Chemotherapy Nurses administer and monitor the patient receiving chemotherapeutic agents as ordered by physicians. Their duties consist of working closely with oncologists and pharmacists, getting patient histories, collecting specimens, evaluating the effectiveness of treatment, and educating patients on treatment and follow-up care.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Chemotherapy Nurse resumes for your reference.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Studied various types of chemotherapies and evaluated their effectiveness in treating cancer patients.
- Demonstrated ability to treat cancer patients with compassion and understanding.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care, understanding, and a strong ethical code of medicine.
- Promoted a positive attitude toward work; demonstrated contribution beyond the call of duty.
- Taught Cancer Nursing students with clarity, accuracy, and passion; always willing to share knowledge with coworkers.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Responsible for on-call coverage for the ICU, in addition to extensive night and weekend coverage.
- Maintained high standards of clinical appearance and professionalism.
- Recognized by White House Initiative to Fight AIDS and Hepatitis C as a high-performing nurse; established ancillary service contracts with area physicians.
- Achieved award for highest on-time performance of over 95% during 12 months; multiple hospital staff members commented on her performance.
- Received award for highest customer satisfaction rating.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Met clients’ needs and administered their chemotherapy treatments for all forms of cancer within the hospital.
- Earned outstanding performance award for exceeding expectations and maintaining the highest standards of patient care.
- Maintained the safety of patients by issuing reports to physicians regarding destructive effects of chemotherapy agents.
- Recognized for providing compassionate care; made daily visits to clients throughout their hospitalization.
- Understood patients’ needs and provided them with intensive care as a member of the Client Service Intervention Team.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Consistently met the accreditation standards of the Commission on Cancer.
- Received appreciation and recognition award for outstanding performance; demonstrated commitment to safe, quality patient care.
- Trained new hire employees.
- Established standard nursing care plans for patients and documented with each case record.
- Effectively responded to emergency situations; helped stabilize patients and provided life-saving treatment in a timely manner.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Monitored, administered and/or maintained records of measurements and drug dosages for assigned medical oncology patients.
- Performed complex blood tests to determine chemotherapy dosage in order to aid the treatment process; completed reported charts and other forms as directed.
- Performed routine laboratory tests as directed by physicians.
- Demonstrated excellent sense of chemistry while assisting Dr. Munter in his work on his experiment’s which allowed him to create the cure for cancer.
- Demonstrated great work ethic while performing procedures such as dialysis and injections, so that patients would receive the most quality treatment possible, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgeries, etc…
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Raised awareness of breast cancer among cancer suffering patients.
- Maintained patient confidentiality without fail.
- Employed appropriate dosages and procedures in caring for patients, which resulted in fewer late bookings due to missed treatments.
- Achieved award for excellence as a nurse, based on performance and customer service; received prestigious award from the American Cancer Society.
- Performed system maintenance efficiently to ensure nurse’s knowledge base was up-to-date and accurate at all times; recognized as “Superstar” by administrator/supervisor for best-in-class nurse’s ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Accurately administered chemotherapy drugs to patients through IV, IM, and PO routes while maintaining strict confidentiality. confidentially.
- Acted as a liaison between medical staff, patients and/or families; applicable to departmental documentation, treatment protocol and patient/family education.
- Successfully managed the care of a large number of terminally ill patients within budget; minimized patient discomfort during the administration of Chemo-therapy drugs.
- Experienced problem solver; resolved patient care issues to include billing problems regarding insurance coverage and lack of satisfactory living arrangements for outpatients.
- Certified in Infection Control; implemented infection control policies and procedures to include proper hand washing, disinfecting of medications, needle safety, and daily hygiene.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Provided support services to terminally ill cancer patients, including medication monitoring and patient education.
- Improved the quality of care by attending in-service training classes on new medications; effectively used in-service training to maintain certification on new medication procedures.
- Trained nursing assistants on administering medications using a computer program.
- Achieved recognition for providing quality care as voted by patient satisfaction survey results.
- Received outstanding employee award for providing compassionate care to patients and their families.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Refused to compromise professional standards in order to maintain a relationship with a patron.
- Managed the chemo rooms and communicated with patients, their families and nurses about personal care issues.
- Communicated effectively and efficiently with nurses, doctors and other administrators on chemotherapy treatments; educated patients regarding the treatment regimen and followed prescribed dosages of medications.
- Performed well in an unfamiliar situation (night shift).
- Received award for exceptional quality of nursing care; effectively communicated with co-workers, physicians, and patient relatives about patient’s condition during chemotherapy treatments; performed well according to patient feedback received from family members.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Aided in the treatment of cancer patients by administering chemotherapy drugs on time and in the proper dosage amounts.
- Updated patient charts and documented the progress of patients regularly.
- Assisted other nurses with special projects.
- Organized and set-up the space for patients to receive chemo treatments; including medication, supplies, and equipment.
- Monitored patient progress including taking vital signs, tracking weight/body mass index (BMI), as well as health concerns such as nausea, vomiting, hair loss, fatigue, etc.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Achieved status as an hero on the Intensive Care unit; adhered to strict guidelines while ensuring that I.V. fluids, monitoring equipment, and supplies were delivered promptly to patients.
- Received award for outstanding performance; developed a Superstar’s approach to nursing care and consistently used this approach in all types of situations.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; provided excellent customer service by practicing positive communication skills with patients and families while avoiding distractions.
- Developed excellent rapport with physicians and nurses at both the emergency room and a medical center hospital.
- Achieved award for outdoing client satisfaction ratings; successfully treated multiple patients, consistently exceeding expectations.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Developed knowledge of: evidence based practice models, research and QA/QC tools.
- Acquired knowledge of the relationship between isotopes and pharmacology: the disposition of radioactive material in the body and a variety of physical and chemical properties.
- Made informed decisions regarding medication administration in response to patient symptoms, body weight, age, time elapsed since prior dose administration or physician instruction.
- Created appropriate medications for infants using standard-of-care protocols to ensure patient safety.
- Grantor for New Hampshire School Nurses Association’s “Most Valuable Nurse” award; recognized by colleagues for service above and beyond the call of duty.
Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Participated in maintaining patient’s blood pressure and heart rate during chemotherapy treatments.
- Increased productivity of the chemotherapy unit by helping patients learn how to use various machines.
- Received outstanding quality award for three consecutive years for maintaining excellent customer ratings on a five-star scale; recognized by supervisor for understanding “how our team works together.”
- Received outstanding quality award from the unit supervisor for understanding “how our team works together” and performing exceptionally well at maintaining patients’ means of comfort, privacy, dignity, and compatibility.
- Recipient of award for maintaining outstanding quality rating at work; worked with medical staff on a day-to-day basis to help patients remain as comfortable as possible.
To work as a Chemotherapy Nurse you must complete an undergraduate degree in Nursing and obtain licensure as a registered nurse (RN) and OCN certification. Chemotherapy Nurses must demonstrate compassion, attention to detail, professionalism, time management, cultural awareness, communication, and critical thinking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Samples
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Chemotherapy Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up