A microsoft exchange administrator is someone who works with a company to ensure cyber safety, and manages microsoft exchange. Duties include conducting account management, providing safe email servers, managing client software, troubleshooting, administering and watching over access privileges, and performing various other administrative duties.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Microsoft Exchange Administrator resumes for your reference.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Migrated from Microsoft Mail to a fault-tolerant, highly available Exchange server by adding a second network adapter and configuring redundant SCSI disks.
- Managed the Exchange 2000 Server cluster by diagnosing storage faults through event logging and performing regular backup checks.
- Implemented a corporate wide dial-up Internet connection for SOHO users utilizing an ISA server that has been load balanced with four separate DSL modems on the same subnet.
- Reduced daily Administrative overhead by automating system settings using group policy objects (GPOs) in Windows 2003 Active Directory.
- Performed as Acting Email Administrator during mom’s maternity leave; successfully solved user issues, monitored backups, and scheduled preventative maintenance.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Installed, configured, and administered Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 for a company of over 5000 users.
- Oversaw the rollout of new Exchange servers, working with end-users and management to ensure a smooth transition.
- Managed disaster recovery procedures for Exchange Server, including backup and restoration of mailboxes, public folders, and Active Directory.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for managing Exchange Server 2010 in an organization with multiple locations.
- Wrote training materials and conducted training sessions on Exchange Server 2010 for end-users and administrators.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Configured Microsoft Exchange to work with Active Directory, Windows Mobile Device Center, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Accomplished seamless transition of domain controllers from on-premise Exchange Server 2003 environment to new cloud-based Exchange 2010 server platform.
- Reconfigured e-mail system for two business units after being downsized; restored service within 24 hours while satisfying SLA requirement.
- Identified security risks before they became problems resulting in the prevention of potential customer data loss.
- Presented “Microsoft Public Folders” at seminar for peers; increased understanding among IT staff members on how Public Folders functioned.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Spearheaded the installation of Microsoft Exchange 2010 for five remote locations, while achieving 100 percent inbox reliability.
- Updated email clients on over 500 workstations to support the migration from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 resulting in an improved office-wide communication network.
- Trained 50 new employees on Windows 7 and Office 2007 within two months, generating a self-sufficient workforce that contributes to our company’s bottom line.
- Developed three critical reports regarding system health and determined root cause which yielded the complete redesign of the messaging environment.
- Identified user community needs; implemented four solution enhancements, including two automated batch scripts; effectively decreased administrative time by 40 percent.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Increased email system reliability by successfully implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving issues with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010.
- Proven ability to provide superior customer service through timely response to help desk tickets.
- Earned a reputation as a go-to resource for problem solving and training others on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010.
- Recipient of the Microsoft MVP award (Most Valuable Professional) for technical excellence in support of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Administered Microsoft Exchange 2010 servers in a 24×7 mission-critical environment, supporting over 5,000 users.
- Monitored and troubleshot email, voice, and video issues; resolved problems with the help of Level 2 support staff.
- Planned and implemented Exchange 2010 upgrades and migrations; successfully completed multiple projects on time and under budget.
- Led a team of five administrators in providing world-class customer service to end users.
- Received an award for excellence from the CEO for contributions to the company’s email system.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Aided in design and implementation of new Exchange 2000 Server environment.
- Completed initial implementation project prior to deadline; recognized by supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Provided technical support during upgrades, installations, and routine troubleshooting on computer hardware/software/Microsoft family products.
- Efficiently resolved problems with no negative impact to end users; built up user trust via personal interactions with customers.
- Increased efficiency by working closely with all departments to configure servers, set up shared mailboxes, configure AD, NTFS permissions etc., migrate systems to new servers (e.g., departmental mailboxes, public folders), implement Internet security policy etc.; fulfilled all requests within allotted timeframes.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Designed and developed project timeline to migrate all users on existing server environment to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- Maintained company-wide messaging system by implementing best practices.
- Identified, researched, resolved technical issues affecting all users within assigned time frame.
- Effectively managed teams by facilitating team collaboration through Google Docs, shared calendars, file sharing, task management, email threads.
- Improved information security by monitoring servers connected to the network for anomalous activity; contacted clients if security breach found or suspected.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Successfully architected and deployed an enterprise-wide Microsoft Exchange 2013 infrastructure.
- Expertly managed server performance and capacity planning to ensure optimal email throughput for tens of thousands of users.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Exchange Server 2013 architecture and design, including Client Access, Hub Transport, and Mailbox roles.
- Led a team of engineers in the successful migration of 15,000 mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013.
- Received “Excellence in Technical Leadership” award for outstanding contributions to the success of the Exchange team.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Edited permissions in Active Directory to allow for proper allocation of Exchange Server user accounts.
- Troubleshot and solved problems with DNS, DHCP, Active Directory replication, and network security within the corporate environment after moving Exchange Server boxes.
- Optimized the performance of email communications by testing different message flow scenarios using Hub Transport server optimization techniques; recognized by management for excellence in time management.
- Improved efficiency when migrating mailboxes to new servers via data compression methods by minimizing amount of synchronization traffic required across Internet Protocol (IP) network connections.
- Contributed to company’s growth through development of Mobile Device Management strategy; recommended numerous best business practices based on current industry standards that led to increased employee productivity.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Designed, implemented, and supported Microsoft Exchange in a multi-user LAN and WAN environment.
- Maintained company email box growth rate by designing and implementing archiving strategy.
- Troubleshot software and hardware problems in the Windows 2000/Exchange Server 2003/MS Office 2003 environments.
- Presented technical overview of Exchange Server 2007 to executives; increased adoption at company from 15% to 90%.
- Shared expertise with team members during transfer of IT responsibilities to new manager; increased overall productivity by 20%.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Managed daily routing of mail and distribution lists.
- Monitored email flow, implemented email rules, and applied security best practices to ensure servers stayed up-to-date with Exchange patches.
- Responded quickly to user requests and scheduled backup jobs for full mailbox server backups.
- Identified and addressed issues which could result in lost data or disrupted services; successfully retrieved files from damaged disks before further damage occurred.
- Preserved company reputation by delivering high-quality products on time as part of a cross-functional project team. Initiated new working relationship between IT department and company executives by leading performance reviews for senior management staff members.
Educational requirements include a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, or equal experience. Necessary skills include, strong tech skills, troubleshooting ability, honesty, integrity, ability to work unsupervised and/or remotely, communication skills, and a strong knowledge of cyber security.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.