IT Project Managers provide managerial services to organizations needing help in planning their technology goals. Their duties include managing the project development, setting project goals, assigning tasks for team members, identifying issues with the project, creating progress reports, and mentoring the other team members.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Project Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Project Manager resumes for your reference.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Designed and implemented computer systems to meet business objectives while I served as Chief Operating Officer, directing over $20 million in annual revenue.
- Followed strict financial procedures and documented each step of budget, accounting, and cash management systems.
- Supported departmental business operations by involving all employees in departmental goals.
- Coordinated with external vendors for equipment, office space, and support services to satisfy operation’s goals.
- Gathered and analyzed data, metrics, and market research to develop business strategies and systems.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Served as a part-time payroll clerk and mentor to employees of a major employer by training them on new systems.
- Developed cooperative relationships with local businesses by publishing information on public access terminals.
- Led development of an IT project which earned the company significant savings in time and money.
- Supervised regular rotations of team members, assuring the completion and return of each project on time.
- Received achievement award for exceptional service in the annual internal recognition survey from coworkers and supervisor.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Successfully managed a team of six professionals to fulfill client requirements and deliverables, reaping an impressive 100% on-time project completion rating.
- Coordinated software implementation for ten remote sites and successfully installed operating system upgrades for all stations in less than nine hours of time.
- Spearheaded the development, design, and implementation of project components to improve the communication process and increase customer satisfaction metrics.
- Encouraged staff to exceed customer expectations, as reflected in multiple Customer Satisfaction Surveys achieving the highest possible scores in all categories.
- Set new standard for software development projects as GM (ISO certification) certified team member.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Selected by Microsoft to oversee design and development of their software; planned, scheduled, and coordinated with programmers, testers, staff members and others to meet goals.
- Awarded with presidential award for outstanding achievement in senior leadership challenge program; fostered creative capabilities and knowledge of IT issues by planning tasks, delegating work activities and maintaining accountability.
- Outstanding quality award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings conducted by IT department following the release of new software.
- Met all deadlines; effectively managed the technical requirements of high-profile government initiatives.
- Was a decisive factor in the introduction of a new program that increased productivity by 30%.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed four servers, twenty-nine workstations, and ninety-one users with very few malfunctions from 1/9/2000 to the present.
- Coordinated adoption of new support software including change management and active monitoring program.
- Routinely alerted users of potential software conflicts and regularly responded to help requests within standard service levels.
- Achieved award for the development of an efficient ticketing system to track and resolve system administration issues.
- Trained three new staff members on a variety of IT applications in the training lab and on the job.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Assigned, supervised, and managed large-scale IT projects.
- Conceived and designed innovative solutions for management problems in the Finance & Evaluation department.
- Established and maintained effective working relationships with all employees (students, faculty, staff members) while leading projects that satisfied internal customers.
- Effectively contributed to University of Wisconsin System’s IT Strategic Plan by establishing a budget for IT.
- Fostered communication between faculty and staff through a quality system for issue tracking during the College of Business Administration’s transition to cloud-computing services.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Resolved an email server malfunction by adding storage space and increasing its RAM.
- Diminished the cost of Federal IT project expenses by conducting extensive research, minimizing costs, and expediting the completion.
- Accomplished completion of an IBM project after coordinating personnel and monitor equipment at three sites; increased efficiency 30%.
- Implemented quick-load capability in a CAD system where university faculty could enter soil samples digitally and generate a custom report for each format specified on site.
- Tracked down and removed viruses from our network after it was brought under control of Linux antivirus software for Windows systems.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed a team of skilled IT professionals, implementing a systems architecture and information technology training program.
- Managed multiple projects on time, on budget and with efficiency.
- Supported project management through transparency and risk reduction.
- Established training programs to ensure that company data security requirements were met by all projects under development.
- Trained senior managers in the use of best practices for IT project management planning, estimating, scheduling & navigation ensuring effective delivery of IT related products or services to customers in a timely manner that exceeded expectations.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed IT project staff, software vendors, and clients through all aspects of the business including planning, staffing, and execution of projects.
- Performed all phases of hardware/software acquisition and procurement for the development and training of new employees.
- Oversaw installation and configuration of critical site-wide technology infrastructure to meet client goals.
- Evaluated trends in technology use among users to improve IT systems security.
- Constructed time management strategies to increase productivity and reduce time spent on non-productive tasks.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Expedited the implementation of new technology that cut production time by 66%.
- Assured ongoing operational excellence by reducing post-implementation change control by 40% during a two-year maintenance phase.
- Proven ability to implement complex, large-scale projects and integrate multiple technologies.
- Resolved project critical issues in the face of risk, shifting requirements, and limited resources.
- Matched the needs of diverse parties; contributed to successful outsourcing alternative by recommending appropriate service providers based on performance and cost metrics.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed and supervised eight IT employees reporting to me as an IT Project Manager.
- Negotiated over 600+ contracts from thirteen companies with a total value of over $1,000,000. Negotiated for bid prices for logistical services, hiring managers, and equipment.
- Developed sound plans for the group’s employment goals; completed new business tasks to meet quarterly targets.
- Created a variety of processes that facilitated the team’s growth in efficiency and quality and accomplished monthly objectives by March 2009.
- Trained all staff to exercise customer service skills on customer issues by July 2009.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Increased annual revenues by $23 million by ensuring the timely delivery of new software applications.
- Negotiated a 25% reduction in project costs and maintained client satisfaction.
- Decreased time-to-market by 50%. Resolved technical issues, scheduled production, and verified installation of four 10,000 seat software applications.
- Managed the coordination from multiple vendors of thousands of hardware parts for four software installations.
- Discovered the root cause and resolved an intermittent operating system error that had stalled production for over six months despite independent support calls to hardware vendors.
To be an IT Project Manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a business or technology field and several years of project management experience; some positions may require you to possess a master’s degree, though. IT Project Managers must demonstrate effective communication, analytical, teamwork, leadership, organization, planning, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Project Manager Resume Samples
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- IT Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up