Pharmacy Techs support day to day operations of pharmacy facilities and provide technical and service assistance to pharmacists. Duties include helping pharmacist on site prepare prescriptions, label-making of medications, managing inventory of drugs and supplies, maintenance of patient medication database, handling incoming phonecalls and inquiries, and ensuring a clean and organized environment in the pharmacy.
To work as a Pharmacy Technician, it is often necessary to complete a state-approved pharmacy technician course with an accredited institution and hold a current national Pharmacy Technicians Certification Board (PTCB) Certification. Pharmacy Technicians must be highly organized, communicative, attentive to the task at hand, and maintain a basic background knowledge of drug information to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pharm Tech Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pharm Tech resumes for your reference.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 1
- Dosed medications according to physician’s specifications.
- Prepared IV solutions and monitored patients for adverse reactions to medication.
- Instructed patients in drug regimen, including necessary precautions and possible side effects of prescribed drugs.
- Provided pharmaceutical assistance to hospital staff at all times while maintaining safe, sanitary conditions inside pharmacy dispensary.
- Devised an improved inventory-control system that reduced the risk of medication errors; recognized by management for saving the hospital $500 per month in costs associated with wasted or expired medicine.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 2
- Provided pharmaceutical expertise to customers by answering questions about prescription medications, drug interactions, and medical problems.
- Responsible for filling a variety of prescriptions from a large account base through the use of computerized system which monitored inventory.
- Investigated product returns and complaints about drugs or medical equipment by checking with doctors, pharmacists, distributors, patients, or manufacturers to resolve issues.
- Solved insurance billing problems by submitting appeals to insurers on behalf of clients.
- Saved employers thousands of dollars annually by shipping 200 pounds less than budgeted due to accurate packaging methods.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 3
- Handled high-volume prescription department by accurately verifying insurance information and completing customer transactions in an efficient manner to ensure that patient satisfaction was maintained.
- Promoted to Pharmacy Technician after successfully completing two years of training, competency testing, and successfully achieving Employee Excellence Award during final six months of employment.
- Liaised between internal departments regarding the needs of patients, including billing issues, insurance policies, inventory status, etc., while remaining knowledgeable regarding procedure codes and other documentation required to support pharmaceutical transactions within multiple software programs for physicians’ offices located throughout New Hampshire.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by three different managers over three consecutive years.
- Increased accuracy record from 1/500 to 1/500,000 after initial six months of training by increasing speed and correct procedures.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 4
- Adhered to all safety guidelines while maintaining master medication records; served as primary record keeper for over 1,200 doses of Lithium Carbonate.
- Displayed extensive knowledge of pharmaceutical products and services available at the company by providing assistance with difficult transactions for customers.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills in daily job duties; prioritized tasks in accordance with importance after consulting work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Managed inventory levels through proactive monitoring of materials usage; contributed to customer satisfaction with service-oriented attitude and efficiency of drug delivery timeframes.
- Facilitated high standard of customer service based on patient satisfaction scores at 90%; assisted pharmacy technicians to complete required documentation accurately and completely.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 5
- Accurately queued prescriptions and transfers to technicians on first-pass accuracy of 99.8%.
- Provided pharmaceutical information for more than 300 medications, including therapeutic alternatives, contra-indications, dosing instructions, adverse reactions, etc.
- Collaborated with pharmacists to assess patient’s health conditions and ensure compliance with medication regimens.
- Pioneered team effort in new development projects for long term care patients who are at risk of falls by creating new fall prevention protocols.
- Reached career milestone as Pharmacy Technician after processing over 2 million dollars in prescription sales within one year.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 6
- Completed all required tasks in an efficient manner; able to accomplish multiple tasks within a short period of time.
- Adhered to strict compliance standards for drug products and patient care; received certification as a pharmacy technician.
- Provided pharmaceuticals, treatments, and advice to patients using the latest information available on new medications.
- Initiated professional relationships with healthcare providers by communicating concerns about customer prescriptions through effective listening skills. Determined appropriate courses of action that would ensure quality medicines were available for customers.
- Facilitated business operations with outside pharmacies by helping to maintain stock levels for approximately 54 stores.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 7
- Identified dangerous drug interactions by working with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and pharmaceutical reps.
- Acted as trainer during new hire orientation delivering seminars on patient confidentiality regulations.
- Achievement recognized by being invited to brief the hospital’s medical staff quarterly in professional practice issues related to pharmacy department functions.
- Completed six month rotation in medical supplies management; created an inventory control log for physician orders of controlled substances ensuring compliance with DEA regulations.
- Assisted in implementing a positive change among nursing staff; helped develop policy documentation for hand washing practices after dispensing medications to patients.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 8
- Prepared oral and sterile injectable medications for patient care according to the physician’s ordered dosage.
- Effectively prepared antibiotic suspensions and antifungal solutions in a timely manner, adhering to strict safety policies.
- Recognized as an individual who is dependable, responsible, resourceful, and performs assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently scored 99% or higher on each of five consecutive performance evaluations.
- Trained new employees on unit procedures; mentored other technicians on proper drug handling techniques through daily interaction.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 9
- Accurately prepared sterile pharmaceuticals, following FDA guidelines for medication preparation.
- Efficiently completed over 1,000 injections during flu season, administered immunizations to patients. Assisted in administration of chemotherapy treatment to cancer patients by mixing medications and administering them via injection and intravenously.
- Consistently show quality work and initiative despite pressure and time constraints; developed knowledge of ICD-9 coding system; helped establish new pharmacy department; lead team member on multiple projects.
- Pioneered transitions between institutions as a key player in the reformulation of the Patient Service Department; effectively reorganized workflow between departments according to organizational goals and system principles.
- Provided leadership for documentation and monitoring of pharmacy service charges to third party payers.
Pharm Tech Resume Sample 10
- Performed instrumental role in filling over ten million dollars of critical prescriptions within the six months timeframe.
- Contributed to core department procedures by describing 5% furosemide orders for pharmacists, which resulted in one-minute preparation time.
- Trained new pharmaceutical technicians on standardized operating procedures; ensured proper method of operation through observation and participation.
- Established rapport with physicians, pharmacists, patients, and family members while representing company at professional events held domestically and internationally.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service after providing guidance on obtaining prescription drugs from Canada to a patient’s family member located outside of the United States.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pharm Tech Resume Samples
- Wrap Up