Independent Marketing Consultants assess and evaluate current marketing practices. Their duties include monitoring marketing trends, measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs, devising methods for collecting data, analyzing data using statistical software, gathering data on consumers, and preparing reports for clients and management.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Independent Marketing Consultant resumes for your reference.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Prepared “shower” advertising campaigns for New York City event locations. Worked on a short-term contract basis with the employer to promote North American market for a new product.
- Brokered meeting for representatives from International Travel Agency in Lawrence, Kansas to explore business opportunities with international clients.
- Coordinated three “road shows”, traveling across the U.S., South America and Europe, where I facilitated meetings between prospective clients, engineers and suppliers within their respective industries while conducting presentations.
- Developed media plans and wrote marketing collateral to inform national press of several large technology companies seeking to expand into Lawrence, Kansas area during the economic downturn of the late 80’s early 90’s.
- Increased market share for a European-based information technology firm by 300% within 2 years by producing a two-year strategic plan to overhaul corporate marketing and promotional strategies and resources.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Provided marketing strategies for approximately 30 small- to medium-sized businesses that have experienced a significant increase in profits through the implementation of new advertising techniques, sales promotion campaigns, and public relations events.
- Managed an annual marketing budget of $1.5 million for private sector firms and non-profit organizations in the United States and Mexico.
- Designed, from concept to completion, an uplifting public relations campaign for a community building project that resulted in a substantial increase in donations from the local community.
- Increased the number of visitors to a tourist destination by over 200% while serving as media spokesperson; crucial to tourism industry success by increasing visitors one year after another following initial success.
- At one point, ranked as #1 in a category that was highly competitive, both nationally and internationally.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Created, designed, and implemented successful action plans for capital campaigns.
- Established and directed public relations campaigns that led to successful opening of two new facilities.
- Consistently generated new product and service promotion ideas with highest ROI in department.
- Redesigned customer service program, reducing overall costs while increasing sales by 20% over a two-year period.
- Transformed struggling business operation into one of the most profitable divisions within company.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Generated new business for clients by developing new clientele.
- Collaborated with diverse, cultural groups to improve the reputation of services and goods provided.
- Expanded and enhanced the awareness around an existing service to more effectively appeal to a broader audience.
- Acquired, cultivated, and maintained an extensive customer list through personal connections, referrals, and targeted mass-mailings.
- Successfully structured international marketing team; managed team of three employees from multiple foreign countries using phone, email, and instant messaging communication technology.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated three months of telemarketing activities with the local Chamber of Commerce and the Advertising Council to raise awareness of a national immunization program.
- Prepared and maintained a $65,000 budget for custom promotional giveaways, targeting specific demographics.
- Achieved awards for marketing excellence after implementing creative idea while solving logistical issues related to a product launch.
- Increased membership revenue during first 6 months on board; received recognition from company President for exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and applied experience regarding mass media advertising by providing monthly reports to Director of Marketing.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Designed, implemented, and promoted online advertising campaigns for businesses.
- Developed website content, searches engine optimization, and design for my own website.
- Collaborated with media sources (bloggers) to coordinate on story posting and follow-up of events/news.
- Developed campaign strategies; created press releases; sent out direct mailings.
- Assisted businesses in planning promotions; developed customized direct mailings to communicate product information/benefits.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Assisted with client acquisition, development, and retention through extensive marketing research.
- Developed creative concepts and proposals for large events.
- Developed web strategies effectively targeted specific sectors of the retail industry.
- Analyzed the latest technologies to determine their placement within organizational marketing strategies.
- Created and executed integrated public relations campaigns using various media formats to increase market awareness of products, services, and business organizations.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Raised sales by $200 million in a six-month period through suggestion of new products, distribution ideas, and pricing methods.
- Resolved internal communications issues with cross-departmental teams; new methods led to better client service, more effective employee morale and higher sales numbers.
- Proposed key ways to reduce costs that ultimately led to a 5% profit increase over 6 months.
- Reorganized the company’s marketing department budget; established quarterly objectives that led to overall cost savings of 3%.
- Proposed placement plan for billboard/radio advertising campaign that earned back the initial investment in less than 12 weeks while increasing awareness and product sales.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Report on monthly and quarterly marketing/advertising information for a wide variety of clients.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan for one organization to increase revenue.
- Identify external sources of funding, with business plan and proposal support.
- Collaborate with staff members to integrate solutions that promote reach, increase revenues, and reduce risks through effective business planning.
- Analyze, develop, and implement strategic marketing plans that improve age group group sales by 10% or more per year.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Created and launched product marketing campaign for small business that had never utilized any marketing or advertising before.
- Persuaded customers to switch over to the new product, and increased company’s monthly sales by 50%.
- Maintained a friendship network of 200 people in a community with less than 5,000 residents.
- Introduced innovative ideas to business partners that resulted in improved productivity and year-end profits.
- Simplified communications between clients and vendors by developing information exchange systems.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Created advertising copy and projects for publications, companies, and individuals.
- Developed advertising concepts, concepts scheduling, and promotional plans in conjunction with client goals.
- Designed an extensive network of business relationships and provided assistance to clients who hired him as an independent contractor.
- Created a new strategic marketing plan for a company establishing an insurance brokerage and financial planning practice.
- Joining forces with other freelance marketing consultants in developing strategic plan for their respective businesses.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Generated over $250,000 in sales for six clients during first two years in business (2001–2003).
- Instituted, marketed, and conducted bi-weekly workshop series on marketing, leadership, and teamwork which resulted in more than 100 attendees.
- Conducted 1-day seminar which resulted in over 100 attendee signups; which generated over $200,000 of sales leads for one client.
- Created 10 separate magazine ads which were featured yearly by their client companies.
- Conceived and executed a national marketing campaign to increase profits by 100% in one year.
Independent Marketing Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Created and administered independent marketing seminars for national and international companies.
- Distributed 5,000 targeted ads in a six-month period; promoted national seminars by top marketing, advertising, and PR representatives.
- Created and helped publish the “Get Published” newsletter for internet publishers; distributed over 1,500 of this publication.
- Published several articles that appeared on a number of international business publications; reviewed several book manuscripts.
- Directed initial promotion of an Asian themed internet site to an audience in excess of 100,000 viewers.
To work as an Independent Marketing Consultant, you need a Master’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent field and have past work experience. Independent Marketing Consultants must demonstrate excellent math skills, analytical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.