Banquet Mangers are there to give customers a good banquet experiences and oversee the overall hosting including cleanliness, food setup etc. Their duties include maintaining constant communication with guests, remain alert to complaints, ensure proper setting, make arrangement according requirement, train staff, work with sales and event teams, review scheduling and maximize efficiency with minimum expenditure.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Banquet Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Banquet Manager resumes for your reference.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 1
- Adhered to all health, safety and sanitation guidelines while executing meal preparation in the banquet kitchen.
- Effectively managed annual budgets for two conferences; reduced overall expenditures by 44% while increasing revenue by $48,000.
- Achieved record-breaking hotel occupancy rates while working with four separate properties during my three years with the company.
- Managed six employees while overseeing event set-up and tear down at Annual Conference involving 3500 attendees.
- Received the honor of Banquet Chef of the Year after leading staff to excellence in food presentation, taste, variety, freshness, and temperature standards.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed banquet services for citywide conventions including citywide customer relations, insurance concerns, and special event contracts.
- Organized catering for banquets (100-500 attendees) including menu planning, staff schedule considerations, janitorial supplies, security needs, and equipment preparation.
- Developed budgeting techniques to maximize efficiencies; minimized costs by 15% while increasing profit margin by 60%.
- Determine staffing requirements to meet service benchmarks (95%) according to standardized wait-times based on number of bartenders and servers used during peak hours.
- Transferred knowledge of food cost control to chefs to reduce loss due to spoilage; reduced outlay by 12% while increasing food quality by 15%.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw day-to-day activities of the kitchen and service staff including scheduling, training, and performance reviews.
- Prepared monthly budget reports to be used by upper management for food purchases and projected expenses.
- Made recommendations on banquet equipment needs and improvements to prevent loss of revenue due to breakdowns, such as ice machine repairs.
- Planned and executed a $300,000 gala fundraiser for one client within 14 days; received quarterly bonus from both clients as reward for exceptional service.
- Enabled banquet team to achieve peak efficiency during peak periods by organizing team members into work groups based on specialties, communicating schedules clearly, and holding daily meetings with each group leader.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 4
- Received Outstanding Employee Award (recognition by supervisor).
- Trained staff of new banquet personnel; increased sales during the new convention season.
- Achieved record-breaking sales of $4,000,000 on Mother’s Day weekend, earning praise from General Manager.
- Managed inventory and identified potential for improvement in administrative processes resulting in money savings.
- Collaborated with outside firms to create networking relationships that have led to promotions within hotel operations.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 5
- Effectively managed food and beverage service at all banquets held within the hotel, directing wait staff on seating arrangements and coordinating buffet setup.
- Developed and implemented a training program to enhance customer service, ensuring that new employees received sufficient information about services provided by hotel.
- Worked with sales department to promote weekend conference planners course; successfully attained course registration target of six room nights.
- Identified solution for lost revenue associated with banquet contracts; reworked billing system such that customers were charged accurately for contracted banquet services.
- Established new reservation policy that enabled hotel to provide standardized rates to customers; led team in new reservation policy implementation.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed banquet operations for over 300 events per year.
- Participated in the development of department policy and procedures; participated in staff meetings to discuss upcoming events.
- Supervised all banquet staff members; developed training program that increased productivity by 10%.
- Spearheaded initiative to improve customer satisfaction rating (scored at 96%) while increasing food and beverage revenue (18%).
- Developed budget; analyzed expenses; estimated net profits; made recommendations for cost savings.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 7
- Successfully lead a team of fitness instructors.
- Provided an excellent customer service experience to customers by conducting banquet events at four star hotels and resorts that included weddings, birthday parties, professional seminars, trade shows, holiday celebrations, and more.
- Managed all aspects of event setup including dealing with guests’ special requests for food and beverage arrangements; coordinating catering services during the event to ensure a smooth running show.
- Pioneered a new recreational activity “Glow-in-the-Dark Bowling” which increased bowling alley revenue significantly within two months from launch date.
- Assisted in coordination efforts between management staff and outside catering companies as well as associated venues for their needs.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed all aspects of banquets for major trade association event, including food and beverage preparation, service, and clean up.
- Oversaw decoration of banquet hall with dishes, utensils, linens, flowers; successfully coordinated the flow of hundreds of guests.
- Administered supply inventory for all decorating equipment while enforcing proper security precautions.
- Maintained constant communication with caterers to insure satisfaction with menu choices; ensured quality control throughout preparation process.
- Ensured successful completion of trade association events; received invitations to future events by meeting/exceeding client’s expectations.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 9
- Manage the banquet service and staff of a major hotel, hiring, training, and motivating more than 200 employees.
- Arranged menu with executive chef to create new dishes for special occasions; negotiated the best price on required ingredients.
- Provided required services such as decorating venues and arranging flowers; set up photo sessions for newlywed couples at no extra charge.
- Oversaw day-to-day operation of logistics and finances during four major on-site catering events. Provided feedback about guests’ experiences during on-site follow up calls with clients and employees.
- Recognized by peers as an outstanding example of dedication and after working ten hours over third shift hours to ensure a flawless presentation of a grand opening ceremony.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 10
- Supervised a staff of ten banquet managers and over 100 servers, bartenders, hosts, and busboys.
- Introduced new cutting edge events such as the “Magic Mirror Photo Booth” increasing ADR (Average Daily Rate) by $2 – $3 per person.
- Oversaw over $30 million in food and beverage revenue within one fiscal year and maximized profits during slow periods through promotions and cost-cutting strategies.
- Recognized for excellence by peers who awarded me several employee incentives including two trips to Hawaii, two plasma TVs, four iPods, an iPad 2 ,and an Apple MacBook laptop computer.
- Designed menus that successfully increased profit margins up to 30%. Developed a specialized catering menu for food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 11
- Successfully completed cost and space restrictions as outlined by the event coordinator.
- Presided over a banquet attended by more than 1,000 people; successfully planned and executed the event to fulfill the vision of the event coordinator.
- Administered numerous pre-event meetings with coordinators and supervised a staff of 20 subordinates during a banquet that generated revenue in excess of $300,000 for a hospital system.
- Effected continuity among all departments involved in large scale events by maintaining open lines of communication between marketing, sales, catering, management services, production team members and medical professionals.
- Recognized among peers as one out of 100 employees who brought home 2011 Leadership Award within the hospitality and entertainment industry.
Their qualification includes a bachelor’s degree in culinary arts and hospitality or a diploma in catering, culinary arts and hospitality. To work as a Banquet Manager, you need have good communication skills, inventory management ability, good attention to detail, critical analysis, excellent customer service, ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and have familiarity with analytical, accounting and database.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Banquet Manager Resume Samples
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 1
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 2
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 3
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 4
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 5
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 6
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 7
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 8
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 9
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 10
- Banquet Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up