Famous figures the world over require their appearance to be presentable and inspiring at all times, whether they’re politicians, humanitarians, or celebrities, and many of them need outside help to make this happen. A personal stylist is an expert who works with these individuals to tailor looks to their particular needs and body types.
How to Become a Successful Personal Stylist?
- Due to this career being quite freelance by nature, the educational requirements are quite loose and many different individuals may have a wide array of education or experience in their resume. Work with clothing design is good for experience, and a degree in fashion or something similar will work as well.
- Generally you will begin working under a more experienced personal stylist on less noteworthy individuals when you begin, as very famous people will need an impressive resume to show you’re worth hiring. Here you can develop your skills and your name as a reliable and successful individual.
- Once you have enough experience to be hired as a freelancer, you will typically work with multiple people who may be from many different backgrounds and careers, but your goal will always be to help them develop the look they want. Working well in diverse groups will be your best first step.
Creativity is key with fashion like in any other artistic field, as people want a look that is new and not something that has just been copied. Clients will typically be happy to share your name and offer glowing recommendations if you design them a look that stands out bit matches them and their needs perfectly.
The Best Personal Stylist Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Stylist resumes for your reference.
- Maintained company standard while exceeding 40% sales conversion consistently.
- Maintained detailed knowledge of current bridal and bridesmaids gown selections regarding fit, fabric, colors, and trends.
- Utilized my personable communication skills to generate repeat business.
- Merchandised the salon’s mannequins and accessory cases in keeping with current trends.
- Daily upkeep tasks included maintaining the salon in a neat and organized manner, and tracking inventory.
- Increased revenue and sales through merchandising, inventory management and visual display techniques in alignment with existing sales management.
- Developed repeat clientele by anticipating customers’ needs and making stock available.
- Keen visualization of end product desired at onset and ability to articulate vision to contractors.
- Ability to read and assist in execution of architect’s drawings.
- Built and maintained guest relationships which assisted with developing a client based business.
- Developed and maintained knowledge of POS software.
- Performed merchandising tasks such as visual merchandising, completing markdowns and handling new shipment.
- Developed the skills to recognize and assist with security risks and loss prevention.
- Assisted customers with shopping and made recommendations on the latest fashion trends.
- Created a hospitable environment where the customer felt welcome.
- Educated guest about the mission and history of free fab’rik and upcoming events.
- Experienced merchandiser, ensure merchandising and presentation standards are maintained.
- Have built an extensive personal trade with over 2000 repeat clients.
- Contact customers daily to follow up, promote sales, and to bring in business.
- Made recommendations in personal style items including clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Identified client requirements, provided consultative services, and maintained accurate records.
- Assisted with various marketing and promotional campaigns to increase business and revenues.
- Provided customized personal styling services and provided style-related advice to clients.
- Suggested, selected and procured outfits and matching accessories based on client’s appearance and preferences.
- Designed new wardrobe and revamped existing wardrobe of clients.
- Responsible for building and growing a client base of over 450 luxury shoppers.
- Advised client base of new products and seasonal fashions to increase store sales.
- Interfaced with clients on season’s new wardrobe options.
- Assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs of the store.
- Recommend merchandise to customers based on their needs and preferences.
- Build relationships with customers to increase likelihood of repeat business.
- Develop quality relationships with exceptional customer service to create longevity.
- Assist clients in personal shopping and wardrobe styling for daily and special events.
- Exhibit exceptional product knowledge of traditional and recent trends in fashion ad world.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain a strong floor presence, support department with personal sales.
- Build lasting relationships with customers to increase repeat business and predictable sales.
- Greet over 100 clients in a friendly and inviting manner daily.
- Provide exceptional customer service experience to clients.
- Accommodate an assist client in every way possible to reach their desired hair outcome.