Medical Records Assistants provide organizational services to medical facilities needing their files in order. Their duties include auditing patient records, working the filing system, being positive towards patients, processing record requests, providing the right documents to the right medical professional, and complying with all regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Records Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Records Assistant resumes for your reference.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated case records for completeness, accuracy, legibility, and timeliness of filing.
- Assisted doctors, nurses, and medical professionals in collecting patient information; ensured confidentiality and proper documentation of data.
- Practiced promptness to ensure promptness in filing reports; maintained punctuality in 90% of cases to comply with company guidelines.
- Provided reasonableness regarding interpretation of medical terminology; achieved a level of expertise on the job compared to other employees.
- Found solutions for problems that arose by taking initiative regarding efficient work flow between departments.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Scored 78 on a standardized test administered by the State of California.
- Transferred thousands of names and addresses, in perfect alphabetical order, to a local computer bank within one week.
- Transcribed hundreds of pages per day; faultlessly transcribed court documents for the plaintiff, plaintiff’s attorney, and judge.
- Performed rapidly executed administrative tasks such as updating patient records and completing admission paperwork for new admissions.
- Scheduled appointments for patients with optimum scheduling efficiency; ensured that patients were well looked after.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Provided quality customer service and a variety of medical records at the registration desk by greeting patients, answering questions, accepting payments and insurance authorizations, making copies, updating charts with information from patients, and locating missing files.
- Achieved the highest scores of record keeping accuracy during all exams including those for hospital accreditation.
- Used my system of tracking documents to avoid errors in the order of documents for filing; reduced time for filing documents by 50% compared to typical staff performance.
- Received positive responses from experts within the industry regarding Charting Clinic software I created for easy charting and tracking on computers.
- Developed and implemented a continuous-improvement program for the office by identifying sources of errors, creating solutions to eliminate errors, and training staff to follow procedure for better quality.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Performed multiple related functions for a hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Created a database to track and manage hospital references from the perspective of call-back documentation.
- Converted a government document into an electronic format to save time and money.
- Assisted in creating new forms and reducing cost of processing paperwork with the assistance of existing forms.
- Implemented and maintained moving systems for medical records in accordance with records management standards.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Obtained department administrative support by efficiently scheduling time, attending work meetings, and providing backup to employees.
- Assisted in the preparation of employee schedules; contributed toward efficient workplace operations.
- Issued pro-forma checks to employees by settlement date; assisted in organizing, indexing, and filing information.
- Prepared necessary data for reimbursements by verifying eligibility of patients at time of initial claim submission; received praise from hospital administration.
- Stood up for new executive position by completing various administrative tasks within allotted time frames.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Processed medical documentation in a cooperative and professional manner, whereas the estimated time of completion, was always met.
- Researched and ordered medical supplies by following provider’s orders and drug protocols.
- Accurately selected, organized, and filed medical records in an efficient manner.
- Met the needs of patients by being a Compassionate Care Manager through receiving positive comments from both patients and providers.
- Managed the flow of work by training another clerk to handle similar responsibilities with ease; saved the company thousands of dollars per year in overtime expenses.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Maintained medical records, orderlies, and case logs for over 100 patients by ensuring that all necessary information was entered into patient files at each visit and all individuals were listed in the proper capacity on patient records.
- Worked with the PGY3 Interns to create a new record-keeping system, created a list of all medications that should be ordered by patients upon discharge from the facility, and organized medication/supply inventory.
- Completed address labels which indicated personal details such as name, employee ID number, birthdate and signature for over 100 employees.
- Organized employee lockers by individual department and number of staff members assigned to the locker.
- Maintained medical and surgery records for over 200 patients, noting pertinent information into patient files and maintained an employee directory.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Processed insurance claims and billing on a daily basis; provided patient care; accurately recorded, filed, and retrieved medical records.
- Accurately diagnosed and documented patient complaints.
- Responded to telephone calls; faxed, mailed, or delivered messages to assist in customer service.
- Completed daily summary reports accurately from data received from nurses, doctors, insurance companies.
- Obtained necessary information for pending or completed tasks.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Accomplished in arranging and updating medical records according to facility policy.
- Maintained personal organization, attention to detail and efficiency in processing medical records during the shift.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills for daily paperwork completion and production.
- Achieved award for exceptional work performance from his Red Cross Blue Shield employer; completed job requirements on time with great attitude and professionalism.
- Received highest rating from supervisor for superior communication skills and customer service; received highest rating from team members for overall performance.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Processed and coordinated all clerical, administrative, and reception duties for all management employees in the hospital.
- Edited patient files and ordered supplies from stock.
- Kept up with the hospital’s administrative policies and procedures by researching bylaws, reviewing past newsletter, memorizing computer manuals, answering staff questions, setting up new employee appointments.
- Learned to use a personal computer and Word Processor.
- Accomplished medical records related tasks as required of an Administrative Assistant.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Trained and supervised staff in filing, patient/family education, archiving, and electronic medical records projects.
- Accurately completed duties in a timely manner; demonstrated excellent work ethic by completing assigned tasks and adhering to deadlines.
- Learned new computer skills; expertly utilized Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express and Access while double-checking accuracy of all files.
- Validated patient information by diligently researching medical records; successfully completed project on time as required by project manager.
- Handled administrative data entry while processing insurance claim forms, verifying accuracy of information entered into patient records and computer applications.
Medical Records Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Completed 80 hours of continuing education in the medical transcription field.
- Submitted a successful application to the Medical Records Assistant program in under three months, and received a scholarship award.
- Spent fifteen months as a tutor while completing six college level courses and achieving a 4.0 GPA on my transcript; tutored over 20 students close to completion of GED requirements.
- Successfully passed two state certification examinations with high scores and honorable mentions; certified by both California and Florida State Department of Health.
- Maintained a website with selected scanned images from my research in the field of epigenetics, cell biology, stem cells, and cancer for education purposes.
To be a Medical Records Assistant, you must have a high school diploma and previous medical care experience; some positions may require you to have an associate degree in a health field, though. Medical Records Assistants must demonstrate great attention to detail, organization, analytical, interpersonal, technical, communication, and computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.