Network security engineers protect an organization’s computer network. Their duties include planning, designing, setting up, operating, and troubleshooting network security systems, testing the network security for weaknesses, developing company security protocols, creating antivirus threat detection, investigating, monitoring, and reporting cyber-attacks, and making the security system compatible with new software and hardware.
To work as a network security engineer, you will need a bachelor’s degree in network engineering, telecom engineering, or a bachelor’s degree in a related IT, field such as cybersecurity or computer science. Network security engineers must demonstrate versatility, show creative problem-solving, be good at multi-tasking, be detail-oriented, be able to work well under pressure, have a thorough grasp of network security and related systems, be familiar with loss prevention methods and disaster recovery methods, and be familiar with web-related software, services, and applications to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Security Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Security Engineer resumes for your reference.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Developed computer network security architecture for a major satellite communications company.
- Managed, trained, and mentored 8 engineers on Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) VPNs.
- Authored industry-recognized certification study guides on Cisco’s security technologies; three published bestsellers.
- Installed and managed an enterprise-wide storage area network (SAN) in under six months.
- Provided network support in five languages, including American Sign Language (ASL), supporting international business partners in the US, Europe, Africa, India, and China.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Spearheaded development of new network security system; lowered cost by 30% while increasing accuracy and efficiency.
- Identified hardware failure in under two minutes, leading to halving of support costs.
- Achieved Network Security Officer certification from the Center for Internet Security after completing ten required courses.
- Increased revenue by 100% in a single year through effective execution of security procedures.
- Authored a well-received white paper on Network Security Best Practices; published in EE Times and HN News.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement network security technologies for Cisco equipment. Develop architectures to meet the company’s business requirements.
- Earned honor of being selected to be part of a team that was awarded Best in Show at Cisco Live event for new product launch.
- Received certification of completion for more than 100 Cisco courses including IP Telephony, Security, Wireless LAN, Collaboration, Turbo ACLs/QoS, ISP Dialing Architecture, Tunneling Protocols on IPv4/IPv6 Core Network Infrastructures.
- Migrated complex telecommunications into unified communications by designing end-to-end infrastructure based around SIP trunking technology on existing voice infrastructure.
- Acted as a project manager to oversee the design, implementation and testing of the network for Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telephone systems.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Enabled the Compliance Program Process across all lines of business, initiated new security tools to protect customer data, and demonstrated leadership skill in motivating team members.
- Presented three-day class on HIPAA regulations to all employees.
- Promoted from Sr. Security Analyst II to Network Security Engineer within one year for outstanding technical skills and customer service abilities.
- Led engineering group on several projects that included system upgrades for desktop support, software updates, installation of equipment/software licenses, etc.; recognized for exemplary performance by top management.
- Implemented corporate network backups; increased productivity while decreasing risk of losing company data during disaster recovery due to server crash or fire evacuation by 80%.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Deployed a security solution that protects against the OWASP top ten threats and ensures compliance to PCI-DSS requirements for company, thereby creating a safer work environment.
- Designed virtual private network infrastructure utilizing Cisco Network Access Control system.
- Administered a multi-platform UNIX/Linux system containing Oracle, Solaris, and Windows 2003 servers along with Dell ESXI 4.0 hosts and Cisco Catalyst DWDM switches.
- Actively involved in mentoring junior team members as well as planning training curriculum for new hires from technical school who are interested in pursuing computer science degrees at local state college.
- Organized distribution of seven hundred Dell Optiplex computers to school systems in three states.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Detected and solved security issues on Linux web servers.
- Identified vulnerabilities in Microsoft IIS server through network penetration testing.
- Conducted quality assurance tests for software installations to ensure high performance with low latency.
- Pioneered automated administrator tasks, freeing up time for 5 system administrators to increase job efficiency by 30%.
- Resolved IT work orders within 24 hours or less; recognized among team as dependable resource.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Administered servers for a Fortune 500 company and executed projects to meet backup and security requirements.
- Implemented an effective security strategy that reduced the number of vulnerabilities by 40%; recognized by management for outstanding performance.
- Provided technical support during emergencies; maintained 24/7 network monitoring during business hours, after hours, and on the weekends as needed.
- Conducted DDoS attacks to ensure website availability; protected infrastructure from malicious attackers.
- Monitored cyber activity and enforced policy violations; prevented unauthorized access to sensitive user data.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Administered and maintained a multi-platform network of approximately 100 Linux, Windows, and Mac systems.
- Developed and implemented procedures to automate the daily management tasks of the help desk.
- Provided guidance in integrating diverse infrastructures from merger acquisitions while improving efficiency and security of company information assets.
- Led team on new infrastructure implementation for seven retail locations nationwide; recognized by executive leadership for exemplary service.
- Recognized as a team leader with loyal following within five years that is unparalleled in performance standards or turnover rate among peers.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Configured and managed the Cisco Deep Packet Inspection engine to provide a virtualized web cache.
- Resolved several issues with SSL encryption including one on Microsoft’s first update of the year on January 8th, 2013.
- Developed a new forensics tool used by Law Enforcement Agencies from all over North America.
- Managed all known vulnerabilities of the company network for compliance with SOX, GLBA, FISMA, HIPAA standards.
- Maintained responsibility for backup systems of the company network as well as ensuring there were no security breaches or outages of any kind during my tenure.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Improved company network performance by 30% through deployment of multiple filters in switch worldwide.
- Provided daily monitoring, reporting, and documentation of all network activities.
- Authored company wi-fi security guidelines for new and existing employees.
- Installed a VPN to securely access internal resources from both wireless and wired networks.
- Added multiple offices into one cohesive network with patented management software.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Redesigned and improved security for custom software development by creating profiles and enforcing password policies.
- Launched a Windows 7 machine on the domain.
- Implanted new virtualization lab with host based access control, identity management, firewalls, IDS/IPS appliances, and VPNs; reduced physical resources needed to support the IT department by 8 servers and 20TB of data storage.
- Improved performance and lowered risk for company’s worldwide network connectivity via routing optimization and implementation of RIP v2 routing protocol; recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) by peers.
- Provided remote 24×7 technical support for over 100 end-users in North America, Asia Pacific, and North America.
Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Delivered a network security knowledge base to senior management as an asset for current and future top management meetings.
- Designed, developed, tested, documented, and implemented a secure IDS/IPS system with SNORT technologies.
- Evaluated new hardware systems to maintain security awareness among the organization’s divisions.
- Presented at the Annual Security Summit and SANS New York after successfully completing industry certification tests and attaining two network security certifications.
- Organized and created UNIX shell scripts to automate daily tasks; recognized by CIO for outstanding technical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Network Security Engineer Resume Samples
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Network Security Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up