Major Gift Officers provide clerical and relational support to NGO’s and donors. Their duties include initiating and growing relationships with communities, working with team members to identify gift candidates, handling a portfolio of gift prospects and donors, writing and delivering proposals, performing face-to-face communication and follow-ups with donors, working towards a collective vision, and overseeing and reporting project progression.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Major Gift Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Major Gift Officer resumes for your reference.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 1
- Recognized in company newsletter for outstanding performance in increasing donor base.
- Established relationships with donors to fund department’s projects, which directly benefited customers.
- Trained staff in proper procedures regarding building access requirements for patrons, guests, and employees after developing new security system guidelines.
- Managed one-on-one contact with potential donors over the phone to obtain gifts totaling over $100,000 per year.
- Set records by delivering fundraising goals within budget during my tenure as Major Gifts Officer.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 2
- Developed and implemented a donor acquisition plan to establish an endowment fund for the nonprofit organization.
- Connected with 110 new donors generating $74,950 in revenue; recognized by community leaders as integral part of fundraising efforts.
- Positivley engaged and motivated team members utilizing exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; recognized by senior staff as a key player.
- Recognized as a dedicated, hard-working individual within the peer group; provided leadership and guidance to those who were less experienced than yourself.
- Recognized as one of two key personnel for overall success of Annual Fund Campaign; raised $19,000 over goal to surpass all other campaigns in 10+ year history of organization.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 3
- Ensured that all donations were in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Oversaw the filing of all reports, forms, schedules, etc., both paper and electronic.
- Maintained an accurate calendar for planned donor visits by researching possible venues for meetings, contacting suggested contacts, arranging travel plans per established guidelines.
- Prepared meeting requests letter to acknowledge donors in appreciation for their contributions.
- Successfully placed over $300 million dollars in contribution revenue through personal contact strategies which increased donation totals by sixty thousand dollars annually.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 4
- Fund-raised $100,000 for a new Education Center.
- Developed a comprehensive cultivation and solicitation plan, personally calling over 100 alumni donors.
- Secured a $50,000 private grant from an alumnus to fund the renovation of Public Safety’s aging fleet of patrol vehicles.
- Designed and implemented a successful leadership donor program resulting in over 20% increase in major gift revenue annually.
- Created effective communication tools to improve department productivity and ensure successful relationships with prospective donors.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 5
- Increased donors from 18 to 50 in a year by calling on past and present supporters of the organization.
- Gave successful presentations to potential major donors resulting in $20,000+ in donations.
- Coordinated yearly fund-raisers at school, including food drives, donation solicitations, attendance contests, and parent volunteer efforts.
- Developed relationships with high net worth donors that were catalysts for endowment funds generation.
- Presented compelling cases to secure significant gifts from foundations and corporations.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 6
- Identified major gift prospects and prepared them for solicitation and cultivation.
- Directed and conducted donor-awareness programs, events, and presentations.
- Increased revenue from $11 million to $18 million in first year due to cross-selling of additional services including trusts, estate planning, and financial management.
- Developed relationships with community leaders resulting in increased support of hospital campaigns.
- Provided excellent customer service throughout the . Resolved problems that arose during the annual fund campaign.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 7
- Responded to three hundred plus email inquiries within 24 hours.
- Prioritized fundraising events for both small and large donor prospects.
- Assisted development team in researching foundation, corporation, government agency, and individual prospects.
- Personally solicited an additional $5 million in donations by creating a new prospect list of over 200 donors.
- Successfully secured state operating funds totaling $1 million after working closely with the governor’s office for four months.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 8
- Achieved both individual and team performance goals at or above maximums.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to discuss fundraising activities, prioritize, and implement actions.
- Implemented customized sales techniques in my territory; increased focus on major givers resulting in an increase of major donor income by 40% over the past three years.
- Introduced new member recognition incentives; combined with marketing efforts WAA is now welcoming 100 prospective members per month, a 100 person increase over the previous year’s average (10%).
- Devised strategies for Office Assistant to create personalized thank you letters for donors targeted to their areas of interest; developed follow-up system assuring all contacts are responded to within 5 days.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 9
- Recruited over $300,000 in contributions within seven months of employment.
- Raised funds for an annual scholarship program by soliciting individual donors.
- Detected needs of the development office and identified potential donors by researching alumni records; demonstrated initiative to perform tasks not directly related to job responsibilities.
- Planned and organized a successful donor recognition event using contacts built during previous fundraising efforts.
- Developed first proposal solicitation package for a major gift campaign after thoroughly reviewing organization’s mission statement.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 10
- Reached first-year goal of $25,000 in new gifts by developing office rapport with prospects.
- Gathered significant support for university capital campaign totaling over $3 million, presented to Board of Regents at the University’s estate gift dinner.
- Initiated national publicity plan targeting alumni magazine editors; secured story on donor recognition for winter issue contributing to increased donor awareness and response rate.
- Provided major gift fundraising data analysis to determine how prospective donors were acquired at the University.
- Received performance awards for Fund Development activities including one award recognizing creativity in fund development planning and two awards acknowledging exceptional leadership efforts resulting in successful advancement campaigns.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 11
- Gathered and confirmed accurate donor information for individual fund recognition by the University Foundation.
- Managed the phone campaigns to donors, including an average of one hour per day of calling time each day until all calls are completed.
- Efficiently executed mailings to donors including letters, brochures, newsletters, acknowledgment cards, premiums, invitations to events, package preparation and distribution. Averages 28 mailings annually.
- Segmented donor list into marketable groups through telephone conversations with donors.
- Personally closed 16 major gifts totaling over $490k during fiscal year 2012-2013.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 12
- Established relationships with dozens of key donors who have donated tens of millions to United Way.
- Identified new prospects and cultivated them as donor members by phone, e-mail, and personal visits.
- Secured an initial $250,000 donation from a prized prospect; earned commendation from CEO for outstanding performance.
- Outlined development plan for officer transition; contributed to smooth administrative transition and implementation of new strategy directives.
- Delivered exceptional office administration services during employment including but not limited to data entry and retrieval, correspondence processing and distribution, filing system development and maintenance.
Major Gift Officer Resume Sample 13
- Provided support for Major Donor Society Membership Award program as well as recognition ceremonies to honor donors for outstanding giving.
- Managed mailing distribution; created mailing labels, organized donation records, and mailed correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Promoted annual fund by organizing special events including donor receptions, auctions, trivia games, game nights.
- Advised Leadership Council on the advantages of participation in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) throughout awareness campaigns conducted by United Way organizations.
- Introduced new database software to increase efficiencies in donor record keeping; enhanced communication with donors through utilization of professional letters designed by graphic artist.
To be a Major Gift Officer, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, English, journalism, or a related field and may need several years of experience in fundraising. You must be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite applications, be able to work flexible hours, conduct personal email communication, be independent, initiative, be strong in organization, friendliness, teamwork, and verbal and written communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.