A Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all operations within a restaurant. Their duties include managing all employees of the restaurant, managing the schedule of the restaurant, maintaining oversight of all food served, managing inventory, ensuring customer satisfaction, maintaining the sanitation and cleanliness of the restaurant, and training new employees.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Restaurant Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Restaurant Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Effectively supervised the development of the banquet services department, which consisted of banquet services employees in both food and dj operations.
- Managed all facets of the department to assure quality customer service.
- Created a plan for clientele to make reservations, make food and beverage recommendations, provide server training, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promoted staff members to manage specific areas within the department, increasing their efficiency in providing excellent customer service.
- Recognized by management for outstanding performance; effectively handled customer complaints in meeting company guidelines for handling complaints appropriately.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Received recognition for outstanding performance in customer service, while maintaining the highest rating possible.
- Recognized for being a top performer in marketing promotions; achieved over 90% success rate while working with limited resources.
- Participated in company-sponsored team building workshops by achieving exceptional results.
- Initiated successful marketing strategies, resulting in increased food revenue of 17%.
- Received exemplary rating from upper management for outstanding results during annual employee appraisals.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Received recognition for supervising the best breakfast staff of the month.
- Directed team of 20 servers to exceed an average daily food ticket of $8,000.00.
- Achieved award for being the leading server team for “Total Ticket.”
- Earned recognition as a customer service Superstar; identified and resolved guest concerns in a friendly, helpful manner by suggesting solutions that enhanced the guest’s dining experience.
- Initiative to improve monthly sales numbers by 15 percent—receiving attention from Human Resources Representative as an employee who is an emerging leader within company standards.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Supervised and trained 15 line cooks and 2 dishwashers to ensure company foodservice quality standards were met.
- Provided the best service to customers; personally checked tables to ensure everything was satisfactory.
- Personally reorganized kitchen area, redesigned menu boards, created employee incentive program, identified training needs for all employees, and eliminated theft by implementing inventory control system.
- Implemented new software system which streamlined ordering, tracking, and paying for food products.
- Reorganized personnel records by streamlining business operation which saved the company up to $150 per month in filing fees.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- The recruited employee who achieved the award for highest sales in the region; supported employee in preparation for the certification exam.
- Acted as liaison between finance and kitchen staff to ensure efficient payment of supplier invoices.
- Earned recognition for extraordinary customer service at the Diner, the restaurant I supervised. Customers were impressed by the personal attention given to their needs, which included following up on complaints, suggesting alternatives, handling special requests, and offering assistance during times of crisis.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to customer service issues. Recognition was based on high scores in survey ratings from customers who had visited the Diner.
- Managed the operations of the Diner; successfully supervised a staff of customer service representatives.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in the opening of a restaurant; was responsible for coordinating with outside suppliers and architect Williams’ 1-800 Building Corp. for all interior and exterior concepts.
- Began to add servers, kitchen staff, and dishwashers; assisted in team-building activities such as softball and water skiing.
- Trained new managers; trained approach to managing a large volume of guests at a fast-paced restaurant service line.
- Supervised a team of eight employees to develop a team leader’s training plan which included developing leadership skills, promoting customer service, maintaining uniform standards throughout the store, achieving financial goals, and maintaining good working relationships with other managers.
- Developed a training program for servers which included how to greet customers, knowledge of menu items, and proper table setting technique.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Hired, trained, and developed a team of servers to ensure high customer service levels and a positive dining experience.
- Implemented a cost-cutting measure that resulted in a total revenue increase of 40%.
- Developed a method for training dishwashers that increased productivity by 54% within the first six months.
- Received outstanding quality award for training procedures, which reduced payroll costs by 10%.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had eaten at the restaurant.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Coordinated activities associated with six restaurants; identified needs to strengthen operations; coordinated the activities of multiple establishments; collaborated with company agents.
- Selected high-quality staff members; developed a training program for managers to develop management skills.
- Grew sales by 20%; developed unique sales techniques, including aggressive pricing strategy and minimum wage guarantee.
- Accomplished sales goals for each restaurant by exceeding the target budget.
- Accomplished sales goals for each restaurant by beating the target revenue goals that were established prior to opening date of each restaurant.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Reorganized restaurant to improve inventory control.
- Participated in the development of new recipes for soup and salad on regular basis.
- Increased price point for restaurant menu items; increased the number of food servings per day on average.
- Increased customer satisfaction rating on a regular basis; improved staffing rate on a routine basis.
- Supervised a shift, motivated staff, and ensured effective service was being delivered to guests at all times.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Received awards for boosting restaurant revenue, including months with the most food and beverage sales revenue.
- Achieved award for most employee applications processed by any manager in department history.
- Earned outstanding customer satisfaction review; maintained consistency in providing superb customer service by maintaining a courteous attitude toward restaurant patrons.
- Recognized for outstanding team leader skills; led the team that exceeded all bottom-line objectives by 26% without exceeding average per-person expenditures.
- Awarded with an exceptional performance award based on employee feedback gathered from daily evaluations of management personnel.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Supervised the daily operations of a restaurant that produced top-rated food with sold-out food service.
- Monitored customer satisfaction, including feedback obtained from customers who had completed surveys.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by Regional Manager after closing a restaurant purchase loan in under 30 days.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively monitored costs of food service, including kitchen supplies, pantry supplies, and equipment costs.
- Earned recognition for achieving significant savings on items purchased from vendors through negotiations.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Stocked and maintained inventory of food, supplies, and materials.
- Maintained a high level of customer satisfaction; won an award for dedication to customers.
- Mentored new employees; guided them to make correct decisions during stressful situations.
- Reduced turnover rate by 50%.
- Won award for excellence.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Ensured that operations were effectively supervised.
- Recognized for excellent performance with the Hospitality Restaurant Superstars program.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to customer surveys.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Earned respect as a top-notch restaurant management team member; effectively communicated with all staff to implement changes.
Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Assumed responsibility for directing activities at employee dining room; included serving meals, providing customer service, and assisting in cleaning.
- Acted as liaison between corporate office and employees; responded to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Refocused the goals of the employee dining room in response to company restructuring; developed new catering packages that increased revenues by 20%.
- Directed efforts of staff to resolve customer complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Received superior rating from Regional Director of Operations for outstanding job performance.
In order to work as a Restaurant Supervisor you will only need a high school diploma. Some employers may require certification or a degree in management. Restaurant Supervisor must exhibit the ability to manage personnel, possess communication skills, be a problem-solver, exhibit leadership skills, be dependable, be customer service driven, and be flexible in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Restaurant Supervisor Resume Samples
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Restaurant Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up