These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Resident Advisor resumes for your reference.
- Promote an inclusive living environment by organizing events for residents.
- Responsible for enforcing college policy and rules and documenting any violations.
- Collaborate with other Resident Advisors to plan events and communicate concerns with the Residence Director.
- Assist in the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of the clients’ holistic plan.
- Generate a monthly report and contract documentation as needed by the case manager and social worker.
- Conduct workshops on various life-skill issues, such as hygiene, anger management, self-esteem, and problem solving.
- Provides hands-on support and training with daily living skills: planning and preparing nutritious meals, maintaining living space, personal hygiene, and budgeting, money management – including banking and paying bills.
- Regularly assess and trains participants to care for their health and hygiene and maintain their living space.
- Monitors and documents client self-administration of medication, according to program policy and procedures.
- Conducts regular apartment inspections, and oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts director of maintenance problems.
- Build a sense of community among residents by hosting programs, creating connections between residents,modeling school spirit, and mediating a supportive environment.
- Research, write, implement, and adapt programs and activities for 30 residents that support their personal, academic, and professional development.
- Prioritize appropriate steps to take in an emerging or unexpected situation, such as a social conflict, academic anxiety, or a personal crisis.
- Created a positive living environment that fostered the educational and social development of students in a safe environment.
- Organized numerous student-centered programs to promote the academic, personal, mental and physical growth of the students.
- Supervised the residence hall to enforce residence life policies and addressed issues while working on- call duty rounds.
- Worked with team of resident advisors to manage residence hall of about 400 undergraduate residents.
- Created and put on educational programs and advisement to residents.
- Kept residents and building safe and secure through conducting floor rounds and desk shifts, along with enforcing University policies.
- Resource for residents for any of their needs: Educational, health, psychological, etc.
- Conduct needs assessments to determine appropriate services and to develop goals and case plans.
- Link clients with social services and assist in applying for welfare programs.
- Monitor client activities to ensure a safe and secure environment and conduct room searches.
- Participate in monthly team meetings to evaluate client progress and to assess needs.
- Ensure client maintains behavioral health plans by following up with respective mental health workers and administering medication as prescribe.
- Develop positive productive relationships with the students who reside on your floor.
- Strict attention to detail and responsible for hospital runs and all emergency related situations for children in assigned building as well as all children residing.
- Maintain an excellent rapport with student charges and are consistent with the EF customer service responsibilities.
- Supervise and monitor residents age 18-21 yrs old, complete Basic Assessment and Individualized Service Plans.
- Respond to crisis and emergency situations; determine the most appropriate reaction in accordance with case history and court policies and procedures for adolescents considered at-risk.
- Act as a liaison and refer youth to legal aid services for various situations including immigration, criminal, domestic, and housing matters, as well as food, clothing, shelter and counseling services.
- Consult with medical staff, treatment agency staff and others regarding the status, needs and progress of assigned youths; participate in development and modification of treatment plans.
- Establish a positive floor community, lead group discussion, create execute floor activities.
- Demonstrating good work habits including: balancing multiple responsibilities, timeliness in their work and manners, and being approachable to a diverse audience of students.
- Displaying successful academic work habits and a positive attitude towards learning.
- Directly responsible for managing a residential floor with up to 34 diverse upperclassmen students.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of candidates for Resident Director and Advisor positions.
- Develop an array of events that support the social interaction and educational growth of residents.
- Served as a mentor and advisor for 30 first year students, while enforcing university policy.
- Worked as a team with other resident advisors to develop a successful hall community.
- Utilized organizational, creativity, and public speaking skills to create and present hall programs to educate residents about critical issues.
- Serving on an emergency on call rotation of 300 students ensuring safety, and managing facilities.