Crime Scene Investigators gather and analyze evidence found at crime scenes. Their duties include collecting evidence at the crime scene, ensuring security of the crime scene, analyzing the collected evidence in forensic laboratories, photographing the crime scene, testifying in court about their findings, completing written reports, and conducting interviews.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best CSI Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real CSI resumes for your reference.
CSI Resume Sample 1
- Conducted a two year research project in conjunction with the OSI to create a standardized development methodology for all OSI certified software engineers.
- Presented Pencil Code standards to the OSI for possible endorsement.
- Penetrated the CMM level 5 process with a team of IT professionals across 3 different organizations through concentration on standardization and adoption of best practices.
- Identified the need to standardize Quality Assurance methods among business analysts, developers, DBAs, network engineers, and security professionals.
- Devised a successful strategy to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and identify repeat performers within organizational groups by utilizing Quality Management metrics.
CSI Resume Sample 2
- Identified, collected, analyzed, and documented evidence in the investigation of computer crimes within department.
- Ruled out suspects that did not have enough physical or circumstantial evidence to warrant further exploration.
- Completed reports documenting each step taken during investigation process for use by Department Leadership.
- Volunteered to help other divisions within the department by mentoring new recruits in computer forensics techniques.
- Conducted training sessions for police personnel on how to properly collect evidence from computers and components.
CSI Resume Sample 3
- Factorized assigned program into subprograms; reduced 50,000 lines of code to 10,000 lines of code.
- Resolved all test cases for assigned program; solved three ambiguous inputs with minimal changes to original source code.
- Streamlined document management system for entire department by 47% (from 20 seconds to 11 seconds) during peak load times.
- Bottlenecked program on workstations by 60%; brought average response time down from 3,000 milliseconds to below 100 milliseconds.
- Implemented new graphics protocol; significantly improved first-time response rates on 75% of users, decreasing first-time response time from 3 minutes to 3 seconds.
CSI Resume Sample 4
- Serve as a core member of the development team and work closely with other engineers and analysts to provide the business with accurate and relevant information.
- Contribute to design, coding, testing, and documentation for production services that enhance functionality for users.
- Design methodologies that reduced number of steps required by users and also automated redundant tasks.
- Participate in design reviews and code inspections to verify that the software meets the requirements and is consistent with the coding standards and practices.
- Identify and resolve defects, provide feedback on process improvements, and contribute suggestions for enhancements during sprint reviews.
CSI Resume Sample 5
- Identified, analyzed, and resolved production issues at a workplace that managed 99.99% uptime.
- Gathered complicated technical evidence from the blueprints of software to recreate glitches and crashes for QA developers; noted as an expert in debugging and crash analysis by lead developer.
- Scrutinized and corrected defects in code; often caught errors that others had missed, saving the team an estimated $200,000 per year.
- Developed an innovative method for tracking down elusive software defects; used this process to help developers fix more than 10,000 defects in two years.
- Gained respect from peers as a methodical and detail-oriented professional; noted for identifying defects in production code rather than relying on automated testing.
CSI Resume Sample 6
- Led a team of developers in creating a new software product used by major banks and insurance companies.
- completed the development of a complex software system within budget and on schedule.
- Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented programming, SQL, and distributed systems.
- Wrote and presented papers on various aspects of software development at several major conferences.
- Received a number of awards for excellence in software development.
CSI Resume Sample 7
- Created and taught new courses for programming and software development that included Visual Basic, C++, and Microsoft SQL.
- Authored a book about best practices in programming; recognized by the university president for excellence.
- Received an award of distinction based on customer satisfaction surveys highly ranked highly ranked compared with the average scores of all employees.
- Employed effective organizational skills during his time as project leader for a team of five individuals assigned to program an online reporting system for management needs.
- Identified security flaws in internal computer systems after assessing multiple proposed solutions; saved company $300,000 and restored previous network functionality within 3 days.
CSI Resume Sample 8
- Positions held in computer software development include Technical Writer, Programmer/Analyst, Software Test Engineer, Database Administrator, and Systems Analyst.
- Developed internal control manual for document control department of international software company using Microsoft Word 97.
- Competitive salary and benefits increase yearly based on superior work performance; recognized by peers as team player with excellent analytical skill.
- Award-winning employee of the month one year for exceptional quality of work output; twice awarded for best peer evaluations.
- Turned 3D CAD design data into 2D drawings to produce actual physical pieces that could be stored or shipped around world.
CSI Resume Sample 9
- Resolved a number of challenging problems with a team-oriented approach, including tracking down bugs and determining which customer was experiencing an issue after having been transferred from one analyst to another five times.
- I’d like to think that the six features I’ve designed would be considered “awesome” by most people.
- I could be the only person out of 30 professionals who understands how “one” of our key modules works.
- Our team made it to Q3, something that hadn’t been done before. We did this by working together to fix bugs in the previous release and prioritize tasks for future sprints.
- I’ve written a few articles on topics that are helpful when interviewing for software development jobs.
CSI Resume Sample 10
- Utilize evidence collection, documentation, and analysis techniques to provide the best possible outcome for cases.
- Developed an advanced data storage method for large quantities of scanned images; recognized by senior management for inventive uses of departmental software.
- Maintain cases with upmost confidentiality during critical interviews with witnesses and suspects; received commendation from district attorney for exemplary work on sensitive case.
- Assist in training new personnel on the proper techniques for evidence collection, documentation, and analysis.
- Assist in secure data collection within a government environment during a special investigation.
CSI Resume Sample 11
- Managed a multi-disciplinary team of seven people in building three million dollar billing system for a Fortune 500 company.
- Selected as senior member of programming division due to ability to manage more than 40 programs simultaneously with no incident.
- Completed six months training course to receive hardware devices certification including HP servers, Dell workstations, and Nexus SAN systems after demonstrating high levels of proficiency during job interview.
- Exceeded expectations through utilization of problem solving skills by frequently outperforming other programmers on projects.
- Optimized performance level by recommending new features to existing software which increased efficiency by 25%.
In order to work as a crime scene investigator, you typically need a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field and experience working in law enforcement. Crime Scene Investigators must be organized, cooperative, patient, attentive to detail, logical, objective, and capable of working under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.