Maintenance Men work onsite to perform maintenance, repairs, and inspections. Duties include checking equipment for defects or signs of wear, changing lightbulbs and fuses, repairing broken parts in a timely manner, checking safety devices according to specifications, sanding floors when necessary, cleaning facilities as needed, inventorying supplies so they are readily available as needed, and reporting problems to other personnel as quickly as possible. For this position, mechanical abilities are important, as well as safety awareness and the ability to work in a team environment. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this job; vocational training is preferred.
The Best Maintenance Man Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Maintenance Man resumes for your reference.
- Oversaw the implementation of a comprehensive Product Configuration training manual.
- Initiated a detailed engineering analysis for bringing all outsourced painted parts into the house.
- Prepared a detailed engineering analysis for determining the required production capacity to bring a significant new product line into the house.
- Coordinated the effort for dismantling and relocating an entire manufacturing facility.
- Performed maintenance and repair for a large residential building, including installation of security systems, plumbing upgrades, exterior repainting, and interior painting.
- Complete all equipment and systems installations on time and on schedule.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems using general hand tools as well as specialized tools for unique equipment.
- Recommend new equipment and maintenance procedures to facility managers.
- Built and decorated custom shelving units in a self-contained building to accommodate the needs of a small business.
- Completed repairs and maintenance on electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sprinkler systems, and fire alarms in my townhouse complex.
- Carried out maintenance and repair of equipment of church establishment.
- Made adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Replaced wood flooring with carpet in 1500 m² of commercial office space including staircases; installed lighting fixtures; completed minor electrical repairs.
- Maintained over 200 telephone lines with regular maintenance; tracked on-time performance through call center scheduling system.
- Clean outside of the building, offices, bathrooms, hallways, lobbies, elevators, and all work areas, Sweep And mop staircases.
- Empty trash cans, Recycle papers and bottles and break down boxes, Paint stairs and walls, replenish bathrooms supplies, snow removal.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, shampooing rugs, wet and dry mop floors, gum and graffiti removal, wash walls and windows.
- Maintained a safety-conscious workplace by completing routine and preventative maintenance on a corporation fleet of over 250 vehicles.
- Directed staff and trained new staff to efficiently service, repair, and maintain all corporate equipment and facilities.
- Monitored building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created; servicing, cleaning, or supplying restrooms; gathered and emptying the trash.
- Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures; mixed water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications; stripped, sealed, finished, buffed, and polished floors.
- Notified managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems; requisitioned supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Cleaned windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees; cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, or scrubbing.
- Activated, maintained, and improved building security systems through proper installation, repair, and service.
- Cleaning apartments; such as vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and washing windows.
- Repairs to vacant apartments; such as painting, carpentry, and drywall.
- Other minor repairs such as changing light bulbs, door hinges, disinfecting and fixing tiles.
- Trained newly hired maintenance personnel in the procedures for the safe operation of equipment used in the maintenance of air handling systems for corporate office buildings.
- Instructed Operations Manager in the use of new technology regarding communication systems for monitoring fire alarms.
- Maintaining and improving 4 level apartment building, Preparing vacant units for rent.
- Responding to Work orders from tenants and property manager. Repairing plumbing, sealing leaks, replacing piping, installing faucets.
- Installing ceiling fans, self-contained AC units, washing and drying machines, stoves, wall-mounted microwaves, and various other appliances.
- Taught and oversaw the upkeep of four months of time-consuming apartment maintenance in a residential complex.
- Participated in spot checks to identify and repair leaky pipes, faucets, and showers.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Troubleshoot five defective windows at a private home before relocating to their replacement.
- I was to keep the school looking clean and well taken care of for the students, the employees, and parents.
- I kept it looking clean and well maintained by cutting the school grass with a weedeater and tractor.
- I would trim the school trees, repaint the classrooms, clean the school pool and also clean empty classrooms.
- Unclog school septic tank, fix school plumbing also wash school buses and wax the buses, clean interior of buses.
- Completed construction projects to include the installation of new laminate flooring and paneling, electrical fixtures, new cabinets, kitchen appliances, plumbing fixtures, landscaping improvements, and miscellaneous other work.
- Maintain interior and exterior of properties while keeping a weekly set schedule.
- Working mostly alone to keep all common and Private areas of premises Safe, clean, Polished, and Disinfected.
- Operating most janitorial cleaning equipment.
- To include Vacuums, Buffers, Floor Stripping Machines, Pressure Washing Machines, making all small repairs on the spot, Reporting larger property concerns to the office to get approval from the client.
- Scheduled regular oil changes for two vehicles according to manufacturer’s instructions, including lubrication and maintenance on belts when necessary.
- I have experience working in University chemistry and biology labs.
- Familiar with lab equipment and procedures at an undergrad level.
- I have worked as a truck driver for moving companies and other nonprofit agencies in and around.
- I have worked in kitchens as a cook, in restaurants as a busboy, and dishwasher.
- Inspected and repaired multimillion-dollar industrial and commercial equipment; delivered quality workmanship in areas of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and air conditioning systems.
- Regular inspection of all electrical, mechanical, and other equipment of a facility.
- Detecting any defects and malfunctions, immediately repairing, and refurbishing at the same.
- Coordinating with the production and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipment.
- Researched, designed, and authored maintenance manuals for imaging devices used by fire departments and other emergency responders.
- Identified maintenance problems and/or preventive measures for refrigeration equipment used in a large distribution center.
How to Become a Successful Maintenance Man?
A GED (general education diploma) or a high school diploma. You need to have maintenance repair experience and good problem-solving skills. A maintenance man doesn’t need to have experience and most actually don’t know much about repairing until they get started.
If you would like to be more prepared as a maintenance man you can take courses at a trade school or a community college about repair, plumbing, electrical repairing, and other related classes.
If you would like to become a specializing maintenance man you can choose from becoming an electrician, a plumber, a carpenter, and other professional repair careers. You need to have the ability to lift heavy equipment and have an understanding of what each tool is for.
As a successful maintenance man, you can start out your career by working for an employer, and after a while of gaining experience you can also start out your own repair business. You have this opportunity because of the available repair specialties you can focus on. You also have the opportunity as a freelance maintenance man to set your own work schedule and decide when you want to work.
A maintenance man repairs things like air conditioners and other things that need to be fixed on a building or item. The difference between a maintenance man and a maintenance worker is that a maintenance man can have a specialty like plumbing or electricity. This means that they can even have their own business instead of working for someone that focuses on one building depending on what they prefer.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.