Housekeeping Managers supervise a team of housekeepers to ensure that the store is kept clean and tidy at all times. Duties include assigning tasks to team members, verifying that tasks are completed correctly, monitoring the safety and cleanliness of the surrounding areas, maintaining records for safety inspections, enforcing safety procedures, and conducting monthly safety meetings. Excellent customer service skills are essential when wanting to be a Housekeeping Manager, but success in this position also requires supervisory skills, communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. The minimum educational requirement is an associate degree.
The Best Housekeeping Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Housekeeping Manager resumes for your reference.
- Employee Development & Retention including – hiring, terminations, performance evaluations, coaching, counseling, and training.
- Adhere and enforce all company policies and procedures as well as all State and Federal regulations.
- Continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public areas including pool, spa, lobby, dining room, meeting room, halls.
- Demonstrated a strong work ethic and interest in customer service.
- Effectively maintained industry standards of cleanliness, safety, and security at the workplace.
- Planning, organizing, and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event, and post-event crews.
- Purchase, re-order, and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Performed all duties with a positive attitude; received the outstanding quality award during six months at a luxury boutique hotel for maintaining standard through all departments with great satisfaction from both management, employees, and guests.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and train a highly motivated team.
- Increased revenue by implementing new ideas that resulted in full occupancy daily.
- Conducted daily property inspections to ensure staff efficiency, productivity, and guest satisfaction.
- Established and maintained an excellent relationship with the local Police Station through daily policing and security measures.
- Remodeled, organized, and restocked supply room while offering assistance to housekeeping staff with daily needs.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, seating areas, washrooms, and all public spaces.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses; purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule and ensures proper staffing for each day.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Steadily increased profit margin by refining cost-control systems and implementing new marketing strategies.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms, and back of the house areas are cleaned.
- Monitoring work orders submit to Engineer, follow up on works orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Balance and clear room’s status nightly, compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS rooms status report and resolved any discrepancies.
- Promoted productive staff interaction with three departments that had historically been hostile toward one another; improved interdepartmental communications, morale, and profitability.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing the day-to-day operations of our 4 star/4 diamond properties.
- Ensure the housekeeping operation is properly ready to perform daily AM and PM business.
- Responsible for the inspection and upkeep of 192 guest rooms between both hotels.
- Sold additional services such as linen rental to the guest for a surprisingly high return.
- Answered the phone quickly, accurately, and politely to customers inquiring about rates; maintained a clean lobby environment 24/7/365.
- Accomplished managerial professional possessing more than ten years of experience in hospitality management, housekeeping operations, and service delivery.
- A respected leader who can inspire staff through coaching, training, and effective performance management.
- Focused on providing an exceptional guest experience with a proven record of guest satisfaction and achievement of key performance indicators.
- Assigned duties to front-line staff with efficiency and purpose.
- Managed a staff of six.
- Prepare daily assignment sheets for all housekeeping and porter associates.
- Assist in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival, as well as monitoring all special guests and requests.
- Compile and report accurate room status of guest rooms to the front office.
- Review schedules daily to ensure proper staffing for the AM and PM shifts.
- Establish good cleaning and preventative maintenance program to ensure the appearance and life of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Manage 221 luxury guestrooms, bar, public areas, cafeteria, fitness center, restrooms, and both.
- Manage, hire, coach, train, and discipline 41 Local 6 Division A employees.
- Assure budgeting, payroll, scheduling, purchasing, and Linen are done promptly and comply with CBA.
- Conduct monthly purchase of inventories for linen, guest and cleaning supplies, and updated checkbook.
- Attained General Manager and Director positions within 12 months.
- Responsible for managing the overall operations of the housekeeping department.
- Responsible for payroll and scheduling, inventory control, purchasing department supplies, and maintaining vendor relations.
- Work closely with the engineering department and design team for preventative maintenance and renovation projects.
- Trained new staff, developed co-workers’ skills, and shared in the practical application of guest service skills and techniques.
- Served in over 200 hospitality functions worldwide, including several international conventions and meetings for more than 500 attendees.
- Primary responsible daily and weekly for the department’s payroll including almost 200 employees.
- Assisting with the following functions as opening the house, quality assurance in public spaces, guest rooms, inventory.
- Maintaining close communication with Front Desk and Engineering departments reporting and resolving maintenance issues.
- Inspecting guestrooms with special attention to VIP and group blocks, preparing departure, discrepancy, and other reports.
- Effectively managed the daily operations of a four-bedroom house with three employees.
- Supervised a team of room attendants and maintenance staff to ensure cleanliness, proper maintenance of rooms/public areas, and adherence to hotel standards.
- Implement Standards of Practice within all Housekeeping areas to ensure consistent service delivery and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Control distribution of Housekeeping supplies to ensure proper use and adherence to departmental budget.
- Handle inter-departmental communications to address all guest, Front desk, and Crew desk issues and ensure that issues were resolved in an effective and efficient manner.
- Effectively managed fourteen employees, who supervised four departments in a 1,000+ gross square foot apartment building.
How to Become a Successful Housekeeping Manager?
No education is required, but a high school diploma or a GED will help you to get your first position in the field along with a driver’s license. Some experience with cleaning will also be very helpful if added to your application.
You will typically start in an entry-level position with other new employees, where you will be under the mentorship of a more experienced employee. Your duties will mostly consist of cleaning and keeping track of supplies at the facility.
Gaining teamwork skills will be very important to your success, as you will need to one day learn to manage others in the role you want to have and that will require you to work well with others and learn how to solve problems together.
After you have gained experience and been promoted to manager, you will want to make sure you know everything the facility needs to stay running smoothly. The happiness of your guests is your top priority and always will be.
Going forward you will want to be organized and have good customer service skills, as you will want both your customers and your employees to be happy with the facility and how you run it, which will always make it more profitable.
In hotels and other hospitality services, a housekeeping manager has the important job of ensuring there are sufficient employees with the proper training to keep the facility clean and enjoyable for customers. They schedule all cleaning and ensure that their workers have sufficient supplies to do their jobs and that customers are happy with the end result.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.