The Utility Worker is responsible for cleaning and maintaining company premises and equipment. Their duties include maintaining the facility, repairing broken equipment, complying with state health and safety regulations, inspecting finished projects, general cleanup, and basic landscaping duties.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Utility Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Utility Worker resumes for your reference.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 1
- Quickly diagnosed a customer’s problem; corrected it by using approved techniques.
- Cross-disciplined skills into complementary fields of expertise with an emphasis on customer service and professionalism.
- Helped keep utility lines from freezing; observed new types of ice to assist in predicting the weather.
- Utilized scheduled maintenance activities as a means to make necessary repairs without having them become customers’ major concern.
- Coached employees and helped identify their strengths and weaknesses for career advancement.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 2
- Enrolled in training program for Utility Workers; learned and practiced skills required to perform duties of backhoe operator, generator operator, and bricklayer.
- Participated in testing for certification as a certified heavy equipment operator; passed test to receive license.
- Performed duties as foreman for Utility Crew that performed repairs at local high schools and on road projects.
- Trained other utility workers; earned the respect of fellow workers and supervisors due to excellent communication skills, reliability, and high level of work performance.
- Assigned by utility company to assist with relief efforts following hurricane damage.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 3
- Gave an estimate on time; completed the task as specified in the estimate.
- Worked with supervisors to complete work in a timely manner; effectively documented work performed and prepared work estimates.
- Used appropriate maintenance techniques to repair equipment and equipment while adhering to all codes, standards, and guidelines.
- Provided on-time completion; effectively documented failed equipment repairs and potential causes of failure.
- Maintained safety at all times during the course of work by using proper electrical safety practices such as ground fault precautions and OSHA regulations, etc.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 4
- Hardworking person who performs a variety of assignments with minimal supervision; responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the campus, including light carpentry, painting and washing windows.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; organized team members to complete tasks within time constraints while maintaining the desired quality of workmanship.
- Recognized as an integral member of the team due to my loyalty, reliability and motivation in performing assignments.
- An asset to any organization due to my reliability and stamina in completing tasks in a professional manner; responsible for developing plans relating to routine maintenance and repair of equipment used in food service operation.
- Accomplished at a high level by completing tasks on time (and sometimes ahead of schedule).
Utility Worker Resume Sample 5
- Answereed customer’s questions and concerns.
- Replaced a faulty control board and repaired broken circuit breaker at a customer’s request.
- Reviewed a written estimate of the job and determined that it was reasonable.
- Identified/fixed leaking valve and pipe joints.
- Worked with customers to ensure that work was completed in a timely manner.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 6
- Provided excellent customer service to customers; effectively handled customer inquiries and resolved problems.
- Compiled data and were able to resolve issues raised from utility bills.
- Identified issues in utility systems and provided recommendations for resolution.
- Supervised fourteen employees; mastered data processing system for AC&R.
- Received excellence award for maintaining a safe work environment; effectively prepared and administered safety policies, complied with safety procedures, and maintained a safe working environment.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 7
- Trained and supervised field service workers.
- Coordinated with Supervisors for completion of tasks.
- Responsible for consistent quality and productivity standards with consistency of results.
- Performed physical repairs in a safe and efficient manner to minimize the costs associated with damage or defects to the work environment.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines (of customer survey scores). Supervisor’s award was additionally noted in the local newspaper, “O’Reilly Magazine”.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 8
- Created, trained, and assigned work to other employees as required; managed performance of other employees by fair assessment; established a positive working environment for the department.
- Managed the repair needs for the department by performing inspections; recommended solutions for necessary repairs.
- Feasibly performed tasks assigned by supervisor in a timely manner. Recognized personal achievements in an effective manner that was conducive to company growth.
- Developed new solutions to overcome problems while adhering to company procedures. Received praise from supervisor after completing repair works on time and efficiently; effectively communicated with management regarding daily operating capabilities of department.
- Orangesburg Water Authority Water Treatment Plant; Key worker in the operation and maintenance of facility that supplies water to members throughout Orangeburg. Performed daily testing of chemicals, monitored water temperatures, performed equipment inspections, and completed weekly paperwork for reporting.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 9
- Customized complex lighting system (utilizing more than 20 circuits) to achieve significant energy savings for an entire floor of the medical facility.
- Quickly identified malfunction in MRI and corrected problem; avoided an extended shutdown of the machine, ensuring continuous patient care.
- Discovered a faulty gas line that was behind a wall that was scheduled to be removed, which could have resulted in significant fire loss.
- Achieved award for exceptional workmanship; led a team that performed unplanned maintenance on the last day of the fiscal year, allowing full operation of the department for 48 hours without interruption due to scheduled maintenance.
- Received award for dedication; worked a total of 540 hours of overtime in one year, which allowed the hospital to keep services running during peak season.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 10
- Used the most up-to-date technology to design and install the correct voltage transformers for electrical systems.
- Installed soundproof partitions in office spaces; effectively removed old partitions and replaced with new.
- Completely installed a new mechanical system; recognized as one of the top Utility Workers in the organization.
- Manufactured custom ceiling treatments and wall coverings, including framing, packaging, and shipping.
- Trained new hires to ensure that all employees were trained according to OSHA regulations.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 11
- Delivered a consistently high level of performance while maintaining focus on customer service and quality. Achieved monthly bonus payout due to closeout of over $1,000,000 worth of accounts.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding professional performance within the firm; consistently processed claims and found missing paperwork, which resulted in reduced paperwork.
- Accomplished outstanding quality awards; supported customers with questions by writing technical correspondence and resolving their problems. Effectively managed a team of 10 personnel over the span of 2 years.
- Performed superbly as Designated Foreman; effectively maintained accurate records and performed work at the financial institution’s request to resolve its customers’ problems. Accomplished a feat by resolving an issue that had been unresolved at the financial institution for 6 years.
- Achieved prestigious award for outstanding quality performance.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 12
- Completed all job duties in a timely and efficient manner, consistently exhibited great customer service.
- Earned quality award.
- Received outstanding performance award; performed regular maintenance on the electrical system of the home.
- Recognized by the owner for meeting customer satisfaction criteria.
- Effectively operated power saws and power drills, repaired electrical and mechanical equipment, installed and maintained smoke alarm systems to fire code standards.
Utility Worker Resume Sample 13
- Cleaned and repaired appliances, installed home electronics, and performed general maintenance on service lines.
- Achieved a 90% completion rate when repairing gas lines in the city’s utility yards; always completed projects within the given time frames.
- Achieved outstanding performance award; ensured that the City of Los Angeles’ utility customers were satisfied with their service.
- Received outstanding quality award; always worked well with colleagues while completing projects on time to meet deadlines.
- Received award for excellence in performance; assessed City of Los Angeles’ public access sites for potential maintenance issues according to city’s guidelines for uniformity, safety and security as well as accessibility.
To work as a Utility Worker, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent. The Utility Worker must have excellent manual dexterity, must be in good physical condition, have a valid drivers license, proficiency in using the tools of the trade, know how to do basic maintenance and plumbing tasks. Knowledge of equipment repair, and knowledge of required safety measures.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.