The Facility Security Officer ensures the safety and security of facilities. Their duties include protecting staff and visitors, acting as a visible deterrent to crime and policy violations, protecting facilities from vandalism, reporting safety concerns, assisting staff and customers, and patrolling vulnerable areas.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Facility Security Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Facility Security Officer resumes for your reference.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 1
- Brought national attention to the department, by coordinating a security detail for the general public and dignitaries, assigned to Philadelphia’s annual Veteran’s Day Parade.
- Oversaw an efficient workforce of 20 security officers. Informed security personnel of proper responses in various situations regarding body language, voice tone, and defensive actions.
- Credited with saving lives during local emergencies; rescued individuals from a burning building at great risk to own life; guided mentally disabled person to safety during a tornado storm.
- Suggested revisions to department guidelines that resulted in major cost-savings to the organization; handled confidential information with the highest degree of discretion.
- Authored the first implemented executive policy that specifically addressed the department’s objectives regarding proper conduct and accountability.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 2
- Secured and screened over 30,000 individuals, including foreign dignitaries, politicians, and government officials, church and business leaders, as they entered the facility.
- Conducted security surveys to assess future physical risks; recommended and implemented safety measures valued at over $50 million.
- Installed new security enhancements for entire building facilities that resulted in a 99% reduction in incidents since implementation.
- Protected corporate executives against robbery during travel by immediately conducting a high-risk vehicle search using bomb detectors, chemical kits and ultraviolet lights.
- Created access control system with integrated surveillance network that tracked all activity 24 hours a day and alerted the authorities of suspicious behavior.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 3
- Cleared out a room filled with explosives during an active shooter training exercise. Covered fire ground while clearing the room, while under fire.
- Gained knowledge/training in Martial Arts/Self-Defense by constantly skyping, attending classes, and coaching for self-defense.
- Found a bully who was harassing a young girl; stopped him from harassing her on the bus & confronted him (with a group of his friends) on the street. He was arrested by two officers.
- Found a gang member in possession of four weapons, narcotics and murder weapons; he was arrested by two officers (on the street).
- Was first on the scene during a major gas explosion that blew the back side of a building off.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 4
- Created and implemented a behavior-based training program for security, police officers, and military personnel.
- Initiated team awareness program, which specialized in the application of research-based behavioral strategies for team building for groups to include facilities managers and police officers in the area.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to efficient departmental operations, quality service delivery and client satisfaction through effective management of staff time and resources.
- Awarded six consecutive Victory Medals by the State of New Mexico Law Enforcement Organizations Association (NMLEA) on assignment with the State Police.
- Recognized as a “Top Cop” by the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IAACP).
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 5
- Proactively guarded private property in a high crime area 24/7, interacted positively with the public and local police to foster improved relationships and performed over 200 traffic stops with a demeanor that encouraged voluntary compliance.
- Maintained alertness on patrol and during routine guard duty in a hostile environment to proactively identify and defuse potentially violent situations.
- Demonstrated notable devotion to duty while working during the Hurricane Katrina disaster, which earned praise from superiors.
- Extracted a captured escaping suspect while sustaining hand and arm injuries; apprehended felon without injury to officers or the suspect.
- Informed security supervisor of two suspicious persons after their suspicious activities were detected by surveillance equipment; ex-employers applauded for pro-active behavior in this regard.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 6
- Developed situational awareness by applying knowledge of contemporary terrorist tactics and the worst-case scenario approach to security and risk management.
- Executed the duties of a Watch Commander at a National Security Agency, Department of Defense (NSA/DoD) facility while in Kuwait, Iraq; facilitated contact between military personnel and national security assets.
- Innovated new technology applications to enhance force protection at an NSA/DoD facility; assessed fatal hazards, explored innovative logistics solutions, submitted paperwork resulting in capital improvements for physical security.
- Realized a steadfast commitment to the mission of NSA/DoD intelligence gathering by applying strategies for over-coming operational challenges.
- Received a citation honoring the gallantry and intrepidity in action against an armed enemy while conducting combat operations in Iraq; delivered emergency first aid to wounded civilians under hostile fire while serving as a member of the Marine Corps’ force protection team on patrol.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 7
- Proactively deterred theft, vandalism, arson, and terrorism through a 24-hour monitoring system at an airport.
- Patrolled night grounds to maintain order and security during high school football games.
- Discovered and disarmed an incendiary bomb in a resident’s backpack; eliminated potential disaster.
- Collaborated with local law enforcement during marijuana eradication efforts on national forest lands; arrested thirteen trespassers.
- Nabbed one suspect during morning hours in connection to the stolen car ring; one of fifteen apprehended by unit.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 8
- Guarded and secured $11 million inventory of computer systems, office equipment, and sensitive documents.
- Patroled $21 million facility with continual alertness for suspicious activity.
- Effectively directed daily security operations with precise procedures to maintain compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Directed plant safety program; provided emergency response training to all employees regarding technology hazards and security breaches.
- Enforced all safety rules regarding hazardous chemicals in an industrial environment; prepared facility emergency response plans and conducted yearly fire drills.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 9
- Effectively conducted patrols in over 3,000 square miles of occupied and unoccupied territories, including flying for 500 hours in search and rescue efforts.
- Made an arrest at the high school level based upon a preliminary investigation; arrested a total of four felons at the Federal, state, and county levels.
- Guided search of lost hikers near Yellowstone National Park; located missing children within 24 hours after receiving calls regarding their disappearance.
- Identified threatening activities to other vehicles during highway escorts through high-risk areas.
- Performed searches and secured buildings to prevent unauthorized access.
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 10
- Patrolled assigned area during a late night shift to ensure residential safety and order.
- Provided emergency response services to residents of the facility in the case of medical emergencies and fire.
- Handled multiple situations involving emotionally disturbed residents as well as aggressive or potentially violent clients.
- Interacted regularly with clients on issues ranging from simple requests for information to more complex problems relating to health care, substance abuse, and personal counseling.
- Served as a liaison between facility staff and external law enforcement agencies such as the local police department, county sheriff’s office, state patrol, etc…
Facility Security Officer Resume Sample 11
- Handled a maximum-security jail with compassion; effectively deterred inmate violence and maintained optimal security standards.
- Safeguarded the national gold supply with effectiveness and vigilance; performed prisoner transport duties.
- Conducted constant surveillance and kept detailed records of visitors to a government agency; processed daily logs.
- Trained military service members in combat tactics, weapons handling, and self-defense/combative skills during basic training at Fort Benning on the Warrior Leadership Course and Combat Leader’s Course.
- Instructed soldiers on how to properly clear rooms after an engagement during combat training exercises.
Security officers generally have a high school diploma and often have military or law enforcement backgrounds. Facility Security Officers must demonstrate a high level of awareness, protective instincts, ability to restrain violent or combative people, attention to detail, physical fitness, an understanding of operational procedures, and a high degree of professionalism.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.