An educational Language Interpreter helps students who don’t speak English follow along with their classes. Their duties include taking notes, listening to the speaker, doing research, documenting what was said, translating written materials, making sure the student gets the same information as the English-speaking students, and giving translations accurately.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Language Interpreter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Language Interpreter resumes for your reference.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 1
- Interpreted conversation, speech, and language for the Deaf to more than 100 customers.
- Represented organization at state, national, and international levels.
- Gained customer satisfaction resulting in repeat business.
- Developed new business through networking with colleagues; won referral of four large contracts that increased company’s sales by 20%.
- Interpreter of choice for clients requiring Spanish interpretation services; selected over 1/3 of the time despite outstanding qualifications of other interpreters.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 2
- Interpreting for German, English, Spanish and French dialects.
- Oversee the interpretation between Deaf-Blind student and her teacher at Kentucky school.
- Made presentations to students, parents, teachers, counselors about sign language interpreter services throughout the region.
- Negotiate with medical professionals during contract negotiations for interpreting services in local hospitals.
- Interpreted non-English languages into English; provide information on job training opportunities for immigrants fleeing totalitarian regimes in their home countries.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 3
- Proficiently interpreted American Sign Language in both oral and written forms for over 10 years.
- Facilitated communication, learning, and scholarship insights between Deaf students enrolled in “American Sign Language IV” course.
- Provided educational interpreting services for students enrolled in various courses at the college level including English Composition II, Introduction to Sociology, Psychology of Addictive Behavior, Anthropology of Native Americans, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to World Religions, Argumentation & Persuasion I & II.
- Effectively trained tutors who are certified bilingual/bicultural instructors in strategies for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) to non-native speakers.
- Successfully obtained international certification as a National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (NRID) ASL-French interpreter.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 4
- Acted as the primary interpreter for a Department of Social Services’ outreach program that served almost 1,000 clients.
- Conducted training and developed educational material for use by other interpreters; mentored students and new interpreters to reduce errors and improve their interpreting skills.
- Established productive working relationships with community agencies; worked to ensure consistent communication between agency staff and immigrant populations they serve.
- Facilitated access to health care services for patients who did not speak English. Effectively translated medical information from doctors and nurses at three different hospitals ensuring patient understanding of the treatment plan and consent to proceed with surgery when necessary.
- Display great enthusiasm every day at work by teaching and learning languages and cultures with patients and fellow interpreters.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 5
- Conveyed complicated concepts in a variety of topics to undergraduate students in disciplinary courses.
- Assisted student learning by breaking down abstract and complicated academic concepts into simpler ideas.
- Imparted to students the ability to understand and comprehend new knowledge created through experience, experimentation, or study.
- Improved effectiveness of self-expression, comprehension, and communication abilities after teaching English as a Second Language for 4 years.
- Helped international students develop their language skills and achieve academic goals by assisting them in understanding concepts presented in coursework.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 6
- Interpreted lectures and classes simultaneously in English, German, and Chinese for over 300 students during academic term.
- Interpreted workshops for trade association meetings between clients at different office locations.
- Mentor elementary school children in after-school language programs by teaching basic Chinese characters, pronunciation, sentence structures, and classifying objects.
- Translated documents relating to business operations to provide well-informed analysis of advantages/disadvantages of transactions across countries.
- Facilitate accurate communication with non-English speaking members of corporate community through proper use of appropriate learning materials and methods.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 7
- Translated over 100 pages of technical documents in a two-day period.
- Presented slideshows on the history of Brazil’s native population, Tupi Guarani, to an audience of nearly 300 people from five different countries at a conference.
- Composed interpretation scripts for conferences on topics including applied science and alternative medicine for audiences consisting of doctors and medical professionals.
- Provided language assistance resulting in more than 70% increase in sales revenue.
- Collaborated with customers to improve customer service strategies by implementing new communication tools that were designed through improved dialogue between customers and administrative staff members.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 8
- Performed general translation and interpretation of language (English-Spanish), specializing in legal, medical, educational and business.
- Interpreted new legal documents using rare foreign word processing system; marked up document with changes and corrections following oral instructions.
- Made profound contribution to the linguistic department by attaining a deep understanding and comprehension of French, Italian, Portuguese and Creole languages.
- Provided leadership skills by hiring, training and evaluating new hires; adapting quickly to constantly changing situations requiring decisive action.
- Exhibited capabilities for language learning through fluency in German; passed written examinations at college level within one year.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 9
- Successfully competed in consecutive rounds of public speaking contests, from school to state to regional levels, culminating at the National Championship Tournament.
- Observed and recorded spoken data during group interpretation sessions for up to five hours per session. Dictated notes through a headset while simultaneously listening and interpreting over a telephone line into English or Spanish.
- Accurately documented 3 different languages with proper grammar and spelling without access to dictionaries or computer spell-checker programs for 1 hour per day each weekday for 2 months.
- Effectively transversed speech data between two groups of people speaking Chinese Mandarin and Taiwanese Hokkien within 5 minutes on 7 separate occasions in front of 200 audience members at AT&T Park.
- Gained the self-confidence to successfully complete any challenge after placing 1st in an international language interpretation contest, despite a nervous bladder and stuttering.
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 10
- Read, analyze, and interpret texts to accurately convey the meaning of ideas in different contexts, audiences, purposes.
- Provided feedback for colleagues on interpreting accuracy based on research results that indicated foreign-born interpreters typically have an inhibiting fear response when they encounter unknown words.
- Supervised graduate student interpreters who traveled with me to provide interpretation services three times weekly over a 3 month period.
- Worked as Second Language Specialist at school; provided language development programs for non-English speaking students during afternoons and weekends.
- Improved test scores of ESL students by 30% through direct instruction tailored to student needs using effective educational techniques (e.g., cooperative learning).
Language Interpreter Resume Sample 11
- Independently and accurately performed consecutive interpretation from English to American Sign Language.
- Collaborated with an interpreter who was fluent in Spanish, French, Pidgin English, and ASL to produce quality results for the Interpreter Training program.
- Communicated linguistics courses with instructors who were deaf or hard of hearing.
- Increased cultural understanding through use of language resources by translating letters between families speaking Haitian dialects.
- Promoted awareness of Deaf cultures worldwide after facilitating conversations at signing international events across Europe, Asia, and North America.
Educational requirements to be an educational language interpreter are a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field. Skills needed to be an educational language interpreter are listening skills, fluency is at least two languages, fast-thinking, professional demeanor, clear speaking voice, attention to detail, teaching skills, and strong social skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.