A house cleaner assists families and individuals with the upkeep of their homes by performing various cleaning duties. Duties include cleaning floors, sanitizing bathrooms, removing cobwebs, dusting shelves and furniture, washing windows, scrubbing sinks and toilets, emptying trash cans and taking out the general garbage, vacuuming rugs and carpets, organizing closets and cupboards; washing dishes; preparing beds; laundering clothing; ironing clothing and household linens; and even cooking meals. The top skills for this position are customer service skills, physical stamina (for lifting heavy items), problem solving skills to methodically clean each area of a space regardless of its layout or clutter, interaction with people (to inform clients which areas have been cleaned and which areas still need attention). A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position along with a background in housekeeping.
The Best House Cleaner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real House Cleaner resumes for your reference.
- Housekeeper with extensive cleaning experience.
- My current position consists of thoroughly cleaning a household, from scrubbing bathroom showers and sinks to cleaning up bedrooms and living areas.
- Vacuuming and mopping is another daily task that is done within the home.
- Maintained a five-star customer rating for over three years based on my efficient, thorough, and consistent cleaning services.
- Developed my work into managing teams of house cleaners during the past two years.
- Responsible for making my own organic Green Bee Cleaning products such as; floor cleaner, granite cleaner, shower cleaner, etc.
- Responsible for leaving an invoice for the customer with the time it took to clean the house and the total amount to be paid for that time.
- Responsible for dropping off cash or checks to the office for hours of cleaning.
- Filling out a timesheet with mileage, hours cleaning, invoice amount, and cash or check.
- Reduced company overhead by implementing new detailing standards that increased productivity with no extra work hours.
- Demonstrated honest and trustworthy work ethic in client homes.
- Organized private staff appreciation outings to increase employee morale and loyalty to the company through team-building events with cooking contests, karaoke nights, and ice cream socials.
- Fulfilled client requests while maintaining an excellent company reputation.
- Consistently exceeded client expectations in order to guarantee future services.
- Received commendations from customers regarding exceptional service; responsible for training team members in all aspects of efficient home cleaning services.
- Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines.
- Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards.
- Regularly interacted with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Maintained smooth and timely operations in the preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation.
- Flawlessly completed assigned cleaning tasks in less than 3 hours; recognized for dedication to excellence by the manager.
- Dusted and wiped all lighting fixtures, shelves, and windowsills of the house.
- Moved, cleaned, and rearranged the household furniture, as required.
- Used appropriate cleaning procedures and utilized effective cleaning products, efficiently.
- Executed all house cleaning tasks according to established cleanliness standards.
- Performed other duties, such as laundry, dishwashing, and changing linens.
- I have been cleaning houses and businesses for almost 12 years.
- Have had many of the same clients for several years.
- Have to go into homes and businesses and give estimates and quotes before acquiring the job.
- Taught co-workers to refine housecleaning techniques, resulting in improved work quality and productivity.
- Effectively resolved customer complaints via telephone regarding billing disputes, schedule changes, and a lost receipt.
- Cleaned offices, banks, and some houses on a daily, weekly, or bi-weekly schedule.
- From a simple Clean witch included throwing the trash, vacuuming wipes down tables and windows restocking the coffee area if one was available.
- Also did deep cleaning on occasions witch was waxing floors, cleaning baseboards, wiping down the fan blades, etc.
- Recognized as a self-motivated worker who at all times performed services with sincere care for client satisfaction.
- Implemented cost savings initiatives by removing expired products from storage and refraining from purchasing unnecessary supplies on the client’s behalf.
- Seamlessly handle all facets of an individual organization, including scheduling appointments, providing outstanding customer service, managing back-office duties, and completing all accounting functions.
- Earn consistent repeat and referral business through superior efforts.
- Maintain effective communication with all clients to ensure complete satisfaction and bring attention to outstanding issues.
- Consistently prove keen ability to produce excellent results independently, taking pride in performance.
- Provided exceptional service to clients by cleaning their homes with great attention to detail, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Responsibilities included cleaning and dusting all rooms, bathrooms, kitchens.
- Detailed cleaning of all floor types.
- Providing great customer service and satisfaction was always a great accomplishment.
- Established lasting relationships built on trust and respect with employers through high-quality continuous effort.
- Received seven awards for the cleanest home in town, friendliest customer service, highest productivity levels, best-dressed housekeeper, reaching sales quota every month.
- Performs cleaning duties to maintain private homes in a clean and healthy manner.
- Performs any combination of the following services to keep private homes clean and healthy.
- Performs all duties in an honest and safe manner; delivers quality, efficient, and courteous service.
- Performs additional project work as assigned by the Team Leader when required, such as oven/grill cleaning, refrigerator cleaning, kitchen cabinet cleaning, and wood floor cleaning.
- Employed over 5 years in the same position; reaching seniority level of a senior house cleaner.
- Removed waste paper and other trash from the premises to the designated area.
- Disinfected and mopped bathrooms to keep them sanitary and clean.
- Collected trash and moved garbage cans from kitchen areas to pick-up stations.
- Used chemicals and other cleaning equipment in a proper, safe and responsible manner.
- Dedicated to professional growth through exemplary attendance at four hours of daily training courses held at YMCA throughout employment.
- Responsible for cleaning vacation homes in Austin.
- Vacation Homes were to be fully stocked with any daily essentials while staying in these homes.
- There were 16 vacation homes that were currently being rented out by tourists, Convention Attendees, or just family from out of town.
- Provided superior customer service by ensuring customers were completely satisfied with house cleaning services performed.
- Maintained a clean environment for people to live, work, and play by keeping houses, offices, and public spaces neat and uncluttered.
How to Become a Successful House Cleaner?
Educational requirements typically aren’t present for this career, but a high school diploma or a GED, as well as a driver’s license and a minimum age requirement of eighteen, will typically help you to get a position.
You will usually begin by working for a service where you will start out for a period of time teamed up with other more experienced workers who will teach you company policies and the basics of finishing a job.
Gaining experience from those who have more will allow you to finish your work more efficiently, and most customers want to hire individuals who clean well and quickly so the speed is definitely a valuable skill to have.
Once you feel comfortable, you can set out on your own if you want to begin freelance work. This will require you to provide your own supplies and set your own schedule, so business management skills are a must if you want this.
Whether you choose to stay with a service or freelance, being polite to customers and making sure that you do a thorough job every time will allow you to build a reputation as a good worker that customers will want to keep hiring.
A house cleaner is an individual who goes into homes and ensures that they are clean and organized, frequently on a scheduled basis as set by the customer. They can work for a service that employs many such cleaners or they can be freelance and hire out themselves as an individual to customers to clean their homes independently.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.