Hotel Housekeeping Supervisors train and manage all housekeepers employed by a hotel. Their duties include inspecting rooms and other areas, opening and closing the Housekeeping Department, training and supervising employees, responding to guest concerns, keeping carts stocked, and monitoring payroll, schedules, and inventory.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised and developed housekeeping staff.
- Designed and implemented a program for handling uniform laundry and uniforms maintenance.
- Managed hotel’s housekeeping services and personnel, including assigning tasks, organizing facilities, preparing reports.
- Selected employees for promotion according to criteria established by hotel management; hired, trained, and promoted employees according to their skills.
- Maintained effective customer relations with customers and coworkers while adhering to procedures that controlled the pace of work; was a role model for others by demonstrating a commitment to quality customer service.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Accomplished in housekeeping manager by supervising department operations that included; hiring, training, and scheduling of staff; effectively ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Received recognition for motivating employees to excel by setting an example with attention to detail.
- Accomplished top performer through consistent attendance, recognition as “Employee of the Month” within Hotel Operations, and never missing a day due to illness.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in leading the housekeeping department during a three-month renovation period; payroll expenses were reduced by $300 per week during the project.
- Received outstanding quality award; positively influenced team members as well as customers with high standards of workmanship.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Gained recognition as a top-performing employee; consistently met room turnover goals while maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction and customer service.
- Recognized by management for exceptional job performance; selected to train new housekeeping employees.
- Earned outstanding quality award; effectively inspected rooms on a daily basis, ensuring that all areas were cleaned to the highest standards, according to hotel guidelines.
- Promoted to supervisor based on exceptional job performance; managed and supervised staff who effectively maintained rooms to ensure the highest level of customer service and productivity.
- Received outstanding quality award; developed staff members to effectively maintain rooms, according to hotel guidelines.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Directed housekeeping from the main office to the rooms.
- Maintained a clean and tidy hotel for guests, as well as for management.
- Assisted in maintaining a safe and orderly environment for guests as well as for management.
- Recognized for performance during the month of November; received superior quality award from supervisor in November.
- Initiated and supervised daily operations including front desk, suite front desk, room service, bar service, main dining room, housekeeping service (new hires), banquet hall.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Resolved issues related to the cleanliness of hotel rooms in a timely manner; recognized by upper management for outstanding performance.
- Assessed snow and ice conditions in order to check out the status of individual hot food service items and rooms; was commended by the Finance Manager for exceptional communication skills.
- Served as an assistant to the Food & Beverage Manager; documented all aspects of room operations, from cost projections to opening hours and closing procedures.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated with Housekeeping Director and Leisure Division Manager to implement an enhanced housekeeping system, which produced increases in revenue and guest satisfaction; implemented a program to increase housekeeping productivity.
- Spreadsheet-based reporting system reduced costs by $40,000 per year by eliminating the need to pay outside services for data compilation.
- Saved over $60,000 in annual costs by moving housekeeping personnel from a third-party vendor’s payroll to company payroll.
- Reduced payroll costs by $20,000 per year by reducing the staff of two temporary employees and using part-time workers.
- Reorganized the Housekeeping Department, which streamlined process flow and reduced costs by $80,000 per year.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Developed and implemented a standardized housecleaning plan.
- Effectively challenged the housekeeping scores and performed an occasional audit of statistics to ensure that standards are met.
- Maintained a 99% average on the audit taking.
- Achieved outstanding guest service award, was an assistant supervisor at the division level; demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to help solve issues and understand guests’ needs
- Received outstanding quality award for exceeding housekeeping standards; streamlined schedule by matching employees’ skill sets with the jobs that needed to be done, thus allowing all associates to prepare for each day’s assignments ensuring a smooth and efficient daily process.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Managed the complete flooring and bedding of the hotel by efficiently supervising and directing housekeeping staff.
- Directed Master list preparation, linen, and linen rental order arrangement, maintenance of room cleaning inventory levels, as well as staffing to ensure an efficient and productive department.
- Generated a plan for maintaining equipment in working order by issuing/revising procedures for staff to follow upon completion of inspections.
- Recognized as a successful mentor; trained new hires to be ready for their first day on the job.
- Reduced Master list preparation time by gathering, formatting, and completing departmental information on the first day of work.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Received award of appreciation for providing excellent quality service to hotel’s guests, while on a shift schedule.
- Presented a new housekeeping procedures session to staff members; recognized by the Regional Manager as an outstanding trainer.
- Received recognition for working with team members on a project that exceeded quality goals.
- Achieved work-life balance award for the ability to complete assigned tasks during personal time; recognized by the Regional Manager as an exemplary team player.
- Received award for having the best attendance record in 2008 and 2009.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Increased overall hotel staffing by 200%; hired, trained, and supervised staff while maintaining a cleanliness standard of 100% during quarterly inspections.
- Volunteered for special projects; spearheaded the implementation of new operational procedures that resulted in greater efficiency and profitability at the hotel.
- Oversaw implementation of new computerized housekeeping system; identified areas for cost-savings and efficiencies on a daily basis to increase operating revenues.
- Received award for exceptional community service; coordinated pantry food drive that collected over $50,000 in food and supplies for local homeless shelters.
- Handled union negotiations; completed arbitration process and successfully negotiated a new contract with the union leadership.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Managed a staff of 10 housekeepers, keeping the lobby, restaurant, and meeting spaces clean.
- Supervised employees to ensure the hotel complied with regulatory agencies and those in the hospitality industry.
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure a positive customer service experience for all guests.
- Received a letter of commendation from an executive at a Fortune 500 company for returning more than $6,500 in cash and credit cards that had been left behind during a conference.
- Met productivity standards while reducing costs; discovered an unauthorized employee using hotel facilities, and helped to recover more than $50,000 in unpaid fees.
Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Developed and maintained high standards for housekeeping and training of housekeepers.
- Selected for an achievement award for exceptional performance in maintaining a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Awarded outstanding quality awards; effectively trained, supervised, and developed employees to assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all departments in the hotel.
- Committed to workplace safety standards by eliminating hazards that are found during cleaning, such as leaving ladders behind and providing adequate cleaning supplies such as window squeegees.
- Results-oriented ability to manage area by housekeeping standards with 15 people including five supervisors involved in day-to-day operations of the hotel.
To be a Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor, you need at least one year of housekeeping experience and one year of supervisory experience. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with team and guests, leadership skills, manual dexterity, ability to follow and enforce hotel standards, and ability to clean rooms.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Samples
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up