Underwriting Managers provide analyses on potential investments to determine their value. Their duties include compiling financial statements, assigning a value to a decision, talking to all counterparties in the decision, determining the appropriate course of action, spotting risk areas and understanding the cost-benefit matrices.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Underwriting Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Underwriting Manager resumes for your reference.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 1
- Developed an underwriting model for credit risk.
- Ranked as top 5% in the company of all underwriters in the credit department; earned a $25,000 cash incentive.
- Received an award for meeting loan approval rates.
- Achieved excellent employee recognition award according to company’s awards program; supported the organization’s goal by providing timely and accurate data in order to exceed quota and meet standards.
- Received outstanding employee recognition award; developed and implemented marketing plan that resulted in a substantial increase in the loan portfolio.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 2
- Resolved complex customer problems and issues by giving quick, accurate information.
- Met customer satisfaction goals; received positive customer comment cards from clients.
- Achieved call monitoring Superstar status; effectively monitored calls as required by the client.
- Ensured that all data relating to loans processed were maintained in an organized manner to meet government regulations.
- Achieved award for meeting high standards during the company’s internal audit.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 3
- Assured lenders met regulatory guidelines regarding compliance, disclosure, and risk management.
- Directed operational duties of the department to ensure a smooth transition when the Regional Manager left.
- Effectively created automated files to eliminate errors and increased efficiency by 30% based on customer feedback; received appreciation award from the CEO.
- Organized training classes that educated other employees on determining risk factors and evaluating creditworthiness.
- Helped improve operating income by decreasing delinquencies, charge-offs, and loan losses as a result of monitoring accounts face-to-face with customers.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw the underwriting of 200+ new commercial loans, totaling $22 million.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance, as a direct result of reducing delinquency rates to below industry averages.
- Promoted to an Underwriting Manager position; completed over 400 new commercial loans totaling $96 million.
- Processed over 1500 commercial loans totaling greater than $150 million, while maintaining a 3.5% delinquency rate and attaining a 97% customer satisfaction rating.
- Achieved Superstar status; directed the consolidation of other teams’ projects into one cohesive unit.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 5
- Completely prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual underwriting statements.
- Analyzed and edited financial statements to identify potential defects.
- Prepared profit and loss statements for banks as billing/collection analyst.
- Compiled data for preparation of banking regulatory agencies’ reports such as overall financial condition, capital adequacy comparison, loan aging profile, and delinquency rate profiles.
- Achieved award for outstanding report preparation; effectively compiled data from audit records from various banks in the Southeast Region. Received outstanding quality award; contributed to the understanding of basic principles used in creating financial reports.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 6
- Increased the company’s portfolio yield from 2.8% to 3.3% within one year.
- Hired, trained, and assigned three account executives to work with my supervisor in several states until the account executives were able to generate their own business for my supervisor’s division.
- Coached and trained six new employees; prepared detailed weekly status reports that showed increasing quality ratings of loans underwritten by the division.
- Achieved recognition by division director as an outstanding accountant who brought profitability to the division during a period of decreasing revenues by developing new investment products.
- The company awarded me with an outstanding quality award; I was recognized for my outstanding financial and personal commitment to the company.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 7
- Trained and mentored underwriters responsible for underwriting practices related to mortgage insurance.
- Assisted in making recommendations on levels of loan to a small limit underwriter.
- Received feedback from a large-scale refinance special purpose vehicle (SPV) on an investment property that would allow the financing company to cover the refurbishment costs without drawing down its capital base.
- Directly assisted a regional lending officer with identifying a high-risk borrower’s deficiencies to perpetuate their high-risk status. The regional lending officer reviewed and approved the advertisement of the loan application. The regional lending officer failed to identify the deficiencies which would have impacted the acceptance of the advertisement of funds.
- Earned recognition for outstanding customer service as a call monitoring Superstar. The call monitoring Superstar averaged 99.96 percent on calling reports, including all of the phone number range.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for outstanding performance by reducing the amount of time required to assess and approve securities offered to investment portfolio; reduced cycle time by 15%.
- Initiated a process that raised the average value of new mutual funds accepted for inclusion in the portfolio.
- Earned award for providing innovative reporting tools that enabled sales staff to analyze research data and make better sales prospects.
- Recognized for leadership in implementing changes that increased productivity; initiated additional systems which allowed team members to complete tasks in less than half the time, while maintaining accuracy.
- Received excellence award; aided in organizing the annual meeting, ultimately resulting in positive responses from customers and a significant increase in business.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 9
- Adhered to timelines; promoted a disciplined approach in complying with underwriting guidelines, accounting, and regulatory requirements.
- Promoted a customer-focused approach when communicating with loan officers and borrowers.
- Contributed to department profits by developing and implementing marketing programs that focused on servicing clients and improving their credit profile.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills by leading the team in creating the best practices for customers; achieving the highest quality service for borrowers; and maintaining financial records accurately.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 10
- Earned recognition as the Top Producer; orchestrated closings over $8,000,000 for 12 consecutive months.
- Promoted to Assistant Manager of underwriting team; supervised staff and met production goals.
- Received award for outstanding performance in a loan approval capacity.
- Earned recognition for exceptional performance; assisted in bringing company average down by more than 10%.
- Recognized as the top employee in closing delinquent loans.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 11
- Created a more effective and efficient process for underwriting to meet requirements.
- Devised a modified underwriting process to allow companies to qualify for government assistance; ensured that companies qualified due to security of the properties, ability to service mortgage, and level of use.
- Established standards for performance reviews; ensured that employees met standards for productivity and quality standards.
- Documented policies in accordance with CMIS training manual; adhere to company guidelines in regards to policies and procedures.
- Collaborated with other departments to provide better information that would aid in building new business; developed an effective sales team that was able to market new business opportunities.
Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 12
- Reviewed and approved loan package submissions from the field, which demonstrated outstanding knowledge of loan underwriting guidelines; customer satisfaction remained high.
- Successfully managed mortgage loan production and funding process in a debt reduction company, which resulted in continued profitability; developed innovative enhancements to the mortgage industry.
- Evaluated applications for credit rating and made appropriate recommendations to various consumer credit departments on risk-related issues; constructed a spreadsheet to address default problems.
- Ensured mortgage brokers met their quotas by providing them with accurate information about available programs; provided training for those interested in new products offered by the company.
- Provided management with expert advice on the direction of various product lines; developed creative recommendations based on industry trends; proposed a plan to improve the mortgage process by implementing new regulations.
To work as a Underwriting Manager you must complete a bachelors degree in the relevant field of business or finance. Underwriting Managers must demonstrate good intuition, good communication skills, quantitative abilities, understanding of financial statements, problem-solving skills, risk tolerance and ability to be methodical.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Underwriting Manager Resume Samples
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 1
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 2
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 3
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 4
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 5
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 6
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 7
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 8
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 9
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 10
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 11
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up