Mobile developers collaborate with both product and design teams in order to improve technical applications. Mobile developers may work with project managers, and quality engineers to ensure mobile applications are working properly for users and contribute to the design of UI/UX of mobile applications. They typically will use a variety of coding languages such as Java and C++.
How to Become a Successful Mobile Developer?
Becoming a mobile developer requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related major. Mobile developers are a key part of the software development life cycle and help create new features on mobile applications. They influence both the UI and UX (user experience).
Developers must have the ability to work together with other technical teams within the IT department such as quality engineering, digital marketing, and project management teams in successfully creating features for the mobile application. Developers must have experience in mobile iOS or android devices.
Understanding principles of secure software design and understand software development process and lifecycle, including the design, development, testing, and release cycles is crucial for this type of role.
Developers must have a team-work style mindset and accomplish a similar goal in a given time period. To be efficient and able to communicate and defects within the mobile application and timeline to completion of projects, developers must articulate very technical terminology and problems to non-technical project members. You will need to have attention to detail skills in order to prevent bugs within the mobile application.
The Best Mobile Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Mobile Developer resumes for your reference.
- Software professional with over 8 years of experience in mobile applications development.
- Worked on major mobile cross platforms like Kony, Titanium’s Appcelerator, PhoneGap and mobile native platforms like Android and IOS.
- Have experience in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Development of FIOS TV IOS/Android Mobile application which includes TV remote and mobile TV streaming.
- Working on DVR Remote services which enables mobile app communication with DVR Setup boxes and VMS Setup boxes to request the information about current programs, available disk space, scheduling recordings, retrieve subscribed channels and programs, etc.
- Implementation of UI to support and compatible across different versions of android and IOS devices.
- Consuming and Parsing response from RESTFUL and SOAP Web services using NXML, NSDictonary and JSON and XML parsing techniques.
- Maintaining and debugging Android project that communicates with proprietary Bluetooth devices.
- Developed and implemented many PhoneGap and Titanium applications along with Java and Objective-C plug-ins for iPad, iPhone and Android platforms.
- Develop mobile time tracking user interface for iPhone and Android using PhoneGap library.
- Design, development, testing and implementation of WEB applications using Sencha Touch framework.
- Leveraging my .NET and C# expertise to assist with development of the backend API services.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to help make the product better.
- Improving the quality of the code by developing unit tests, automation, and participating in code reviews.
- Employed the use of Adobe Photoshop to create graphics and images for mobile applications.
- Tested completed applications on both iOS & Android devices to ensure perfection of the software.
- Received reports and messages from the client on additional requests for the project at hand.
- Established and maintained Objective-C libraries & APIs that (through the use of OOP and modeled data structures) can be universally used on other apps.
- Analyzed the requirements and designed a technical document for the requirement as a team.
- Developed the UI screens by integrating different Views and Windows to make them user friendly.
- Coordinated with the design and development team to define the user interface (UI/UX) requirements for the application and develop the wireframes.
- Used Geocoding and reverse geocoding to determine the address of the location and vice versa.
- Stopped CLLocationManager when the app was moved from foreground to background to save battery.
- Singleton SQLite implementation to save the favorites and the most recent visited lounges.
- Backtracking of the application using NSLogs, Breakpoints and Xcode tools to trace initial declarations.
- Retrieved data via JSON from a REST API created in conjunction with another developer.
- Allowed users, after authentication, to manage projects, contacts, photos, and inbox.
- Integrated with central dispatch tool allowing dispatch to send messages and user to acknowledge.
- Manage scrum remote scrum meetings, weekly team-professor review meetings, coordinating and manage communication between art, development and sound teams.
- Project management, task management, project scheduling, resource management using Microsoft project, excel, sheets, Visio and Jira.
- Design and execute UX/UI usability testing, calculate and communicate the feedback with the team.
- Identify potential risk, create and execute a risk management plan, maintain team dynamics, manage ambiguity and drive the teams towards successful project completion.
- Design and build native mobile and wearable applications for iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Responsible for optimization of Web Services to be consumed by mobile applications.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Developed and designed client side data services and Web API services.
- Developed sign on, account creation, security questions and Multi Factor Authentication verification views, using Xamarin Forms.
- Integrated Twilio SMS + Email to provide Multi Factor Authentication verification codes.
- Created custom Xamarin extension class and custom renders, to target platform specific iPhone and Android versions.
- Collaborated with team to design and develop app by using Java and C#.
- Designed and implemented the IT asset database by using MS Access.
- Contributed to system architecture by drawing DFD, ERD, and UML.