When it comes to looking for new employees, many companies trust their junior recruiters to seek out new talent to fill their gaps. The junior recruiter will post ads to encourage people to apply, look through applications to find the best possible employees, then invite them in to interview to see if they have the skills needed for the job.
How to Become a Successful Junior Recruiter?
While education requirements vary, most employers want you to have at least a high school diploma or GED and a bachelor’s in communications or business, as this will better equip you to find the proper employees they need.
In addition to the educational requirements, most companies want you to have experience working with computers so you can use their systems and excellent people skills as you will be reaching out to people who want to work for them.
Upon being hired, the most important skills to work on are your sense of organization so you can manage all of the people you are interviewing without losing track of them. This will also help you ensure you meet all posted deadlines without issue.
When hiring new workers, you will occasionally make the wrong choice, and it is important that you focus on learning from these mistakes so that future hires will be more successful and you pick the right people.
It is also important going forward to ensure that your people skills are sharp, but more important to ensure you stay up to date with whatever program your company uses as technology tends to update often and you need to be ready to learn again.
The Best Junior Recruiter Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Entry Level Recruiter resumes for your reference.
- Carefully sorting through submitted resumes to determine which candidate would be the right fit for the applied position.
- Reviewing resumes in the most efficient way, such as viewing dates of employment, location, position title, etc.
- Spoke to district managers on a weekly basis to discuss interviewing schedule for the next week.
- Posting job ads on various sources such as Indeed, Craigslist, CareerBuilder, and ZipRecruiter.
- Identify and screen candidates in accordance to company and legal employment policies, office procedures and customer service standards.
- Source, screen, and interview mid and upper-level candidates for projects in FDA regulated industries.
- Liaise between clients and candidates in order to respond to business needs in a smooth and timely matter.
- Generate Excel bi-weekly reports in order to keep VMS platform requests and candidate tracking.
- Provide operational recruiting support for high-volume clients.
- Search resume data base to find best possible match to meet client’s needs.
- Attend job fairs, visit local Technical schools and colleges to help place applicants in open positions.
- Conduct face to face interviews with applicants to provide the best qualify match to clients.
- Utilized key search methodologies to source candidates for various enterprises; including Information Technology, Business-Accounting/Finance, Engineering, and Project Management.
- Responsible for negotiating the terms and conditions of the consultant’s contract; management of full life cycle on-boarding, time keeping, and payroll tracking.
- Proficient use of various job boards; such as LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Monster, Dice and Zip Recruiter.
- Scour job search websites for potential recruits and contact those candidates personally.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Work closely with a team to match and recommend candidates that have been sourced to the appropriate requisitions.
- Coordinate the offer process of consultants with HR: generating offer letters and sending out offer packages.
- Update client and candidate records to maintain current accurate information.
- Responsible for sourcing, screening, and presenting qualified candidates to hiring managers in a faced paced, high volume candidate environment.
- Works closely with the hiring manager to understand the requirements of each position and utilize creative strategies for both active and passive sourcing.
- Candidates must be a team player and able to roll up their sleeves and jump right in.
- Strong attention to detail, quick on their feet and be able to adjust and adapt to changing priorities.
- Use cold calling, industry networking, career sites, resume database, and employee referrals to source top talent.
- Work in a call center environment making 60-80 calls daily to source candidates and meet weekly recruiting goals.
- Reach out to account managers and client employees to determine the most important qualifications and background for openings in order to recruit more efficiently.
- Used quality control screening process to qualify candidates based on skill set relativity, compensation, location/commute, employment status, work authorization, education, and technically required qualifications.
- Conducts interviews by calling or emailing candidates, quizzing candidates on subjects including educational background and professional experience.
- Initiates the new hire onboarding process which includes background checks.
- Keep records of candidate interviews and give status reports to managers.
- Interacted with various levels of candidates, human resources and hiring managers to schedule interviews.
- Maintained information in the Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) and other Human Resource Information Systems.
- Accountable for accurate completion of the new hire paperwork and personnel files.
- Communicated with internal resources and outside vendors regarding pre-employment requirements, including background checks, fingerprinting, drug tests, etc.
- Developed and managed a personalized database of locum tenen physicians from various fields of medical specialty within an inpatient hospital setting.
- Established and maintained business relationships with providers, conducted formal interviews, produced job submittals, and negotiated contractual terms with other clients on their behalf.
- Collaborated with account managers in efforts to bridge staffing shortages in medical facilities nationwide.
- Generate leads and referrals for sales team to further grow and expand our presence in the market.
- Maintain and update candidates into Bullhorn national database on a daily basis.
- Reformat candidates’ resumes according to house and client standards.
- Participate in daily staffing meetings with account managers and recruiters to review priorities, updates and coverage of day’s events.