Personal stylists work behind closed doors to help their clients look their best. Duties include assessing the client’s wardrobe, recommending changes for current styles or future purchases, providing styling advice, and making suggestions for accessorizing. The top skills for this position include fashion knowledge, wardrobe management abilities, sales, creativity, and listening skills. No formal education is necessary to excel in this position, but knowledge of fashion trends and a thorough understanding of current styles is important.
The Best Personal Stylist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Stylist resumes for your reference.
- Maintained company standard while exceeding 40% sales conversion consistently.
- Maintained detailed knowledge of current bridal and bridesmaids’ gown selections regarding fit, fabric, colors, and trends.
- Utilized my personable communication skills to generate repeat business.
- Merchandised the salon’s mannequins and accessory cases in keeping with current trends.
- Daily upkeep tasks included maintaining the salon in a neat and organized manner, and tracking inventory.
- Increased revenue and sales through merchandising, inventory management, and visual display techniques in alignment with existing sales management.
- Developed repeat clientele by anticipating customers’ needs and making stock available.
- Keen visualization of end product desired at onset and ability to articulate a vision to contractors.
- Ability to read and assist in the execution of architect’s drawings.
- Enhanced the self-confidence and appeal of men and women; created fashion styles for 30 years.
- Built and maintained guest relationships which assisted with developing a client-based business.
- Developed and maintained knowledge of POS software.
- Performed merchandising tasks such as visual merchandising, completing markdowns and handling the new shipments.
- Developed the skills to recognize and assist with security risks and loss prevention.
- Saved clientele thousands in avoiding wardrobe malfunctions while shopping and on the job.
- Assisted customers with shopping and made recommendations on the latest fashion trends.
- Created a hospitable environment where the customer felt welcome.
- Educated guests about the mission and history of free fab’rik and upcoming events.
- Created a new collection of fabrics, patterns, and designs each year to meet the needs of clients who require clothing to accomplish their jobs.
- Enhanced credibility, credibility with others by providing solutions to their fashion dilemmas at work.
- Experienced merchandiser, ensuring merchandising and presentation standards are maintained.
- Have built an extensive personal trade with over 2000 repeat clients.
- Contact customers daily to follow up, promote sales, and to bring in business.
- Achieved a name recognized by industry peers as an international level leader in personal couture design; included in Who’s Who of American Fashion Designers.
- Trained as a personal and image consultant in over one hundred real-life situations with customers and coworkers.
- Made recommendations in personal style items including clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Identified client requirements, provided consultative services, and maintained accurate records.
- Assisted with various marketing and promotional campaigns to increase business and revenues.
- Resolved customers’ concerns by recommending new fashion, makeup, and hairstyle combinations based on monthly models, colors, and textures.
- Studied all areas of beauty, fashion, haircare, image consulting, skincare products, and color cosmetics; attained advanced education in this field.
- Provided customized personal styling services and provided style-related advice to clients.
- Suggested, selected, and procured outfits and matching accessories based on the client’s appearance and preferences.
- Designed new wardrobe and revamped existing wardrobe of clients.
- Created a successful partnership with an assistant who increased my sales by 50% through multi-tasking strategies aimed at increasing the number of clientele.
- Gained recognition for outstanding job performance by winning employee of the month for the personal styling category for the first quarter.
- Responsible for building and growing a client base of over 450 luxury shoppers.
- Advised client base of new products and seasonal fashions to increase store sales.
- Interfaced with clients on the season’s new wardrobe options.
- Styled over twenty women, including two male models, and delivered satisfactory highlights, color, cuts, and styles on time and within budget.
- Made women feel confident by expressing their own fashionable individuality.
- Assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs of the store.
- Recommend merchandise to customers based on their needs and preferences.
- Build relationships with customers to increase the likelihood of repeat business.
- Advised on new trends in cosmetics to enhance natural beauty with no pressure tactics.
- Arranged promotional events such as fashion shows and trunk shows while considering client priorities.
- Develop quality relationships with exceptional customer service to create longevity.
- Assist clients in personal shopping and wardrobe styling for daily and special events.
- Exhibit exceptional product knowledge of traditional and recent trends in the fashion ad world.
- Obtained a final average of 5.
- Enhanced the overall looks and self-confidence of 50 women by tailoring or purchasing clothing, cosmetics, and perfumes to complement each customer’s individual personality.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain a strong floor presence, and support the department with personal sales.
- Build lasting relationships with customers to increase repeat business and predictable sales.
- Dealt independently with customers to discover their fashion preferences, comfort levels with clothing styles and colors, and skincare needs.
- An expert in marketing; generated an increase in sales by planning and negotiating a deal with a local pharmacy to set up an in-store salon which increased salon traffic by 30%.
- Greet over 100 clients in a friendly and inviting manner daily.
- Provide exceptional customer service experience to clients.
- Accommodate and assisted clients in every way possible to reach their desired hair outcome.
- Maintained current knowledge of the latest trends in women’s apparel by attending seminars about new products and services offered by major beauty suppliers.
- Announced the introduction of a new hairstyle at the commencement of Fashion Week; recognized for creative aptitude and trend-setting initiative.
How to Become a Successful Personal Stylist?
- Due to this career being quite freelance by nature, the educational requirements are quite loose and many different individuals may have a wide array of education or experience on their resumes. Working with clothing design is good for experience, and a degree in fashion or something similar will work as well.
- Generally, you will begin working under a more experienced personal stylist on less noteworthy individuals when you begin, as very famous people will need an impressive resume to show you’re worth hiring. Here you can develop your skills and your name as a reliable and successful individual.
- Once you have enough experience to be hired as a freelancer, you will typically work with multiple people who may be from many different backgrounds and careers, but your goal will always be to help them develop the look they want. Working well in diverse groups will be your best first step.
Creativity is key with fashion like in any other artistic field, as people want a look that is new and not something that has just been copied. Clients will typically be happy to share your name and offer glowing recommendations if you design them a look that stands out bit matches them and their needs perfectly.
Famous figures the world over require their appearance to be presentable and inspiring at all times, whether they’re politicians, humanitarians, or celebrities, and many of them need outside help to make this happen. A personal stylist is an expert who works with these individuals to tailor looks to their particular needs and body types.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.