A Grocery Store Clerk in the clerical field is responsible for making sure the store’s clerical tasks are completed. Duties include scheduling employees to be sure store is fully staffed, handling daily cash reconciliations, helping customers who have returns, processing employee time cards, processing payroll, ordering stock from vendors, taking cash to the bank, and checking invoices for accuracy.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Grocery Store Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Grocery Store Clerk resumes for your reference.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Provided customer service by greeting customers, assisting with selection of merchandise, and answering customer questions.
- Maintained store appearance by keeping aisles neat and free from clutter.
- Delivered quality customer service by following policies and procedures, adhering to all safety regulations, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and resolving concerns with coworkers.
- Assisted customers by retrieving items from shelves and locating specific items using the store’s computer system.
- Maintained accuracy of inventory by recording product movement, verifying amounts against receipt records, scanning products, and restocking merchandise.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Provided assistance to customers by answering questions about products, locating items, and providing recommendations.
- Restocked shelves and organized merchandise by unloading deliveries and organizing products according to departmental guidelines.
- Maintained organization of the department by completing tasks such as cleaning floors and maintaining inventory records.
- Handled money and made change for customers by requesting payment from customers, counting cash in drawer, calculating change due to customer, and accepting credit card payments through an electronic device.
- Cleaned work area by sweeping floors and cleaning shelves after customers left the store.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Provided sales assistance to customers by locating requested items, processing sales transactions, and stocking merchandise.
- Maintained cleanliness of work area by cleaning up spills and debris.
- Provided customer service by answering questions and resolving complaints. Responded to product recalls and took necessary actions to remove recalled items from store shelves.
- Assisted customers in finding products using the computerized cash register system by entering item codes, processing sales transactions, and dispensing change.
- Increased sales volume of targeted products by recommending related purchases to customers upon completion of a transaction.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Provided customers with prompt service at checkout by taking payment, providing change, bagging merchandise, and completing sales transaction via cash register.
- Increased sales of the store by recommending products to customers based on their shopping preferences.
- Reduced shrinkage of merchandise by monitoring stock levels to ensure that items are restocked on shelves.
- Increased customer satisfaction by greeting customers upon arrival and providing them with exceptional service throughout their shopping experience.
- Reduced employee turnover by establishing strong working relationships with co-workers.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Maintained a clean and safe environment by restocking shelves, cleaning restrooms, and disposing of trash.
- Provided prompt and friendly customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, taking orders, and processing payments.
- Processed in-store coupons by determining if the coupon was valid for the item(s) being purchased. If a coupon was invalid for a purchase, directed the customer to another register to complete their transaction at a different price.
- Processed returns by determining if the item(s) being returned had been purchased at the correct register. If the item(s) had been purchased at the incorrect register, transferred the item(s) to another register for processing.
- Recovered lost or stolen merchandise by searching store aisles and parking lots in search of missing items.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Provided customers with accurate information by answering their questions and directing them to other employees for additional help.
- Answered the phone by greeting customers, asking them to state their business, and verifying that they had an account with the store. If necessary, transferred calls to appropriate department.
- Organized customer purchases into bags, using a computerized inventory system and electronic scanner to track items and speed up checkout process.
- Assisted customers with finding items in the store by providing directions and making suggestions about where specific items could be found.
- Processed customer transactions quickly and accurately while maintaining a pleasant demeanor under pressure from impatient or frustrated customers.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Maintained daily operations by monitoring stock levels, restocking shelves, and printing receipts for customers.
- Answered questions from customers regarding products by referring to item information on packaging or using product knowledge.
- Resolved customer issues by informing management of urgent problems, following up with employees to ensure resolution, and communicating customer feedback.
- Provided direction to employees within the department by delegating tasks related to daily operations.
- Suggested improvements to the company by communicating customer feedback or product concerns to management.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Processed customer transactions quickly by requesting and accepting payment, recording sales, totaling purchase amounts, and adding sales tax.
- Maintained a clean and organized work area by cleaning registers after each shift. Ranging from vacuuming the store to organizing the store displays.
- Worked in a team environment with other employees by assisting customers while co-workers restocked shelves or prepared food items for sale.
- Assisted management in controlling inventory levels by removing outdated items from shelves and counting back stock inventory at end of shifts.
- Provided exceptional customer service to every customer that approached the cash register or customer service desk.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Provided excellent customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, and completing transactions at the cash register.
- Maintained store appearance by cleaning the store daily, stocking shelves, rotating stock, and maintaining a neat and organized work area.
- Resolved customer concerns by listening to customers’ concerns and addressing their needs.
- Assisted employees with tasks that were outside of normal job responsibilities by helping to stock shelves and perform other duties as needed.
- Worked in a safe manner by utilizing safe work practices, following all applicable safety policies and procedures, and ensuring the safety of customers and employees.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Provided excellent customer service by providing assistance to customers in locating items on store shelves, answering questions about products, and processing customer purchases.
- Maintained organization of the floor by organizing merchandise displays according to store layout plan.
- Ensured that all scheduled work activities were completed by working with colleagues to complete tasks within time constraints.
- Resolved customer complaints by taking the necessary steps to correct the problem at hand. Contacted management with issue(s) when resolution was not achieved.
- Treated co-workers in a respectful manner by communicating effectively, participating in meetings, and resolving issues through compromise.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Educated in-store customers about products in a quick and efficient manner, increasing in-store product sales.
- Met weekly with store management to discuss ways to reduce costs and increase efficiency in the stores’ departments, decreasing operating expenses. These methods led to a noticeable overall average annual decrease of operating expenses in all stores that incorporated these changes within one year after implementation.
- Completed additional task requests from local vendors via phone or email, creating a stronger relationship between vendor and company when requests were completed flawlessly after trying out requested solutions.
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with existing clients and generated new clients for my company. Managed two particular clients in-person, demonstrating to them that my company offered exceptional customer service above and beyond most competitors they’ve had in the past.
- Met weekly with a regional manager to assess coordination between stores and telecommunications departments, notifying him of inaccuracies from management at individual locations within my region. These meetings provided an educational experience to both the regional manager and myself, allowing us both to strengthen our knowledge of overall company operations.
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Provided assistance to patrons by assisting customers passing through the store with their shopping carts. Processed customer transactions for products purchased at checkout ensuring items scanned matched purchases.
- Certified produce by recording quantities on product tags according to policy standards of the store.
- Supervised employees as Lead Clerk. Managed workflow and resources by instructing employees on responsibilities and providing feedback with respect to performance evaluations for the purpose of collegiality and growth amongst team members. Discerned staffing needs or changes based on surveys of customers at checkout line, ascertaining merchandise competence.
- Participated in team meetings with and attended and gave input to company leaders concerning current practices and policies for the purpose of developing resolutions to issues impacting customer/public relations, staff retention, etc.
- Developed standards for instruction including lesson plans to teach fellow clerks course-specific contents; instructed accordingly while qualifying students for promotions to Supervisor (Lead Clerk) status after thorough evaluation.
Usually employers don’t have a strict educational requirement for this job, but a high school diploma is preferred. Skills needed are excellent relationship skills, communication skills, courtesy, patience, excellent math and computer skills, organizational skills, cheerful personality, and a high energy level.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.