Plumbing is an excellent line of work for individuals who are mechanically inclined. Although it requires a lot of manual labor, the pay can be very competitive. Some states require licensing, but this varies by area so it is best to check with local authorities. A high school diploma or equivalent is required to enter training in most cases and apprenticeships may also be available.
The Best Plumbing Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Plumbing resumes for your reference.
- Development and Implementation of Green Building LEED, maintaining standards, tracking, maintaining, and performing audits to remain compliant with LEED guidelines and regulations.
- Life Safety includes smoke and fire detectors, fire pumps, and all control valves to the sprinkler system, metal detection, and water purity.
- HVAC repair and maintenance, Compressed air systems and maintenance, chilled water systems maintenance.
- Trained junior plumbers to work independently within the company; effectively supervised and developed own employees.
- Hired and trained seventeen people within five months of taking over the position as Supervisor; increased staff by 20%.
- Outbound calls are required by the existing customer base to schedule maintenance appointments.
- Building customers’ interest in the services and products offered by the company with a sense of urgency for the purpose of cross-selling and up-selling.
- Follow up with clerical duties including faxing, filling up paperwork, credit reference checks, and liaising with other departments.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work orders, services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Achieved safety awards for preventing accidents, injuries, and damage to buildings and company property.
- Project located at college park, the University of Texas as Arlington, working on the new dorm and apartment housing.
- Installation of the main domestic water supply line, (copper line up to 6″), includes the soft solder and brazing of pipe and the connections of all valves and branch lines.
- Installation of hot and cold water lines into housing units and all applicable locations, i.e. shower valves, lavatories, commodes, etc.
- Installation of air coil units and the connection of all applicable hot, cold, and condensate lines.
- Qualified for United States Marines Corps Martial Arts Instructor Badge in Belt Rank Blue Belt.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Filled pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observed pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Installed pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Located and marked the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- The adopted mission of “safety, quality, customer satisfaction” after developing a new system for plumbing team cohesiveness.
- Utilized high levels of energy and superior multi-tasking abilities in order to quickly install and repair many different types of pipe systems within residential, commercial, and public buildings.
- Other pipe systems have included, installing and repairing the water, air-conditioning, waste disposal, drainage, and gas systems in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Worked with copper, steel, plastic pipe, and sewerage systems.
- During my employment, I have learned to work from blueprints and drawings that show the planned location of pipes, plumbing fixtures, and appliances.
- Repaired water leaks and replaced faucet handles.
- Ensure full compliance with all safety regulations and equipment maintenance standards.
- Maintain vacuum lines, resolving issues encountered regarding medical gas equipment.
- Repair general plumbing components, such as toilets, urinals, faucets, and drains.
- Managed HVAC issues during a weekend night shift that include: dripping AC units and ductwork, stoppages involving AC units, dirty coils, and overflowing drip pans.
- Decreased residential customer complaints by resolving problems within 24–48 hours.
- Installed rotary knives on flexible cable, mounted on the reel of the machine, according to the diameter of the pipe being cleaned.
- Started machine to feed revolving cable into the opening, stopping the machine and changing knives as necessary to conform to diameter or contour of pipe.
- Withdrawal of cable to deposit accumulated residue removed from pipe in containers for disposal.
- Observed residue for evidence of mud, indicating a broken sewer line.
- Measures distance from sewer opening to suspected break, using plumbers’ snake, tapeline, or by estimating the position of cutting head within a sewer.
- Review blueprints, building codes, and specifications to accurately plan work.
- Complete detailed records of assignments as well as daily work reports.
- Accurately crafting, including measuring, cutting, threading, soldering, and bending materials to correct angles utilizing appropriate tools.
- Conducted extensive research to develop long-term, resourceful solutions for apartment plumbing issues.
- Installed/repaired meters, toilets, and bathroom partitions to code standards set by local building codes.
- Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, and dishwashers.
- Maintained records and accounts of equipment and supplies; prepared appropriate reports.
- Responsible to travel within the five boroughs of New York City as requested by supervisor.
- Built/maintained a professional relationship with property managers by receiving a “10” quality rating in customer satisfaction surveys conducted by the property management company.
- Coordinate, troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to, faucets, lavatories, toilets flush valve sinks, water heaters, drinking fountains, domestic water heaters, and boilers, backflow devices, and valves.
- Repair or replace water lines, domestic recirculation lines, and sewers.
- Respond to emergency plumbing calls such as clogged drains, broken water lines, frozen pipes, gas odors, and possible gas leaks.
- Install new plumbing fixtures including, but not limited to sinks, and commodes, Makes monthly inspections on standpipe and sprinkler systems.
- Completed over 100 jobs in a very short time frame.
- Provided plumbing service for commercial and residential property management companies such as grocery stores, hotels, apartment buildings, restaurants, and shopping centers.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace water heaters, drinking fountains, and all commercial fixtures.
- Repaired and/or installed new underground piping and fittings, top out, and finish work to code.
- Completed over 100 jobs, on-time and well within time-frames, working on site at customers’ homes without fail.
- Done major repair work for customers’ main water lines, washing machine, hot water heater, refrigerator, and breakers in the house.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Worked with numerous materials to complete projects ranging from concrete repair to carpet installation; completed each project with product knowledge and creativity.
- Achieved outstanding quality award for plumbing work; worked hard to maintain positive relationships with customers for continued referrals.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.