Mobile Developers are responsible for programming applications for mobile devices. This includes creating desktop versions of apps, responsive web design, and tailoring existing apps. Duties include conducting sales and marketing research, creating wireframes for user interfaces, testing apps on different devices, working with other team members to resolve problems, and implementing a mobile strategy for the company. The top skills for this position include programming languages, problem-solving, software engineering, developmental design, customer service, and communication. A bachelor’s degree is generally needed for this position, but a master’s degree is preferred.
The Best Mobile Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mobile Developer resumes for your reference.
- Software professional with over 8 years of experience in mobile applications development.
- Worked on major mobile cross platforms like Kony, Titanium’s Appcelerator, PhoneGap, and mobile native platforms like Android and IOS.
- Have experience in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Launched a new mobile app, Monogram, that generated over 200,000 downloads and was awarded “App of the Year” for its niche market.
- Development of FIOS TV IOS/Android Mobile application which includes TV remote and mobile TV streaming.
- Working on DVR Remote services which enables mobile app communication with DVR Setup boxes and VMS Setup boxes to request information about current programs, available disk space, scheduling recordings, retrieving subscribed channels and programs, etc.
- Implementation of UI to support and compatibility across different versions of android and IOS devices.
- Consuming and Parsing responses from RESTFUL and SOAP Web services using NXML, NSDictonary, JSON, and XML parsing techniques.
- Rapidly incorporated feedback from beta testers to produce version 2.0 of the popular app, and rapidly added features to version 3.0.
- Maintaining and debugging Android project that communicates with proprietary Bluetooth devices.
- Developed and implemented many PhoneGap and Titanium applications along with Java and Objective-C plug-ins for iPad, iPhone, and Android platforms.
- Develop mobile time tracking user interface for iPhone and Android using PhoneGap library.
- Design, development, testing, and implementation of WEB applications using the Sencha Touch framework.
- Designed and developed a mobile app prototype (iFrame) in 5 days that was used by the executive team during the final stages of negotiation for acquisition financing leading to a $125 million acquisition by a Fortune 500 company.
- Leveraging my .NET and C# expertise to assist with the development of the backend API services.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas to help make the product better.
- Improving the quality of the code by developing unit tests, automation, and participating in code reviews.
- Expanded OpenGL knowledge to incorporate iPhone iOS 4 capabilities into multiple applications used by executives at 4 different Fortune 500 companies.
- Created custom iOS and Android app development frameworks from scratch; designed, built, and launched a new spectrum of applications in less than two years.
- Employed the use of Adobe Photoshop to create graphics and images for mobile applications.
- Tested completed applications on both iOS & Android devices to ensure the perfection of the software.
- Received reports and messages from the client on additional requests for the project at hand.
- Established and maintained Objective-C libraries & APIs that (through the use of OOP and modeled data structures) can be universally used on other apps.
- Invented mobile game for ‘Find a Firefighter’ program that was played by over 20 million people.
- Analyzed the requirements and designed a technical document for the requirement as a team.
- Developed the UI screens by integrating different Views and Windows to make them user-friendly.
- Coordinated with the design and development team to define the user interface (UI/UX) requirements for the application and develop the wireframes.
- Developed a mobile app for HR managers to manage employee attendance and commitment.
- Researched and developed best-practice processes that were used by over 100 public sector organizations across the U.S., Canada, Costa Rica, and Australia.
- Used Geocoding and reverse geocoding to determine the address of the location and vice versa.
- Stopped CLLocationManager when the app was moved from foreground to background to save battery.
- Singleton SQLite implementation to save the favorites and the most recent visited lounges.
- Backtracking of the application using NSLogs, Breakpoints, and Xcode tools to trace initial declarations.
- Designed cloud-based application with HTML5 to store internal network data using AWS Serverless architecture.
- Retrieved data via JSON from a REST API created in conjunction with another developer.
- Allowed users, after authentication, to manage projects, contacts, photos, and inboxes.
- Integrated with central dispatch tool allowing dispatch to send messages and user to acknowledge.
- Designed and developed content management tools for successful mobile development.
- Documentation projects included code-enriched documentation in an Agile manner, incorporating continuous integration and deployment.
- Manage scrum remote scrum meetings, weekly team-professor review meetings, coordinating and managing communication between art, development, and sound teams.
- Project management, task management, project scheduling, resource management using Microsoft project, excel, sheets, Visio, and Jira.
- Design and execute UX/UI usability testing, calculate and communicate the feedback with the team.
- Identify potential risk, create and execute a risk management plan, maintain team dynamics, manage ambiguity and drive the teams towards successful project completion.
- Planned, developed, and implemented mobile applications that met or exceeded client needs.
- Design and build native mobile and wearable applications for iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Responsible for optimization of Web Services to be consumed by mobile applications.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Trained diverse software developers who were experienced with both object-oriented design and distributed processing environments.
- Developed and designed client-side data services and Web API services.
- Developed sign-on, account creation, security questions, and Multi-Factor Authentication verification views, using Xamarin Forms.
- Integrated Twilio SMS + Email to provide Multi-Factor Authentication verification codes.
- Created custom Xamarin extension class and custom renders, to target platform-specific iPhone and Android versions.
- Have successfully maintained and enhanced existing server products at a high level of quality.
- Collaborated with team to design and develop the app by using Java and C#.
- Designed and implemented the IT asset database by using MS Access.
- Contributed to system architecture by drawing DFD, ERD, and UML.
- Implemented XML-RPC protocol with Active Directory login and .Net interface.
- Improved the performance of a low-end mobile device by optimizing the Operating System.
How to Become a Successful Mobile Developer?
Becoming a mobile developer requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related major. Mobile developers are a key part of the software development life cycle and help create new features for mobile applications. They influence both the UI and UX (user experience).
Developers must have the ability to work together with other technical teams within the IT department such as quality engineering, digital marketing, and project management teams in successfully creating features for the mobile application. Developers must have experience in mobile iOS or Android devices.
Understanding principles of secure software design and understanding the software development process and lifecycle, including the design, development, testing, and release cycles are crucial for this type of role.
Developers must have a team-work style mindset and accomplish a similar goal in a given time period. To be efficient and able to communicate defects within the mobile application and timeline for completion of projects, developers must articulate very technical terminology and problems to non-technical project members. You will need to have attention to detail skills in order to prevent bugs within the mobile application.
Mobile developers collaborate with both product and design teams in order to improve technical applications. Mobile developers may work with project managers, and quality engineers to ensure mobile applications are working properly for users and contribute to the design of UI/UX of mobile applications. They typically will use a variety of coding languages such as Java and C++.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.