A house cleaner is an individual who goes into homes and ensures that they are clean and organized, frequently on a scheduled basis as set by the customer. They can work for a service that employs many such cleaners or they can be freelance and hire out themselves as an individual to customers to clean their homes independently.
How to Become a Successful House Cleaner?
Educational requirements typically aren’t present for this career, but a high school diploma or a GED, as well as a driver license and a minimum age requirement of eighteen will typically help you to get a position.
You will usually begin by working for a service where you will start out for a period of time teamed up with other more experienced workers who will teach you company policies and the basics of finishing a job.
Gaining experience from those who have more will allow you to finish your work more efficiently, and most customers want to hire individuals who clean well and quickly so speed is definitely a valuable skill to have.
Once you feel comfortable, you can set out on your own if you want to begin freelance work. This will require you to provide your own supplies and set your own schedule, so business management skills are a must if you want this.
Whether you choose to stay with a service or freelance, being polite to customers and making sure that you do a thorough job every time will allow you to build a reputation as a good worker that customers will want to keep hiring.
The Best House Cleaner Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real House Cleaner resumes for your reference.
- House keeper with extensive cleaning experience.
- My current position consist of thoroughly cleaning a household, from scrubbing bathroom showers and sinks to cleaning up bedrooms and living areas.
- Vacuuming and mopping is another daily task that is done within the home.
- Responsible for making my own organic Green Bee Cleaning products such as; floor cleaner, granite cleaner, shower cleaner, etc.
- Responsible for leaving an invoice for the customer with the time it took to clean the house and the total amount to be paid for that time.
- Responsible for dropping off cash or checks to the office for hours of cleaning.
- Filling out a time sheet with mileage, hours cleaning, invoice amount, and cash or check.
- Demonstrated honest and trustworthy work ethic in client homes.
- Fulfilled client requests while maintaining excellent company reputation.
- Consistently exceeded client expectations in order to guarantee future services.
- Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines.
- Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards.
- Regularly interacted with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Maintained smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation.
- Dusted and wiped all lighting fixtures, shelves, and windowsills of the house.
- Moved, cleaned, and rearranged the household furniture, as required.
- Used appropriate cleaning procedures and utilized effective cleaning products, efficiently.
- Executed all housecleaning tasks according to established cleanliness standards.
- Performed other duties, such as laundry, dish washing, and changing of linens.
- I have been cleaning houses and businesses for almost 12 years.
- Have had many of the same clients for several years.
- Have to go into homes and businesses and give estimates and quotes before acquiring the job.
- Cleaned offices,banks and some house on a daily, weekly or bi weekly schedule.
- From a simple Clean witch included throwing the trash,vacuuming,wipes down tables and windows restocking coffee area if one was available.
- Also did deep cleaning on occasions witch was waxing floors ,cleaning base boards ,wiping down the fan blades etc .
- Seamlessly handle all facets of individual organization, including scheduling appointments, providing outstanding customer service, managing back-office duties and completing all accounting functions.
- Earn consistent repeat and referral business through superior efforts.
- Maintain effective communication with all clients to ensure complete satisfaction and bring attention to outstanding issues.
- Consistently prove keen ability to produce excellent results independently, taking pride in performance.
- Responsibilities included cleaning and dusting all rooms,bathrooms, kitchens.
- Detailed cleaning of all floor types.
- providing great customer service and satisfaction was always a great accomplishment.
- Performs cleaning duties to maintain private homes in a clean and healthy manner.
- Performs any combination of the following services to keep private homes clean and healthy.
- Performs all duties in an honest and safe manner; delivers quality, efficient, and courteous service.
- Performs additional project work as assigned by the Team Leader when required, such as oven/grill cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, kitchen cabinet cleaning, and wood floor cleaning.
- Removed waste paper and other trash from the premises to designated area.
- Disinfected and mopped bathrooms to keep them sanitary and clean.
- Collected trash and moved garbage cans from kitchen areas to pick-up stations.
- Used chemicals and other cleaning equipment in a proper, safe and responsible manner.
- Responsible for cleaning vacation homes in Austin.
- Vacation Homes were to be fully stocked with any daily essentials while staying in these homes.
- There were 16 vacation homes that were currently being rented out by Tourist, Convention Attendees, or just family from out of town.