Infection control nurses work to prevent the spread of disease in hospitals. Their responsibilities include investigating and monitoring any diseases, reporting diseases, researching and recommending health policies, implementing procedures for sterilization and decontamination, providing information to patients and families, and maintaining patient records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Infection Control Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Infection Control Nurse resumes for your reference.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Trained and referred in-house infectious disease, safety, and infection control protocols to the administration.
- Led team in developing and implementing a multi-faceted infection prevention program.
- Identified facilities that were in need of improvements in hand hygiene and airborne infection control.
- Won award for target practice accuracy during annual night fire range competition.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data that related to infectious disease outbreaks.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Provided quality nursing care to a variety of patients in four areas of specialization.
- Prepared and administered chemotherapy treatments, provided counseling, and executed fluid replacement.
- Administered vaccines to patients and monitored their responses.
- Performed physical assessments and prepared treatment plans for intensive care unit patients while managing patient needs, questions, and concerns.
- Developed patient records by documenting treatments, procedures, test results, discharge planning, patient/family education on home care needs/responsibilities; generated statistics used in the development of employee evaluations; managed multiple responsibilities for department productivity and efficiency.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated unique prevention abilities during a hospital-wide outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by designing and implementing new standard operating procedures.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; implemented and supervised additional trainings in the use of disinfectants, gloves, masks, gowns, and washing hands to prevent spread of infection via contaminated supplies.
- Quickly located new hires with expired certification and scheduled refresher training sessions within two weeks; reduced potential risk factors for hospital-acquired infections.
- Aided a patient in crisis by providing comfort, instilling hope and serving as a role model for recovery; maintained effective relationships among hospital staff to facilitate positive working environment.
- Intervened in potentially harmful health situation; educated patient on hygiene and prevention of cross-contamination.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Started as a student nurse in a busy ICU setting; recognized as one of the most popular among professionals, trainees, and students.
- Initiated change in hospital policy to prevent infection with Influenza and Norovirus outbreaks.
- Rescued more than 400 patients from contaminated rooms within 72 hours.
- Promoted original facility redesign plan for better ICU design for efficiency and patient safety.
- Recognized by organization’s president upon completion of one year on staff and demonstrated leadership through experience management skills.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw the overall infection control program of a 50 bed hospital; professionally influenced staff practices and procedures relating to infection control.
- Supervised and controlled staff for six months in a 30-bed, state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
- Managed a fifteen month long patient with serious medical conditions.
- Compiled daily list of those who came into contact with the patient.
- Effectively evaluated, planned, implemented, and monitored compliance with all federal and state regulations regarding infection control practices at the hospital.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Contributed to team of ten in coordinating and directing prevention, control, and treatment of infectious illnesses.
- Coordinated resources with physicians in determining level of risk to patients exposed to infectious diseases.
- Spearheaded implementation of protocols between hospitals, doctors’ offices, and nursing agencies through regular meetings with administrators that produced strong working relationships among organizations.
- Developed a system for tracking records on outbreaks and isolations based on facilities’ unique computer systems and reporting procedures; cut back on paperwork for workers by a factor of two by streamlining system for hospital reports.
- Conducted internal investigation into patient safety issues; sought way to stop spread of infection from patients to staff members.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Performed infection control procedures in a medical facility.
- Assessed the environmental health needs and documented those needs according to each area of the facility.
- Directly participated in educational meetings on infection control related topics.
- Trained personnel on infection prevention and conduct proper hand-washing techniques.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively assisted with bodily contact procedures in a dental office as well as patient hand-hygiene procedures in a clinic.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Became the first registered nurse to lead a primary care clinic for the AIDS/HIV population in the Oakland, California area.
- Trained staff and other health care providers on infection control procedures.
- Supervised infection control nurses in training; participated in hospital-wide committee assignments.
- Engaged in research and education as a certified doctoral student; supervised doctoral work by four doctoral students and one post-doctoral researcher.
- Recognized and honored as Outstanding Nursing Student by nursing alumni association.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and conducted drills on procedures for cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing different clinic settings.
- Collaborated with other nurses to maintain standard protocols for patient care.
- Managed a team of 250 members in an eight million dollar facility; achieved high standards of compliance and quality control by implementing procedures regarding infection control.
- Administered more than five hundred clinics in a six year span.
- Presented solutions to doctors’ concerns regarding human error during over one thousand client visits per year.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Effectively communicated with physicians and patients to ensure patient satisfaction and healthcare quality.
- Awarded recognition for education and presentation of infection control guidelines.
- Recognized as one of the most active nurses at hospital in providing cleanliness and safety to patients, visitors, family members, and employees.
- Reduced costs while improving hospital efficiency by instituting new policies regarding staff training, inventory control, and staff development.
- Met diversity of patient needs in a caring, effective manner; fostered comfortable environment for all hospital visitors including families with young children.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated, implemented, and managed infection control programs for hospital and clinics.
- Wrote policies that were adopted by the hospital board for equipment management.
- Inspected medical equipment daily according to national standards.
- Involved in training doctors, nurses, and support staff on the new policies and procedures for infection control.
- Led committees of healthcare professionals to implement changes in the new equipment policy at local hospitals.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Evaluated hospital patients for infection control and directed staff in disinfection techniques.
- Monitored catheter, surgical trays, and other equipment to ensure acquisition of data relative to patient safety.
- Ensured biohazardous waste was disposed of according to OSHA standards; protected patients from hazardous infections.
- Authored report on isolation precautions; anticipated advice to hospital leadership in order to reduce the spread of disease within the facility.
- Delivered outstanding healthcare service after assisting in congenital heart surgeries and pediatric colon operations; recognized for superior performance by hospital leadership.
Infection Control Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Arranged for the hiring of temporary nursing staff to ensure the safety of patients and prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Conducted training seminars on cleaning procedures and handwashing techniques, to increase hospital compliance with infection control policies.
- Encouraged increased patient involvement in preventing infections during a new hospital initiative requiring patient gowning.
- Designed, conducted, and evaluated two research projects examining effectiveness of infection control practices in pediatric patients.
- Prepared a report on hospital-acquired infections that has driven hospital policy changes to reduce such occurrences.
To be an infection control nurse, you must be licensed as a Registered Nurse and have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Infection control nurses also need to have knowledge of public health, familiarity with disease control procedures, investigative skills, communication skills, organizational skills, physical stamina, and compassion.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.