These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Optometrist resumes for your reference.
- Examined and refracted the eyes using techniques, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity, depth perception and co- ordination.
- Prescribed eye glasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids.
- Referred patients to ophthalmologists and other health care practitioners when advanced medical treatment was required.
- Ensured that the patients’ records were updated and organized for easy file retrieval and review.
- Manage Office front desk in areas of manual and computerized scheduling, check in and out patients, billing including major carriers and Medicaid.
- Obtain collecting/processing patients’ co-payments at close of day.
- Review and track daily reports, follow up on customer calls and complaints.
- Office support activities including staff training and supervision, activity and task scheduling for doctor.
- Prescribed eye glasses and lenses to patients in order to improve their visual standards.
- Examined patients and offered them an accurate and correct diagnose.
- Informed patients regarding their visual conditions and referred them to other eye specialists when needed.
- Dx eye pathology and strabismus evaluation including Fundus evaluation, Externals, Pupil evaluation, Confrontation fields, Tonometry, Optic nerve disc evaluation, Amsler grid, and Color testing and Stereo evaluation for Pediatrics.
- Supervise opticians and staff related to patient’s eye health and needs.
- Refer patients to Ophthalmology for follow-ups that are needed due to eye health issues.
- Have excellent relations with Ophthalmologists in the area which brings to Sight N Style a great amount of new customers.
- Performing comprehensive eye exams with a high prevalence of diabetes in a mostly Spanish-speaking population.
- Sole provider of eye care in a multidisciplinary clinic with a high volume of patients suffering from ocular manifestations of systemic diseases.
- Providing treatment and management of ocular diseases with a high prevalence of anterior segment conditions and glaucoma.
- Obtained a position in a startup optometry office early upon graduation.
- Diligently worked as the head optometrist to provide great quality eye care.
- Payed special attention to contact lens fittings and building a vision therapy department.
- Currently providing vision therapy for over sixty children a week.
- Corrected vision defects of patients by prescribing appropriate spectacles or Low Vision corrective lens.
- Provided education on disease management and its effect on ocular health to patients and referred to Ophthalmologist if same was detected.
- Pre-Operative counseling/education to (cataract and Pterygium) patients, supervised maintenance of Surgery Schedules.
- Primary ocular health exams, including refractions and dilated exams.
- Fit soft contact lenses: spherical, toric, and multifocal lenses.
- Diagnosed and treated emergency cases such as foreign body removal, conjunctivitis, and contact lens related ocular pathology.
- Pediatric eye examinations including treatment of amblyopia, strabismus, oculomotor and binocular anomalies.
- Fitting soft contact lenses, gas permeable lenses, and specialty contact lenses as well as ortho-k lenses.
- Low Vision examinations at Jamaica Plain Veterans Hospital including dispensing of low vision devices and working with ocular mobility specialists.
- Provide comprehensive eye examinations including contact lens fitting to patients of all ages in a private primary care setting.
- Diagnose, treat, and manage various ocular diseases and conditions.
- Work closely with an ophthalmologist to provide post-operative care to cataract, pterygium and laser treated patients.
- Perform examinations on the eyes and other parts of the visual system.
- Diagnose, and treat visual problems, and manage diseases, injuries, and other disorders of the eyes.
- Prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses as needed.
- With refraction using auto refractor and retinoscopy Performed vision tests and analyzed results.
- Diagnosed sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases, such as glaucoma.
- Evaluated patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed.
- Promoted eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses.