A maintenance man repairs thing like air conditioners and other things that need to be fixed on a building or item. The difference between a maintenance man and a maintenance worker is that a maintenance man can have a specialty like plumbing or electricity. This means that they can even have their own business instead of working for someone that focuses on one building depending on what they prefer.
How to Become a Successful Maintenance Man?
A GED (general education diploma) or a high school diploma. You need to have maintenance repair experience and good problem solving skills. A maintenance man doesn’t need to have experience and most actually don’t know much about repairing until they get started.
If you would like to be more prepared as a maintenance man you can take courses at a trade school or a community college about repair, plumbing, electrical repairing and other related classes.
If you would like to become a specializing maintenance man you can choose from becoming an electrician, a plumber, a carpenter and other professional repair careers. You need to have the ability to lift heavy equipment and have an understanding of what each tool is for.
As a successful maintenance man you can start out your career by working for an employer and after a while of gaining experience you can also start out your own repair business. You have this opportunity because of the available repair specialties you can focus on. You also have the opportunity as a freelance maintenance man to set your own work schedule and decide when you want to work.
The Best Maintenance Man Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Maintenance Man resumes for your reference.
- Oversaw the implementation of a comprehensive Product Configuration training manual.
- Initiated a detailed engineering analysis for bringing all outsourced painted parts in house.
- Prepared a detailed engineering analysis for determining the required production capability to bring a significant new product line in house.
- Coordinated the effort for dismantling and relocating an entire manufacturing facility.
- Complete all equipment and systems installations on time and on schedule.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems using general hand tolls as well as specialized tools for unique equipment.
- Recommend new equipment and maintenance procedures to facility managers.
- Carried out maintenance and repair of equipment of church establishment.
- Made adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Clean outside of the building, offices, bathrooms, hallways, lobbies, elevators, and all work areas, Sweep And mop staircases.
- Empty trash cans, Recycling papers and bottles and break down boxes, Paint stairs and walls, replenish bathrooms supplies, snow removal.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, shampooing rugs, wet and dry mop floors, gum and graffiti removal, wash walls and windows.
- Monitored building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created; serviced, cleaned, or supplied restrooms; gathered and emptied trash.
- Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures; mixed water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications; stripped, sealed, finished, buffed, and polish floors.
- Notified managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems; requisitioned supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Cleaned windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees; cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping or scrubbing.
- Cleaning apartments; such as vacuuming, dusting, moping and washed windows.
- Repairs to vacant apartments; such as painting, carpentry and dry wall.
- Other minor repairs such as changing light bulbs, door hinges, disinfecting, and fixing tiles.
- Maintaining and improving 4 level apartment building, Preparing vacant units for rent.
- Responding to Work orders from tenants and property manager. Repairing plumbing, sealing leaks, replacing piping, installing faucets.
- Installing ceiling fans, self contained AC units, washing and drying machines, stoves, wall mounted microwaves, and various other appliances.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- I was to keep the school looking clean and well taken care of for the students, the employees, and parents.
- I kept it looking clean and well maintained by cuting the school grass with a weedeater and tractor.
- I would trim the school trees, repaint the classrooms, clean the school pool and also clean empty class rooms.
- Unclog school septic tank, fix school plumbing also wash school buses and wax the buses, clean interior of buses.
- Maintain Interior and exterior of properties while keeping a weekly a set schedule.
- Working mostly alone to keep all common and Private areas of premises Safe, clean, Polished and Disinfected.
- Operating most janitorial cleaning equipment.
- To include Vacuums, Buffers, Floor Stripping Machines, Pressure Washing Machines, making all small repairs on the spot, Reporting larger property concerns to office to get approval from client.
- I have experience working in University chemistry and biology labs.
- Familiar with lab equipment and procedures at a undergrad level.
- I have worked as a truck driver for moving companies and other nonprofit agencies in and around.
- I have worked in kitchens as a cook, in restaurants as a busboy and dishwasher.
- Regular inspection of all electrical, mechanical and other equipment of a facility.
- Detecting any defects and malfunctions, immediately repairing, and refurbishing at the same.
- Coordinating with the production and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipments.