Retail Operations Managers provide direct oversight of all daily operations within a retail store. Their duties include the hiring or firing of employees, creating and managing an employee schedule, ensuring the cleanliness of their store, keeping up with all required maintenance, developing strategies to maximize profit, and analyzing inventory to ensure product levels are sufficient.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Retail Operations Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Retail Operations Manager resumes for your reference.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained over 120 items on the shelf (retail) with no backstock.
- Trained new hires on financial procedures, merchandising techniques, and customer service.
- Was responsible for hiring, orientation of employees, and task assignments; had 95% satisfaction rating among all employees.
- Overcame rejection of personal requests by retailers to assist in obtaining merchandise; was instrumental in negotiating new agreements for additional services.
- Received job offer from employer due to outstanding performance expectations; provided quality customer service skill sets that were greatly appreciated by customers.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Streamlined operations including inventory check-in, shelving, and store maintenance to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction during an economic downturn.
- Identified and implemented cost-cutting measures such as eliminating overtime pay for support staff while maintaining daily operations.
- Reduced staff by one third while increasing customer satisfaction; improved productivity and profit margins by 30%.
- Developed a working relationship with vendors to provide increased product variety and discounts.
- Achieved employee development award by hiring and training 10+ employees; inspired retail industry professionals to make career change to operations management.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for exceptional leadership ability; improved company’s efficiency by reducing staff turnover and increasing customer purchases.
- Recognized for exceptional communication skills; maintained leadership over 6 employees to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Recognized for problem-solving skills; solved issues while maintaining financial, operational, and service standards.
- Recognized for excellent communication skills; provided strong customer service to the public while striving to meet deadlines through interpersonal relationships.
- Earned recognition among managers in the retail industry for exceeding efficiency standards while increasing retention rates.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Supervised all aspects of retail operations. Maintained a budget for expenses and inventory. Controlled cash flow by preparing receipts and keeping track of daily sales. Managed staff.
- Was recognized as a top performer in customer satisfaction survey from customers who had applied for a loan from the company.
- Became a lead instructor for a class of senior citizens who wanted to stay physically fit.
- Managed all purchasing needs including supplies, equipment, and inventory for retail location or storeroom.
- Maintained an inventory level of over 90% of all items used in the company’s retail operations.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed the distribution of over $800,000.00 in inventory to eliminate excessive product returns, reduced credit card fraud, and reduced theft.
- Reduced the frequency of employee theft by implementing an employee code of conduct system.
- Increased public awareness of new items on sale through promotional discounts and coupons that were posted in space ads throughout the facility.
- Called upon all resources at hand to become more efficient, especially with respect to inventory control efficiency.
- Achieved annual profit of $68,579 for fiscal year 2013; received high praise from President’s review board for becoming more efficient with customer satisfaction metrics.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Successfully completed over 1000 customer transactions in less than 150 days.
- Achieved recognition for exceeding assigned sales quotas for the quarter.
- Received feedback from management regarding on-the-spot improvements in customer service efficiency, merchandise retailing, and cash handling.
- Received recognition for exceeding new business goals by 2%.
- Helped increase performing arts number of students up to 60% during two years of operation; also participated in classroom instruction and student leadership training.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Increased sales revenue by 13% over six months of opening a new retail location.
- Ordered and received inventory to ensure store was well-stocked and remained so according to company standards.
- Organized training sessions for employees regarding corporate policy, ethics, service skills, and customer service programs.
- Supervised and trained staff in times of emergency (sudden demand) and in slow hours (normal demand). Attained average employee productivity levels of more than $14 per hour; recognized for motivating employees through effective communication, counseling, and rewards.
- Increased customer satisfaction through accurate inventory control, excellent service, and friendly staff.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed and implemented a customer loyalty program, where customers received services such as invitations to special events and free samples.
- Managed as well as trained an energetic staff consisting of cashiers, stockers, and price checkers; conducted cash competitions with target customers.
- Monitored the flow of products into the store; maintained a high level of knowledge on inventory and pricing/buyback programs for various products.
- Earned award for “Outstanding Manager” for the month of July; met financial targets for two consecutive months.
- Recognized by customers as having exceptional customer service skills by way of survey results from surveyed customers.
Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Hired, trained, and supervised employees in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Restated corporate importance of customer satisfaction and security; ensured that all guidelines were followed.
- Identified employees who were having difficulty; personally helped solve their problems.
- Presented positive front to the public; maintained a clean appearance and displayed professional attitude while on duty.
- Managed schedule of on-duty employees relating to breaks, rate changes, promotions, product sale promotions, theft control efforts, public relations efforts-including greeting customers-and other factors.
To work as a Retail Operations Manager you will need a high school diploma or equivalent, however some employers may require an associate’s or bachelor’s degree. Retail Operations Managers must demonstrate mathematical skills, leadership skills, customer service skills, communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, problem-solving skill, and organizational skills in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Retail Operations Manager Resume Samples
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Wrap Up