A Clinical Research Manager performs both clinical and administrative duties during a research trial. Their duties include planning the budget, attending meetings, maintaining supplies, recruiting staff, making sure protocols are followed, designing research, and implementing research.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Clinical Research Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Clinical Research Manager resumes for your reference.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed a team of four individuals involved in clinical investigator trials. Coordinated activities between clinical investigators and research coordinators.
- Effectively managed relationships with key personnel to ensure effective data collection and enrollment of study participants. Conducted performance reviews.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented annual budget for project groups by conducting forecasting sessions with key personnel; effectively managed budgets for studies being conducted.
- Received outstanding performance award for developing an average project duration on clinical trials that was the fastest among all projects within the region since implementation of new protocols; managed quality control measures for studies conducted by other study coordinators within the region due to their high quality profiles.
- Received outstanding performance award for consistently achieving non-pipeline enrollment and average duration of studies conducted by project group.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 2
- Supervised a staff of ten CMA’s and three CM’s working in a 250-person outpatient setting. Developed procedures to ensure study flow and compliance with cGMP, GLP, and ICH guidelines.
- Designed statistical analyses for clinical trials in a multi-center, multi-state environment; oversaw the collection of data from multiple sites.
- Developed work plans for the development of new clinical trials; these plans were presented to corporate VPs on a monthly basis.
- Supervised an evaluation of contract research organizations (CROs) to determine their ability to conduct studies in accordance with cGMP, GLP, and ICH guidelines.
- Conceived and developed an innovative educational program that provided training in standard operating procedures (SOPs) for staff; effectively presented the program for a group of 250 employees.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed patient recruitment and treatment process as per companies’ guidelines.
- Facilitated patient enrollment and treatment process in compliance with federal regulations.
- Coordinated and guided physicians on accepting Referrals from Kaiser Permanente, from the Medical Center Health Plan, Hotels and Inns, University Hospitals, Community & Social Services Agencies, Child Daycare Centers, Local Lodging & Restaurant Association.
- Recruited adult outpatients for clinical research studies by inviting them to participate in table advertising campaigns at the various medical centers where Kaiser Permanente contracted with a number of clinics.
- Initiated a call monitoring program; effectively performed daily call evaluations to ensure quality assessment and adherence to medical center standards.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed client assessment forms, notes, and other assessments to come up with a final diagnosis.
- Approved off-label prescriptions for patients.
- Collected data on depression and its treatment from the 2006 Collaborative Study of Depression in Primary Care that was conducted by the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Aging, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Researchers. Conducted an analysis detecting relationships between depression and drug conditions.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 5
- Reduced the time it takes to collect and compile data by 80%.
- Reduced turnaround time for study approval/disapproval, thereby reducing the time it takes to start a study.
- Achieved 87% customer satisfaction rating on customer satisfaction survey, exceeding internal goals.
- Maintained 100% compliance with all applicable federal regulations.
- Achieved ISO registration within one year after hiring; significant achievement that earned praise from the CEO and $150,000 savings in regulatory fees.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 6
- Arranged and staffed 24-hour call center clinical research operations in an effort to increase clinical trials, drug approvals, and to bring more awareness and benefits to human health.
- Gathered, collated, analyzed and interpreted data for clinical trials for the production of various research drugs; successfully completed studies as well as additional follow-up studies.
- Directed staff training sessions; helped organize work schedules for call center positions.
- Directed general office staff on confidentiality matters regarding research activities in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; in cooperation with the pharmaceutical industry, accomplished key projects during critical times.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 7
- Compiled and analyzed patient medical records for the purpose of determining eligibility and suitability for participation in research studies.
- Monitored the progress of research studies to ensure follow-through on all required components (protocols and conditions).
- Aided in achieving company financial goals by streamlining efforts to improve target market share, minimize expenses and enhance profit margins.
- Completed tasks within project deadlines; recognized by peers as a leader in research team initiatives.
- Presented at monthly staff meetings on ways to enhance management tactics and encourage productivity.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 8
- Assisted the Director in overseeing a team of clinical research associates.
- Selected for outstanding performance for making protocol and study documentation error free.
- Multi-tasked within a high-paced environment; performed duties as study coordinator, protocol co-ordinator, data quality assurance, and data integrity manager.
- Achieved recognition as a Team Player who contributed to the overall success of the department through collaboration with others, featured on the Clinical Research newsletter.
- Recommended for “Rising Star” award by peers; consistently fostered professional connections and relationships, contributing to growth in department.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 9
- Analyzed data related to clinical research and managed daily operations of the clinical trial; assisted in the preparation and distribution of various reports pertaining to these trials.
- Coordinated data collection and analysis for safety, effectiveness, and tolerability studies to ensure timely delivery of results.
- Maintained a balance between work and personal life while balancing multiple projects on deadline.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for making significant contributions during a difficult time by covering several positions during a holiday week.
- Received outstanding quality award; skillfully managed the process of data collection and analysis in several trials.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 10
- Succeeded in obtaining research funds from the National Institutes of Health.
- Met with representatives from the National Institutes of Health to ensure that the appropriate staff was available to complete research projects within budget.
- Monitored funding sources to ensure fund availability for approved projects.
- Conducted quarterly meetings with staff to address problems and concerns and identify goals for future research studies.
- Scheduled research studies to ensure that the department met productivity goals.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 11
- Effectively managed 15 staff members in a Clinical Study to coordinate patients’ schedules and meet study objectives; recognized for outstanding managerial performance.
- Improved client retention rates by 55% through the use of customer service surveys and consistent follow-ups with patients; received commendation from Executive Director.
- Led a team of 10 staff members to achieve an increase in trial enrollment by 43% over the previous year; recognized for exceptional leadership skills.
- Recruited 20 volunteers from the community to execute a pulmonary function study; recruited more volunteers than any other study in the past 4 years.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively recorded data related to trial enrollment.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 12
- Recruited and supervised staff members including nurses, statisticians, social workers, and case managers to create a competitive clinical research program based on physician/patient pain management, effectiveness studies, and other clinical research projects.
- Directed the recruitment of new patients for clinical trials.
- Directed the recruitment of new volunteers for research studies.
- Oversaw staffs of medical professionals who participated in clinical trials that utilized data from the medical records of volunteers.
- Achieved award for Interim Manager in Clinical Research Program category; provided data on the success of trial participants.
Clinical Research Manager Resume Sample 13
- Participated and assisted in the planning and execution of clinical research studies.
- Proficient in tracking and adhering to study schedules; proficient with recruiting subjects for studies, coordinating subjects’ visits, and collecting completed dosing forms.
- Worked closely with research staff to coordinate recruitment efforts for studies.
- Coordinated documentation of clinical safety data sheets and discarded data as per protocol requirements.
- Promoted quality care by ensuring that patient treatment plan was followed through to completion in addition to ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
Educational requirements are at least a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus additional studies in ethics, healthcare management, and case management. A clinical research manager should demonstrate these skills: leadership, accuracy, attention to detail, time management, communication skills, responsibility, ability to coach others, and customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.