A marketing analyst helps companies and businesses decide what to sell and for how much based on studying the market conditions and their competition. They also take a look at their consumer’s current behavior to help them decide what to do next so they can make the best accurate choices for their employer.
How to Become a Successful Marketing Analyst?
A high school diploma or GED (general education diploma). You need to get a bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, economics, business administration, math and or something related to business. You can also gain a degree in communications, marketing research and something related to consumerism as long as they help you and you learn many mathematical skills.
Lately, because of marketing demand some companies and businesses would prefer to hire marketing analysts who also have an (MBA) a master’s degree in business or one related to market research.
You can receive a professional research certification (PRC) from Insights Association for additional experience or a certificate for a market research analyst (CMRA) provided by the international institute of market research and analytics (IIMRA) that is open to senior college students. Both require for you to have formal education in marketing or a business related field.
There are also other certifications available and most help marketing analysts stay up to date on the latest data and marketing information necessary for their careers. Other skills needed for a marketing analyst are data visualization, business skills, statistical analysis software experience and if you can programming skills or experience.
To be a successful marketing analyst you also need to understand how your chosen business industry works, how to communicate with coworkers and clients, critical thinking skills and how to be a good analytical problem solver.
The Best Marketing Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Marketing Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Provide campaign response metrics and post-performance insights to internal and external business partners, including senior management.
- Monitor conversion and response metrics by data source, demographic, geographic and behavioral information.
- Assist in optimizing business execution processes as necessary.
- Conducts continuous testing, analyzing and optimizing target criteria, content, forms, etc. to improve KPIs (ex. increase open, click, lead, and conversion rates).
- Worked among team of international marketers to implement straegies to gain and retain user pre and post launch of their new app.
- Developed innovative marketing and ad campaigns using digital and social media.
- Gained and retained 1,000 users from our strategies for their app.
- Performed sales analysis, ROI analysis and customer loyalty analysis to track the performance of different campaigns and give insightful recommendation for enhancement.
- Established sound UI tier application architecture based on industry best practices, analyzed and optimized pages design for maximum conversion.
- Developed and maintained website and database of multiple e-commerce sites.
- Supported member reward points program: budget allocation and control, designed reward points earning matrix, and generated points result with analysis report.
- Data analysis: developed member status, sales volume, and behavior indicator dashboard, built forecast models for sale out forecast, and generated executive report for marketing campaigns and member performance.
- Agency supervision: supervised agencies to executive merchandise production and fulfillment, on-site training and roadshow.
- Led the marketing strategy for Snow Wonder and New Year’s Eve Fireworks event, increasing attendance by 300% and 400% respectively from 2015 to 2016.
- Write content for the company website, email blast, social media and print and digital marketing materials.
- Develop and design graphics in various sizes to meet the ad specifications of the publisher and advertising agency.
- Track and analyze the results of newspaper, social media, display banner and email advertisements.
- Collaborated with the Product Marketing and Business Director to generate 3 in-depth market research reports for smart light bulbs, smart outlets, and smart plugs.
- Analyses involved extracting and analyzing data from the top 6 leading competitors in the smart-home devices industry, including their products, consumer responses, marketing assets, and channel placement strategies.
- Utilized Excel to extrapolate data from 2 questionnaire surveys on the Snap security camera LED bulbs to assess product performance and compiled findings into reports and visual deliverables.
- Create and Run Google Adwords and google shopping advertisement campaigns and increased sales by 200%.
- In charge of several social medias and increased awareness and engagement by 15%.
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follow-up on all results.
- Bulk upload inventory to different market place including Walmart, Sears, Amazon, ect.
- Maintain competitive market data, including market size, share, penetration and pricing.
- Perform detailed market segmentation analysis to identify opportunities for growth.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of sales and marketing campaigns.
- Support Annual Operating Plan process with generation of financial projections and PowerPoint decks.
- Driving multi-channel marketing campaigns to promote Apache Hadoop-based solutions.
- Leading SEO and content optimization for both company and event websites.
- Monitoring analytics across digital assets, measuring against KPIs to improve results.
- Project managing new product launches across diverse stakeholders.
- Managed company social media activity and contributed content to the company website using WordPress and Grav.
- Increased web traffic by incorporating improved content management tools and social media applications.
- Evaluated various online and print marketing opportunities based on cost and anticipated exposure to target.
- Interact with key clients to ensure product satisfaction, feedback and client adoption.
- Prepares marketing campaigns by assembling high-quality presentations.
- Uses advanced excel functions to organize and manage data.
- Provides large amounts of organized data to support key business decisions.
- Tracks product line by entering detailed business data into product sales tools.
- Supports sales team by providing data, new product information, and customized marketing decks.
- Formalized the idea of amateur basketball league and made it more profitable than expected by efficient cost control.
- Completed a new sport brand project and marketed new brand through amateur basketball league.
- Implemented scenario and sensitivity analysis into projects to strengthen company’s risk management.