Finance managers look after the sales accounts of the firm, review financial reports and analyze market trends. They prepare activity reports and financial predictions after going through the market trends. They also compare markets to find investment, merger and acquisition opportunities including the ways to boost the profit charts.
How to Become a Successful Finance Manager?
To build a lucrative career as a financial manager you need to acquire a bachelor’s degree in finance/ economics/accounting/business administration. After that you can look for an internship to hone your skills further and acquire firsthand knowledge of market and finance. An internship can be a stepping stone for your career in more than one ways. Internship can help you to build career and connections at the same time.
After your internship you can also opt for a master’s degree or MBA in business administration to enhance your career prospects or you can look for full-time employment opportunities. An MBA in business management or economics is usually preferred in the job arena. An internship with a master’s degree will definitely create an impressive resume and open-up more opportunities than before.
Financial manager is a role which is always in demand but so is the competition if you want to enhance your career prospects then you can go for a certification. A certification along with relevant experience can take the career game a notch higher.
The Best Finance Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Finance Manager resumes for your reference.
- Arrange/assist dealership customers with loan/lease origination and approval process with dealership approved lenders.
- Present beneficial products offered by the dealership to enhance the customer’s vehicle ownership.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a process driven environment with attention to detail.
- Working with senior management on the allocation of CHG opex to the various business segments utilizing CHG services.
- Working with senior management to drive prioritization and provide ad hoc analysis.
- Partnering with finance peers across Engineering Finance on cross-charges and reporting.
- Offering vehicle financing and insurance to customers and providing them with a thorough explanation of aftermarket products and extended warranties and a complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service procedures and policies.
- Seeking new lending institutions and maintaining good working relationships to secure competitive interest rates and financing programs.
- Processing financing and leasing deals accurately and securing approval through financial sources to secure approval and through the proper federal, state and corporate channels.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations that affect the new and used-vehicle and finance departments.
- Prepare monthly management reporting, dashboard, revenue trending and variance analysis for 2 manufacturing companies.
- Communicating and building working relationship with Executives, Operations, Sales, Purchasing, vendors & clients.
- Maintain and review current finance processes and controls, provide recommendation and drive implementation.
- Re-develop commission process, calculate and review the calculation for business developers.
- Provide ah-hoc financial analysis and solutions to executives, including revenue trending, expenses analysis, client mapping.
- Processed Construction Billing and payment schedules for large builders.
- Read blueprints so a salesman can provide an accurate appliance schedule and quote.
- I developed an Accounting System for the cash incentives issued to each in house salesman on a monthly basis.
- Reduced resource requirements for processing accruals by data mining system information.
- Realigned invoice KPI by expanding measurement of various workflow processes to hold workflow owners accountable for timely processing.
- Assessed system workflows and approvals to implement strategies to reduce invoice payment times.
- Leads the company ERP implementation (SAP and BPC) for revenue recognition.
- Responsible for Customer Program finance: works with Bid, Contract and Program teams to ensure estimate at completion accuracy.
- Responsible for the Customer service support activity: turn key maintenance contracts and warranty processes reviews.
- Analyses and presents to Senior Executive Team the business performance against key indicators.
- Manage and participate in the monthly close process and other daily activities (e.g. Review of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and monthly financial reporting) of the supported departments and business units.
- Prepared and upload annual budgets for various business units and departments.
- Manage periodic forecasts to ensure the timely rollup of all forecasts and the yearly budget.
- Generate weekly & monthly financial reports and report variance summary to Senior Management.
- Improved accuracy of plans and forecasts by building better relationship between business and finance.
- Process financing and leasing deals with precision and obtain approval through financial sources.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that are applicable to new and used-vehicles and finance departments.
- Train and provide the sales team with information regarding finance and lease programs and extended service programs, and ensure new sales are directed to the F&I department to ensure the dealership F&I gross sales and percentage of product goals are met.
- Provide support and training to colleagues to ensure they are successful, and encourage a positive morale throughout the team.
- Manage day-to-day operations within the local finance office including collections, insurance relations, accounts payable, ledger reconciliation, revenue recognition strategy, and client financing initiatives.
- Implemented new procedures and system controls in regards to accounts payable resulting in structural changes which reduced overhead, increased production, added clarity to cash management, and improved inter-departmental communications.
- Developed financial reporting protocol with key operating metrics, focused on decision-making analytics presented to executive management weekly.
- These analyses lead to procedural changes in a multitude of departments nationally.
- Primary responsibility was to make sure purchase/lease transactions were executed properly and legally.
- Although majority of the deals came in with a bank approval, I find ways in getting better approvals from different lenders to maximize dealer profit.
- Improved dealer profit by selling after-market products such as vehicle service contracts, GAP, maintenance programs, tire and wheel protection, windshield protection, paint-less dent repair, lo-jack, and paint and fabric protection.
- Suppliers of fire alarms, fire suppression, fire detection, traffic lights, and security systems.
- Key responsibilities include overseeing the finance team consisting of a total of 10 staff.
- Responsible for financial and management reporting of 3 legal entities to the local management and Divisional Headquarters in Shanghai.