Long Haul Truck Drivers must safely and efficiently operate haul trucks on long distances. Their duties include delivering material, staying in touch with customers, maintaining the truck in good condition, maintaining load in transit, following the complete washout procedures of the truck, performing inspections of the truck, following safe driving procedures and rules.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Long Haul Truck Driver resumes for your reference.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 1
- Comfortable with routinely transporting loads in excess of 2.5 times the legal capacity for which I am rated, without jeopardizing safety or damage to property.
- Experienced exceeding my assigned weight-hauling quotas by 5% on numerous occasions with minimal risk.
- Consistently made deliveries in record-breaking timeframes while maintaining low accident rates and perfect safety records.
- Focused on anticipating road needs via frequent conversations with forestry workers, weather station operators, local law enforcement agencies, and construction foremen.
- Devised new routes to deliver goods in record time when unexpected changes in conditions required me to minimize travel.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 2
- Passed CDL road exam with 100% accurate answers during the first try.
- Delivered over 300,000 miles of safe driving without a single ticket or accident while adhering to all law regulations and company policies.
- Negotiated intersections while pulling trailers weighing up to 80,000 pounds while cross-country traveling from California to New York.
- Achieved certification as Advanced Certified Road Driver Trainer helping minimize accidents and maximize on-time deliveries through professional instruction of new drivers in skill techniques and safety awareness.
- Recognized for dedication to customer service by receiving gratitude from customers after delivering goods on time despite inclement weather conditions such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, or floods.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 3
- Successfully delivered over 500 truckloads of produce from Florida to Washington state in harsh weather conditions.
- Pioneered customer relations program that organized driver-sales meetings, creating a positive work environment for all employees.
- Reduced turnover by 40% within first two years as a company representative; recognized by the vice president of operations and senior management team.
- Increased productivity levels 20% in 18 months through proper implementation of vehicle maintenance programs.
- Earned appreciation from customers due to conscientious service provided when drivers were out of town or on vacation.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw daily routing of all interstate shipments to ensure deliveries in a timely manner.
- Managed fleet of 30 trucks and 50 drivers, including hiring, training, scheduling, disciplinary action, counseling for continued improvement.
- Earned “Driver of the Month” award four times; recognized by peers as an outstanding team player with superior safety habits on highways.
- Promoted from long haul truck driver to Operations Manager after effectively supervising over 5 million miles of safe driving.
- Completed professional job-related courses through post-secondary education program during off duty hours; maintained A average grade point average.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 5
- Initiated standard operating procedures for truck drivers to meet extremely tight deadlines.
- Collaborated with dispatchers to ensure compliance with customer requirements, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Displayed exemplary driving skills by saving the company $10,000 per year through reduction of miles-driven-per-load. Driven 6% less than other drivers while maintaining service levels at 98% or above.
- Identified opportunities repeatedly that enhanced operations including implementation of a logbook system designed to prevent driver distraction resulting in increased mileage logs accuracy; reduced turnover rate in this area by 100%.
- Saved $50,000 in fuel costs alone; improved average MPG from 7.5 to 17 through more efficient idling techniques, tyre inflation, and choice of optimal gear.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 6
- Completed driver training for operating extended-range large-capacity trucks, increasing drivers’ skill in handling heavy equipment.
- Ran weekly schedules with an average of 5400 miles covered monthly, maintaining vehicle logs properly to meet DOT regulations.
- Installed air line components after identifying incorrect installation by company employees to prevent future breakdowns.
- Implemented fuel conservation measures to increase gas mileage during long distance routes over the course of two years, saving the company $5000 annually.
- Submitted documentation for load security to ensure compliance with federal regulations regarding cargo transportation; identified areas of concern and recommended corrective actions.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 7
- Consistently maintained a safety record with no preventable accidents or driving violations for three consecutive years.
- Decreased downtime and Oil Field costs by 25% through improved equipment reliability resulting in significant savings to the company ($500,000).
- Successfully completed over 100 deliveries without a failure while minimizing freight damage ($100,000+); recognized by leadership team.
- Improved vehicle performance by correctly diagnosing/reparing faulty parts saving time and money ($5,000+), achieving brownie points from boss.
- Observed datacontrol information during hazardous conditions; received appreciation from supervisor for increased focus on safety even when fatigued due to relentlessly long work periods.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 8
- Operated truck safely at a speed of 55 mph.
- Effectively met deadlines and provided the best customer service possible en route to all destinations.
- Consistently maintained a perfect or near-perfect safety record while driving for this company.
- Developed endurance and work capabilities after being on the road for 3 weeks straight without rest, earning 2nd place in a tournament competition.
- Ensured productivity was maximized by routing delivery times back from 3 days to 24 hours with an average turn time of 13 hours, 45 minutes.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 9
- Managed a fleet of five trucks and 45 employees in the day to day operations of operations.
- Achieved ISO 9001 certification in 2004 with 100% compliance each quarter for three years straight.
- Received highest customer satisfaction rating in company history after resolving complaints from irate farmers who were upset that their perishable goods were being left on the side of the road due to traffic delays.
- Promoted to management, successfully trained new driver hires, decreased accident rate by 15%, and increased productivity by 18%.
- Maximized fuel efficiency by up to 5% through innovative route techniques that saved $89,000 over one year period.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 10
- Successfully completed a pre-trip inspection on 10 tractor trailers and changed 5 defective tires in 5 hours.
- Repaired a transmission with the help of another driver, saving company over $400 for mechanic repair cost.
- Effectively controlled truck during 80 minute skid caused by a deer collision along a slick roadway at 2 am.
- Completed deliveries of freight between terminals within allotted time schedule. Recipient of company award for safe driving after avoiding 3 car pile up with semi 18 wheeler.
- Adhered to highway guidelines while conducting long haul interstate hauls; recognized as an Outstanding Driver over 500 miles without any violations or accidents/incidents.
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 11
- Endured temperatures ranging from 5 degrees to 100+ degrees and hauled over 7,000 pounds of produce across the United States.
- Performed pre-trip inspections and serviced equipment as required by DOT regulations; recognized for excellent safety record.
- Provided emergency roadside assistance for stranded motorists during live traffic hours.
- Collaborated with management to develop new initiatives that increased productivity and improved customer service ratings.
- Received awards for outstanding driver plus $500 donation to local food bank; exceeded company driver goals for safe driving and on-time delivery excellence.
To work as a Long Haul Truck Driver you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid Commercial Driver’s License. Long Haul Truck Drivers must know how to properly operate a truck, have great stamina, have great time management skills, be good communicators, have great attention to detail, have basic mechanic knowledge, and reporting skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Samples
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 1
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 2
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 3
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 4
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 5
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 6
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 7
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 8
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 9
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 10
- Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up