Rehabilitation Nurses are tasked with aiding patients with physical disabilities. Their duties include assisting patients with managing their pain, guiding patients on how to live with their disability, teaching patients pain management techniques, educating patients on what their disability is, providing care to patients, and escalating developments to medical professionals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Rehabilitation Nurse resumes for your reference.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Obtained job as a Rehabilitation Nurse at an established rehabilitation hospital.
- Assisted in the management of rehab patients.
- Coordinated the medical team; ensured proper care was provided for patients.
- Bolstered staff morale through motivation, accountability, and recognition programs.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient demographics.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Contributed to successful outcome of cases with multiple comorbidities. Effectively communicated with patients, family members, and staff.
- Achieved award for exceptional service in the rehabilitation unit; demonstrated outstanding communication and coordination skills during crisis situations.
- Facilitated successful discharges by obtaining necessary equipment and home health referrals for assigned patients.
- Involved in the development of care plans for long-term care residents and contributed to the achievement of excellent outcomes for patients.
- Maintained a high success rate in rehabilitation, minimizing the need for re-admissions by effectively developing discharge plans and ensuring close collaboration with case managers.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Trained patients at the Rehabilitation Center in the use of adaptive equipment with demonstrated ability to be persuasive in gaining cooperation from patients.
- Received appreciation from fellow workers and administration for exceptional work performance during inclement weather conditions.
- Managed all aspects of the operation at the Rehabilitation Center; effectively coordinated program activities for patients, providing top-notch customer service.
- Placed first in National Nursing Competition; received appreciation from residents at main center who were able to remain there during inclement weather because of availability of additional aids as well as quick thinking during emergencies.
- Received recognition from the community for outstanding performance of tasks involving coaching and management.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Observed and performed daily functional assessments; provided rehabilitation based on patients’ needs.
- Recognized and addressed trends related to management of pain.
- Adhered to federal, state, and local regulations with regard to narcotics administration; communicated with patients’ families on schedules, rates of recovery, etc.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines for patient satisfaction ratings from the American Nurses Association.
- Recognized and received award for outstanding quality from a third party survey.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Helped patients through the medical and emotional trauma of a hip fracture or surgery.
- Provided chemotherapy to a patient with lung cancer.
- Helped a patient overcome his fear of being around people.
- Researched new procedures; prevented unnecessary procedures on patients undergoing heart surgery.
- Had a program in which every patient in the hospital had to participate; began at 5 am and ended at 6 pm.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Accomplished goal of completing a Masters Degree in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Accomplished goal of completing specialty certification in Alcoholism and Substance Abuse.
- Accomplished goal of owning a successful small business for 2 years.
- Accomplished goal of preparing for Senior Project Management Certification, after which she completed the coursework for her certificate, run the final test and received a distinction award from the school administration.
- Accomplished goal of completing an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, after which she practiced nursing for 2 years.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Personalized care for a paraplegic patient with unique needs and abilities; recognized as an authority in rehabilitation medicine by other medical staff members.
- Developed skills and techniques to rehabilitate stroke victims; instructed both patients and other medical staff members on the use of therapeutic modalities.
- Contributed to the management of anticoagulants and pain medications; effectively managed patients’ medical needs while following hospital regulations regarding safety, accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality.
- Shifted focus from acute care to holistic care upon promotion to shift supervisor; maintained quality control over all medications administered during assigned shifts despite heavy workload.
- Developed a Resource Management Plan (RMP); effectively implemented the RMP in accordance with work plan.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Helped a patient reduce 10 prescription meds by taking control of blood pressure, diabetes, depression and asthma.
- Patient’s daily edema improved; able to walk one mile without discomfort or shortness of breath.
- Recommended an alternative drug regimen to relieve nausea and cramping from a medication prescribed due to a patient’s sensitivity to sulfa drugs.
- Helped resolve a botched surgical site infection by coordinating with physician and surgeon for appropriate care.
- Prescribed an alternative drug to control pain after removal of a central line.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in supporting smoking cessation and weight reduction through group counseling, individual counseling, and exercise.
- Developed a rehabilitation program that contributed to a significant decrease in readmissions and return visits to the emergency room.
- Earned recognition as an outstanding Rehabilitation Nurse; successfully led a staff of four nurses and two aides to meet rehabilitation goals of patients within the treatment facility.
- Selected as the Rehabilitation Nurse on duty after an earthquake devastated the area; served 6,500 individuals affected by the disaster for more than three months.
- Developed a communication plan that included free, unannounced in-house lunchtime clinics for patients and staff.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Directed individuals in the rehabilitation unit to practice the proper technique for the care of patients with the goal of achieving maximum independence; recognized by the supervisor for outstanding ability to achieve patient outcomes.
- Creatively provided practical therapeutic equipment and furniture to clients who were recovering from orthopedic surgeries.
- Directed individuals of all levels in supplying food, nutrition and exercise regimens as well as bowel management techniques.
- Participated in project participation such as teaching classes and managing a basic skills training program for adults who were returning to work after injury or illness.
- Contributed to the overall service delivery operation by maintaining a skilled medical/physician team while closely tracking patient needs within a chronic care unit.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for meeting patient satisfaction guidelines based on patient survey ratings from patients who were admitted to a hospital’s cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Earned award for documenting outstanding achievement in the nursing field through cooperating with physicians and collecting statistical data, information, and records; gathering health information for patients who are being treated for cardiac disease.
- Receives award in recognition of being an exemplary medical professional due to compassionate care that was provided to a patient; recognized by other medical professionals and nurses, as well as the Director of Nurses.
- Received award for being a certified medical assistant and achieving exam certification, in recognition of exemplary performance in the medical field; observed by physicians and other medical professionals.
- Accomplished goals as a hygiene technician; performed procedures that were required and supervised by physicians.
Rehabilitation Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Developed and implemented a treatment program designed to correct maladies depriving of a fast recovery.
- Appraised wounds and ordered procedures to promote healing; aided in the reduction of infections.
- Recognized by the department Chief for implementing techniques that resulted in faster and more complete recovery; reduced duration of patient stay.
- Recommended cutting edge techniques resulting in superlative outcomes; decreased cost of care and length of stay.
- Brought about a cost-saving program for the company that resulted in increased profit margins and revenue for the hospital.
To become a Rehabilitation Nurse, you will need a bachelor’s in nursing and CRRN certification. The skills needed for this position are communication skills, patience, empathy, stamina, computer skills, strong knowledge of physical therapy, problem-solving skills, and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.