Camp nurses work at camps or retreats, providing expert medical and health care services to any attendants who need it. Their duties include training retreat staff, supplying first aid, providing first aid, planning for contagious outbreaks, keeping medical records, maintaining campers’ medication, and communicating with health care professionals if needed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Camp Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Camp Nurse resumes for your reference.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Committed to taking care of my patients like they were me.
- Purchased equipment and uniforms for the camp, staffed the nurses’ station, and assisted with patient transfers.
- Educated the children using a combination of force-free therapy and humor in addition to providing physical therapy, aqua therapy, music therapy, bathing and dressing assistance.
- Observed high standards of safety and sanitation while overseeing over 125 children; frequently commented on children’s progress while caring for them.
- Improved staff morale by encouraging the staff to get involved in the activities; helped to bring organization and order to chaos.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in medical, mental health, and dental programs, including care of patients and research projects.
- Supervised a team of two registered nurses on staff when the facilities were short staffed.
- Authored monthly reports regarding progress of clinical trials. Drafted study protocol and conducted patient interviews.
- Designed and developed comprehensive training program for ten staff members to prepare them to become future skilled nursing assistants.
- Monitored effectiveness of the newly implemented e-health records system; raised awareness regarding potential privacy issues concerning confidentiality among staff members.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Effectively addressed and diagnosed the needs of fellow campers, staff, and physicians with respect to medical care for all ages.
- Acted in a timely manner as Medical Director of the camp program and directed activities of doctors, students, and alumni alike in the treatment and prevention of disease.
- Provided first aid and general health care to two hundred participants under careful supervision.
- Personally instructed over thirty students in basic first aid techniques.
- Supervised staff working in infirmary; coordinated responses to emergency situations during emergency response drills.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated ability to establish interactive relationships with all members of a camp population.
- Accommodated and cared for children with high-fever, flu symptoms, cuts and bruises. Worked to prevent infection with the proper use of antibiotics, pain management, and hypersensitivity medications.
- Recognized opportunities for patient education and care by providing campers with information required.
- Collaborated with physicians, nurses and other medical personnel to accomplish team oriented goals and procedures.
- Achieved level of excellence on a mission trip to Costa Rica where she provided care for patients.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for patient care, efficiency, and safety. Performed admissions and helped to staff the medical tent during camp activities.
- Authored personal journal entries and submitted them as evidence in court of law.
- Experienced extreme distress while caring for hostile combatants. Wrote up a brief on the incident in response to Human Resources (HR) questionnaire.
- Helped multiple patients with personal growth, self-development, and learning disabilities to transition into their new environments successfully. Improved their ability to learn despite challenges posed by situations of crisis or conflict at home or at school.
- Learned new counseling techniques and exercises to help people achieve personal growth, self-development, and learning disabilities.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Maintained extreme patience, kindness, and support for campers and their families during the seven weeks of summer camp.
- Comforted grieving parents and adults who had lost loved ones throughout the year.
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out those in need after noticing children who needed help without it being obvious to anyone else.
- Accurately diagnosed patients with symptoms of infection, fever, pain, and injury; ordered necessary tests; ordered best course of treatment for each patient.
- Evaluated post-traumatic stress disorder in returning soldiers from Vietnam based on appropriate medical attention.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Lead a full recovery of two patients, first aid, and CPR.
- First aid and emergency equipment skills were used to save lives during multiple medical scenarios.
- Daily emergency response nursing skills provided care for critically ill patients in an emergency room setting.
- Extensive knowledge of human anatomy and physiology; enabled patient care and recovery from a large variety of injuries from motor vehicle accidents to childbirth emergencies.
- Accurate diagnosis and immediate treatment of over 50 medical issues was able to avoid serious injury or death from an accidental fall in the operating room.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Interpretted environment and condition, evaluated medical exam results, administered first aid, and advised patient to seek further medical attention.
- Administered medication to patients with chest infections.
- Organized daily cardiology chairside care of cardiac patients by assisting professionals.
- Screened for potential heart attack/seizure on EMS units by acting as a back-up for physicians and surgeons. (By certified CPR instructor)
- Aided in the pre-placement of fainting clients from elevated heart rates by assessing the physical state of their hearts prior to transport.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Observed and reported onset of acute and chronic medical conditions to the camp’s medical director.
- Administered medication to children and adults as prescribed by the camp’s medical director.
- Collaborated with the camp’s physician to determine the need for each illness or medical condition.
- Read, recorded, and responded to patients’ vital signs daily; mobilized staff for triage situations promptly; maintained a sanitary environment for injury treatment.
- Evaluated each case based on past history, patient description of symptoms, physical observation, laboratory findings, diagnostic data from patient history sheets, and prescribed treatments.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Educated, lead, and inspired over 200 children to participate in various camps throughout the country.
- Medical expertise and caring professionalism were evident in each child’s words of appreciation of care.
- Achieved national recognition for compassionate, practical, staff leadership while winning a multitude of awards.
- Outstanding relationship building skills; coordinated transportation of team members to and from the battlefield.
- Recognized by school administrators for extraordinary teaching methods that developed values within their students; anchored constructive connection with students who needed support for personal program goals.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Trained and supervised eight camp nurses in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid.
- Provided emergency medical care, including CPR and defibrillation, to 100 campers, staff, and visitors on camp property.
- Supervised over 120 hours of volunteer medical care; provided medical history; physical examination; followed blood glucose levels; administered prescribed medications and insulin shots to diabetes patients.
- Participated in the administration of preventative measures for the prevention of disease outbreaks at the Boy Scouts of America summer camp.
- Trained camp staff in a variety of topics to include CPR, First Aid, and the use of Trauma kits.
Camp Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Diagnosed and treated over 600 children for infectious diseases, poisoning, severe allergies, cuts, burns, and fractures.
- Competently administered vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), DPT/DT booster shots, polio vaccine; provided treatment for pertussis (whooping cough), diabetic shock from low blood sugar levels.
- Provided emergency care for lacerations resulting from whip-lash effect of ropes in ropes course activities.
- Prescribed Tylenol and Motrin during an outbreak of chicken pox.
- Monitored and recorded vital signs, weight, height, and condition of all campers throughout the year.
To work as a camp nurse, you need to be a registered nurse(RN), which is a qualification that requires college education of at least an associate’s degree in nursing. To become a successful camp nurse, you must demonstrate compassion, medical knowledge, empathy, responsibility, communication skills, work well in high stress situations, and have good organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.