An Intern Pharmacist assists with pharmacy-related duties to meet the requirements for a licensed pharmacist. Their duties include keeping records and maintaining pharmacy inventories, advising patients on prescribed and over-the-counter medications, verifying and filling prescriptions, performing basic patient tests, assisting patients with billing issues, and establishing close relationships with patients.
To work as an Intern Pharmacist, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Pharmacy Studies, or a related field as well as a Pharmacology or Pharmacy degree. Intern Pharmacists should demonstrate the ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift and push objects up to 20 pounds, excellent communication, attention to detail and focus, and great interpersonal skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Intern Pharmacist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Intern Pharmacist resumes for your reference.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 1
- Tracked and verified prescription orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Identified and reported problematic prescriptions to pharmacy manager, increasing reporting accuracy by 20%.
- Followed up on failed phone prescriptions by calling physicians and pharmacies to resolve issues.
- Ensured proper routing of drug samples through the pharmacy system; increased inventory reports from 2 per shift to 100% accurate 4 times per shift within 1 month.
- Handled $500,000 in cash receipts as an intern, maintaining strong awareness of cash management procedures while providing outstanding customer service.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 2
- Presented and performed a quality improvement project at State Pharmacy Convention.
- Edited and updated information on all post-operative patients within the appropriate database after implementing new processes during induction period.
- Managed, stocked, and organized three pharmacy departments; created ward rounds to promote efficient use of resources.
- Led medication audits as part of an ongoing review process with opportunities to implement improvements; achieved 100% compliance within 3 months.
- Developed extensive business relationships for continued employment through socializing outside regular working hours by organizing social events and participating in charity efforts (e.g., the Walk For Life).
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 3
- Worked at a Pharmacy for four years in high school and two summers in college.
- Managed and maintained pharmacy library; checked out books to staff members and customers, sold miscellaneous pharmaceutical supplies such as gloves, syringes, etc., removed outdated drugs from stock to maintain adequate supply of drugs.
- Performed customer service role by providing prescription delivery services within the community. Assisted with flu vaccinations each fall season.
- Promoted awareness of cognitive issues among dementia patients during seminars regarding disease management strategies and changes in daily living activities; organized workshops to raise public awareness of attention deficit disorder (ADD) and Alzheimer’s disease (AD).
- Prepared and organized practice for intern pharmacist students by stocking the dispensary, maintaining the electronic records system, and guiding internship students through their clinical rotations.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 4
- Successfully performed extensive research on the interactions between drugs, solvent properties, and solubility to identify possible correlations to optimal drug product performance.
- Analyzed patient medication profiles for therapeutic duplication or potential adverse drug reactions.
- Participated in multiple other projects including pharmaceutical compounding, blood bank preparation protocol research, providing flu shot clinics for patients at local health care facilities.
- Consistently ranked #1 during professional practice rotation by being able to learn new systems quickly, effectively communicate with patients while accomplishing tasks efficiently.
- Effectively managed time while working independently or completing tasks fully within established timelines while working all assigned shifts. Worked under pressure when filling multiple prescriptions simultaneously while maintaining composure and accuracy.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for calling physicians to inquire about and clarify drug orders written for patients, and may also be responsible to work with hospital personnel in sorting and delivering laboratory specimens.
- Acted as a liaison between patients and specialist by contacting patient’s primary care physician to ensure proper level of care.
- Resolved insurance discrepancies related to billing, coding, claims denials at the hospital pharmacy.
- Developed teams for projects including teams for medication safety initiatives, HL7 interfaces which impacted electronic medical records systems across all areas of the hospital.
- Presented project information at meetings with members from other departments within hospital.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 6
- Record and file patient records accurately while complying with HIPAA guidelines.
- Processed prescription requests by patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers into an electronic medical record system.
- Assisted in updating a medication database used by staff pharmacists to improve the quality of care provided to students on campus.
- Collaborated with physicians using electronic medical records (EMR), nurses, technicians, and pharmaceutical manufacturers to maintain information for over 1,200 medications.
- Conducted independent research on drug-drug interactions; reported findings based on established standards; prepared this report for pharmacist review.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 7
- Provided international, cross-cultural pharmaceutical information to diverse populations.
- Administered vaccines and flu shots in a safe, effective manner according to state and federal guidelines while ensuring patient confidentiality.
- Educated patients on diet, medication compliance, and the management of illness during twice monthly office hours.
- Diagnosed drug interactions by researching electronic medical records while considering age-related physiological changes.
- Organized professional development opportunities during time spent as president of student organization through planning seminars/webinars featuring nationally renowned experts from both public and private healthcare organizations.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 8
- Performed duties as a Pharmacy Technician in all areas of the store including stock rotation, cashier, and customer service.
- Answered phones and carried out inquiries from customers regarding medication safety and other health-related questions.
- Assisted with record keeping for inventory management to maintain pertinent data on current artist needs.
- Established positive relationships among patients by communicating product knowledge to clients interested in prescribed medications.
- Promoted awareness of “Get Old Med” campaign promoting healthy aging through nutrition and exercise for active living at senior facilities within a 5 mile radius of the store location.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 9
- Developed critical thinking, independent judgment skills as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Trained to administer medications and vaccines to patients, prepare intravenous medications and sterile compounds, assist with vaccinations, and other pharmaceutical tasks.
- Troubleshoot issues with scripts submitted for reimbursement by medical practices, client claims representatives, patient credit accounts, pharmacies, insurance companies.
- Discovered potential areas of waste or fraud that led to a savings of over $1 million dollars through the initiation of a Special Investigation Unit at hospital pharmacy.
- Disseminated information concerning new medication technologies during community wellness fairs; educated on therapies for cancer prevention and treatment options.
Intern Pharmacist Resume Sample 10
- Worked under close supervision of experienced pharmacist; filled prescriptions, maintained inventories and registers.
- Made recommendations for company policy changes to management; formulated new procedures to improve workflow and productivity.
- Assisted in the preparation and delivery of medications for doctors’ offices and nursing homes; completed immunizations and filled medication orders.
- Restocked and organized the pharmacy shelves after installing a system upgrade, increasing productivity by 25% while minimizing errors.
- Prepared generic drugs according to United States Pharmacopeia guidelines.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.