Curriculum Specialists are responsible for developing new curricula for use at a school. Their duties include participating in curriculum review committees, selecting textbooks and materials for implementation, setting expectations, staying informed on new instructional trends, assisting teachers and providing feedback.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Curriculum Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Curriculum Specialist resumes for your reference.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Developed online tutees’ curriculum and designed, implemented, and maintained classroom lessons for content, structure, presentation, and assessment.
- Created teacher training materials for students and parents.
- Developed, implemented, and evaluated a new program to offer sign language classes in an elementary school district.
- Translated foreign language texts by researching and preparing bilingual instructional materials.
- Researched how to integrate technology into instruction while addressing issues related to computer literacy.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Expanded and designed over 50 curriculum units for elementary, middle school, and high school students in the areas of computer science, computers, and technology, social studies, educational content strategies, human resource development, language arts, literature, and composition studies.
- Organized and developed professional development sessions at the middle school level. Instructed students on developing effective curriculums through the use of American-based standards.
- Developed a website/database to coordinate statewide programs for curriculum implementation. Developed curriculum resources for automation technology in middle schools using current research findings in programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Developed curriculum and training program for integrating classroom technology into the high school business curriculum.
- Provided guidance and counseling to administrators, staff, and students in the middle school counseling center.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Developed and implemented new student retention strategies.
- Increased student enrollment with an average gain of 30% in the first year, followed by an additional 25% increase in enrollment the following year.
- Received the Governor’s Award for Excellence in Adult Education; worked to build a more mature student population to better serve adult learners by encouraging them to develop a lifestyle that would allow them to progress toward further education.
- Performed specialized duties for a statewide organization and received a nationally recognized award for outstanding service and dedication.
- Realized potentials held within people after practicing self-improvement and coordination between studying skills, social skills, mental attitude, and physical fitness.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Worked with teachers and administrators to align curriculum for faster, more efficient progress towards state standards.
- Charted goals, created an instructional plan for workshops on implementing a new math curriculum, and held workshops for schools in a multi-county district.
- Held quarterly meetings to discuss cooperative efforts between schools in a newly formed community school district.
- Participated in multidisciplinary teams to generate curriculum plans that were community-based and fostered lifelong learning.
- Adapted curricula according to individual student strengths and needs after collaborating with subject-area specialists, other faculty members, administrators, parents, and students.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Selected to guest lecture at local university as part of a faculty panel regarding effective strategies for instruction, program development, and curriculum creation.
- Helped create and implement a new state-wide curriculum plan which made the instruction of math and science more diverse, enjoyable, and fulfilling while accomplishing required curricular objectives.
- Overcame teaching deficiencies in multiculturalism while receiving a Master’s Degree in Education through five summer practicums at a local school district.
- Cultivated top performance from students by leading by example; secured 100% on all final comprehensive exams during graduate studies.
- Achieved a number one ranking in job performance reviews from field employees and was awarded a 10% raise.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Collaborated with veteran teachers to create standards-based curriculum aligned to the Missouri Learning Standards; participated in professional development focused on establishing instructional strategies that promote critical thinking in students.
- Earned award for excellence in teaching; received accolades from peers and administration for mentoring teachers in how to use effective peer observation, assessment, and feedback.
- Installed WebCT learning management system including installing courseware, constructing online discussions, designing math and science activities, and setting up communication tools within a School District with over 100 computer labs.
- Prepared virtual library of over 100 learning guides covering topics from classroom instruction to post-secondary education.
- Identified and initiated reforms that increased attendance and graduation rates in math and science.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Developed standards to ensure uniformity of curriculum across the state, district, and county curricula.
- Facilitated the writing and editing of relevant course outlines for all levels.
- Enlisted peer review to improve state curriculum by soliciting input from knowledgeable practitioners in their respective fields of expertise.
- Participated in the “Heartland Institute” small group study, “No Child Left Behind – Dilemmas for Teacher Preparation”, contributing a hundred published pages to the national publication “The Heartland Education Digest”.
- Assisted in the development of a state-wide education conference, which brought hundreds of teachers from across the state to examine their individual and shared teaching methods, techniques, and philosophies.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Designed and authored experience-based curriculum, lesson plans, and student requirements for classroom management; developed and implemented new forms of instruction.
- Provided assistance to teacher unions regarding professional development techniques of curriculum design and implementation.
- Wrote proposal to use experiential learning methods as a means to improve student achievement in foreign languages.
- Initiated communication project with English language editing students from the university library – served as an adjunct instructor.
- Served as a full-time faculty member for two years at the university’s first Center for International Education (CIE), located in the heart of one of the south’s largest industrial markets.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in developing and implementing curriculum for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements with teachers’ unions.
- Instructed summer school classes for over 350 individuals.
- Delivered special education services to over 100 individuals from special needs schools.
- Completely overhauled school cafeteria operations to include food preparation and serving processes with minimal staff involvement necessary, staff trained specifically in all aspects of the project.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Researched and wrote curriculum packages for the use of teachers, administrative staff, and students.
- Developed a series of programs including educational videos and supplemental manuals to enhance student achievement.
- Presented interactive workshops for professional development for more than 800 educational staff members across the county.
- Created instructional materials to enhance classroom learning; created tools to improve parent involvement with children’s education.
- Developed and managed three elementary school programs of the week which focused on health, safety, art, culinary delights, dance, sports competition and history.
Curriculum Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Conceived and organized a curriculum with two assistants; designed to increase reading comprehension, visual perception, and motor skills for children with handicaps.
- Wrote textbooks to aid in the development of self-confidence and success for elementary students who were perceived as slow learners by their peers.
- Directed more than two dozen volunteers toward effective instruction by incorporating training procedures into lesson plans.
- Developed curriculum that achieved significant improvements in grades within one school year while reducing the educational time spent; achieved a national award from the Department of Education.
- Earned a certificate from the National Teacher’s College; developed a program to increase self-esteem through participation in educational competitions.
To work as a Curriculum Specialist you’ll need a Master’s Degree in Education or related field, a state issued teaching license, and experience teaching. Curriculum Specialists must demonstrate creativity, clear communication, problem-solving, positive student interactions, organization, flexibility, consistency and dedication to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.