognized by senior Vice President for exceptional achievement during a time of challenging economic climate.
- Awarded as top contributor to company-wide financial campaigns to raise over $8,000,000 in new capital.
- Earned a Certificate in Business Excellence from Harvard University; completion required enrollment in a full semester-long course sequence, earning two academic honors, and wrote a competitive research paper on corporate finance practices.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 9
- Served as a customer service and financial management leader for a collection agency.
- Recognized for financial and operational excellence; was selected as the top income producing customer service manager.
- Increased revenue by 22% in three years; successfully identified new loan sources from current clients and generated 65 additional accounts through referrals of existing customers.
- Awarded the “Customer Service Excellence Award”; successfully implemented new customer service systems to provide outstanding customer service to clients, customers, and employees.
- Earned departmental awards for excellence in operational, customer service, and financial management.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 10
- Achieved a return-on-equity of 200% by converting traditional banking products into FSI (Financial Services Inc.) accounts and refunding original investments in less than two months.
- Performed accurate account management and financial reporting for accounts totaling $500 million, improved ROI from -10% to + 30% within three weeks.
- Resolved issues and improved relationships with customers by implementing policies governing credit agreements and offering opt-out options; decreased customer complaints from 1,000 to zero in one year.
- Received a client satisfaction award for knowledge of CMI (Customer Management Interface) for payments, and account management; two-year average client retention rate exceeded 90%.
- Acquired advanced financial planning knowledge through self-study; earned a certification for Financial Planning Analyst.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 11
- Achieved 97% of total corporate sales objectives while meeting requirements in all facets of Finance, Operations and Marketing.
- Managed a team of eleven subordinates accountable for $5 million in daily trading, 30 million in monthly sales, and $60 million in annual profit.
- Enhanced assets’ marketability by assisting in the drafting and implementation of loan modification proposals to be presented to the executive committee.
- Enhanced overall performance through effective delegation by motivating two subordinates to exceed their monthly sales goals by 11%.
- Exceeded overall progression requirements during an upgrade from Management Analyst position to Senior Finance Manager through focusing on asset growth while maintaining optimal cash flow.
Senior Finance Manager Resume Sample 12
- Translated company financial statements and performed other financial analysis as requested by management.
- Organized, maintained, and updated accounting systems including monthly payroll system.
- Prevented over $50,000 in overpayment error by implementing new policies.
- Completed numerous complex and critical projects within tight deadlines; received awards for customer service, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications.
To be a Senior Finance Manager (or Senior Director of Finance), you need a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a similar degree and over five years of financial management experience (MBA is often preferred). Senior Finance Managers need finance modeling expertise, leadership skills, attention to detail, and experience with reporting tools.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.