A flight instructor is responsible for teaching future pilots or private citizens how to fly. They create teaching plans, conduct ground school classes, explain flight-based principles of physics and math, run simulators, oversee supervised flying time, and they are often also pilots themselves.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Flight Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Flight Instructor resumes for your reference.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Taught passengers on new aircraft; instructed pilots in aircraft operation; qualified for an endorsement in the certificate of aeronautical knowledge.
- Administered Aviation department at high school while limiting contact with students to the minimum required.
- Enrolled new students into aviation classes while ensuring student safety.
- Achieved outstanding rating on annual review by College of Aviation Safety professionals which included meeting expectations of guidance counselors, students, parents, community leaders, and government officials.
- Received outstanding rating for customer satisfaction.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Successfully trained students in basic flight maneuvers with no reported safety incidents.
- Developed Flight Safety Program for students; recognized for safety awareness in the event of an emergency landing.
- Trained students per FAA curriculum; awarded Outstanding Flight Instructor by Regional Director of Education.
- Recognized for professional conduct when dealing with students and Air Traffic Control personnel during flight testing.
- Earned praise from Chief Pilot, who said that I was instrumental in setting up the nation’s second-largest part 141 flight school by sourcing property, negotiating leases, and coordinating funding with partners within six months.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Reviewed and updated lesson plans to meet FAA standards.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills with students, co-workers, supervisors, etc.
- Effectively handle crises. Negotiated “messy” situations with clients in a professional manner.
- Achieved award for leadership in classroom-based on student surveys.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively planned expenditures of funds approved by the Board of Education to purchase equipment for the school’s facilities program.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for satisfactory performance; tutored and taught basic flying skills to new students and comprised the flying team.
- Instructed students using a step-by-step system of instruction; involved in incorporating prior flight knowledge while additionally encouraging student independence.
- Earned recognition by leading to improved instructor evaluations; collaborated with instructors across the region while marking up successful flight participation while simultaneously preventing student accidents.
- Successfully brought all students to completion of training course while educating them on flight safety precautions.
- Received outstanding performance award for contributing to an enjoyable, safe, and profitable flight program to dozens upon dozens of participants that are present at the flight school every day.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated proficiency in instruction throughout the entire course, correcting students’ efforts in an efficient, effective manner.
- Recommended pilots to my employer for aviation hire or training.
- Graduated from an accredited school with a minimum of 62 credit hours of experience in aircraft maintenance.
- Motivated students towards success with my excellent customer service skills.
- Gave out good advice to my instructor’s students.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Instructed fundamentals of flight in multiple airplanes including single and multiengine, instrument and non-instrument, and aerobatic.
- Achieved excellence in teaching techniques and demonstrated exceptional knowledge of flight concepts by instructing classes in both primary and advanced subjects.
- Awarded Excellence in Teaching award for achievement of excellence within flight time guidelines.
- Achieved flight instructor rating; instructed student pilots in all phases of flight to include the following instruction: fundamentals, line maintenance, performance maneuvers, complex maneuvers, special procedures, critical procedures, emergency procedures, and navigation.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to pilot training programs.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Recognized for total student pilot hours flown; effectively taught aerobatics, formation, and acro skills to students of varying skill levels.
- Gained certification as a Flight Instructor; successfully instructed classes of small and large aircraft.
- Achieved award as a Quality Improvement Specialist; consistently achieved excellent ratings in all areas including student pilot ground instruction and aircraft maintenance, and initially selected as one of the top instructors by the regional manager.
- Recognized for achieving outstanding job performance ratings; effectively instructed students in all phases of aviation including pre-flight procedures, acrobatics, and formation flying.
- Awarded Outstanding Status Pilot Trainer; certified to teach professional pilots commercial skills.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Promoted to special projects coordinator at the end of my first year.
- Received an award for the Second Quarter for achieving one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in my region.
- Transitioned to instructor pilot after three years on the fleet; received an award for teaching new pilots how to fly.
- Instructed military pilots who were transitioning to civilian standards; developed a passion for teaching, leading others, and learning new skills.
- Introduced new training techniques, earning recognition from peers and customers alike.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Instructed over 200 students for various ratings and certificates.
- Utilized innovative techniques to improve student retention rates.
- Maintained a 100% customer satisfaction rating from students who used the training services I provided.
- Taught new staff members how to properly conduct their role in training and maintain consistency and quality of instruction.
- Effectively ran the operations of the school by maintaining staff, scheduling lessons, and implementing new programs and products based on school goals and objectives.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Awarded Instructor of the Year recognition from the National Aviation Consortium for an increase of 47% in new pilot certifications.
- Invented a ground school curriculum that minimized out-of-class time and expensive, on-the-airport training ($21,000 savings per new pilot).
- Generated a 91% first-time pass rate on the FAA examination which was 4 percentage points higher than the program national average.
- Devised a four-day, five-hour residential course that enabled pilots to transition from training airplanes to commercial airliner simulators ($23 million in revenue from new contracts).
- Turned a profit in the Flight School with fewer students by eliminating the bulky two-seater aircraft in favor of a single-engine Cessna 172 SR.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Received a gold award for meeting flight instructor standards, including the Airline Transport Pilot’s certification.
- Recognized as flight instructor of the year by instructor selection committee due to achieving 100% proficiency in various aircraft.
- Attained the highest possible job review from both student and instructor peers.
- Made a significant contribution to industry association as a member of both Flight Instructor’s Organization and Pilot’s Association of America.
- Worked with a group of international students from all different cultures and backgrounds to provide high-quality service with an emphasis on safety.
Flight Instructor Resume Sample 12
- Responsible for all aspects of teaching students to use lifts and runways safely.
- Directed student safety during all phases of flight operation.
- Recruited students for the Flight Academy; successfully marketed the school’s programs to students in surrounding school districts.
- Assisted School Director with scheduling employees.
- Received exceptional customer service award; effectively handled complaints and questions from customers, parents, and business persons using the campus.
The FAA requires flight instructors to have a high school diploma, but flight instructors who work for professional airlines need two years of college, and all flight instructors must obtain special certification before teaching. Flight instructors must be patient, articulate, disciplined, and safety-minded, and they must exhibit good explanatory skills, an eye for detail, and vast mechanical knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.