A Middle School English teacher teaches English grammar, sentence structure, writing, and literature to 6 -8th-grade students. Their duties include planning-preparing-delivering lessons, preparing teaching materials, helping students improve skills through various learning methods, giving assessments, helping students meet performance goals, and maintaining student documents for general and academic records.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Middle School English Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Middle School English Teacher resumes for your reference.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Teachable and effective with diverse learning styles and personalities in a variety of subject areas.
- Achieved professional certification in the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) after passing two state board exams.
- Twice developed and taught a one-year program that included standardized tests, curriculum review, and instruction for teachers of students with various learning disabilities. Received the Florida State Teacher of the Year Award for excessive personal commitment and excellent results .
- Recipient of the Florida State Meritorious Teaching Award for achieving consistently high evaluations from students and parents.
- Helped A+ students improve their grades from D’s to B’s .
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Performance improved at a rate of 20% per year.
- Topped master’s thesis class, “Teacher-Student Relationships.”
- Established positive relationship with children to achieve high student retention rate.
- Inspired over 100 students to achieve their academic goals.
- Organized school reading program, which was widely praised by parents.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Assisted students in the use of literary analysis, critical reasoning, research, and pragmatic skills by conducting an interactive reading, writing, and speaking activities.
- Researched and integrated the best instructional materials for skill development in writing processes; won an award for outstanding achievement.
- Recognized by school administration for outstanding efforts in building community awareness of family violence; presented a workshop on school violence at the annual district parents’ breakfast.
- Mentored student writers; supported independent writing projects through consultation at community-based writing conferences.
- Undertook educational service as a “Safer Sex” counselor at a health care facility where I taught adults to recognize the consequences of unprotected sexual activity.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Coordinated, led, and supervised daily academic lesson plans for one period of English at a middle school.
- Assessed student understanding of key concepts by utilizing various assessment tests.
- Conducted teach-ins to increase students’ awareness on the significance of the RMS Titanic shipwreck in society by highlighting its ties to current day parallels.
- Increased efficiency of daily lesson plans with the implementation of new ideas about testing methods, grouping methods, and assessment testing based on learners’ needs.
- Initiated new curriculum integration through staff development workshops focusing on functional themes that incorporated the Common Core State Standards into all disciplines.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Developed a novel curriculum by using my extensive education, professional experience, and ongoing participation in reading and writing workshops.
- Prescribed specifically tailored instructional activities for each of four separate English language learning groups.
- Acted as advisor to student-led literary magazine, which won several national awards.
- Collaborated with others in creating a successful school administered essay contest, which annually produced research papers on topics ranging from baseball to contemporary foreign policy.
- Facilitated a unique learning experience in which students met in a specially designed family room to discuss English works in progress.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Motivated and inspired over 200 students and families to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle habits, daily physical conditioning, and academic success.
- Identified developmental needs of each student; implemented rigorous academic strategies; mentored less proficient students; led student leadership activities; assisted in field trips; and supported disabled students.
- Set up after school tutoring program for disadvantaged children to meet daily needs such as reading comprehension/comprehension, math computation/decoding, critical thinking skills, etc. Encouraged parent participation in child’s education, growth, and personal development through weekly home visits programs.
- Met the need of special needs students in various seating arrangements in order to meet their academic, physical, and social requirements in order to maintain a cohesive environment for student development.
- Fostered the hard work ethic in students by providing supplemental academic support by self-coaching, self-evaluation, and self-advocacy. Attained outstanding grades with minimal parental involvement due to motivational intervention programs.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Through my unique teaching style, I enabled students (grade 6-8) to enjoy and appreciate learning; effective classroom management and unique teaching methods garnered award for highest attendance of any English class.
- Received commendation from peers for outstanding efforts in grading papers and creating a friendly and professional relationship with students.
- Developed classroom activities (role playing, debate assignments, and essay questions), which helped students develop critical thinking skills.
- Awarded “Teacher of the Month” for developing a new oral communication course that reflected the needs of the community.
- Developed curriculum with money from my own pocket to teach English vocabulary to intermediate level Asian immigrants.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Led the middle school English department to perfection by ensuring quality, consistency, and student engagement.
- Efficiently balanced deadlines, based on multiple initiatives that needed to be accomplished.
- Promoted self-confidence in all students by implementing proven methods of performance improvement.
- Maintained high standards while also demonstrating patience with the lower grades who struggled with written assignments.
- Motivated students to improve by setting appropriate goals; improved listening skills; improved classroom organization; improved test scores; improved relationships with parents; and helped each student find his/her unique passion for learning English.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Enhanced the reading, writing, and research skills of six students.
- Developed curriculum for language arts program, including the invention of two original games for vocabulary building.
- Actively involved in extracurricular activities; coordinated senior class pep rally.
- Attained appreciation award; recognized for exceptional classroom management techniques.
- Won first place award in essay contest; composed an 800-word news article entitled “The Importance of Judge O’Neal”.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Enrolled, motivated, and disciplined over 555 students.
- Increased retention of gifted students by increasing academic rigor.
- Promoted self-esteem among special student needs population through increased mentoring procedures.
- Encouraged new generations of teachers at regional conferences using new methods of motivation.
- Converted the entire school’s copy machine for Internet access, resulted in computers becoming available for sale to the community at large.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Established an exemplary classroom for students.
- Created four original multi-age, multi-grade curriculum units.
- Trained teachers to apply proven, effective techniques in the classroom.
- Supported the district’s efforts to eliminate budget cuts through donations of surplus resources for student enrichment programs that were not funded by the state.
- Increased student attendance and achievement scores by more than twelve points, with additional gains of twenty points on the state’s standardized test.
Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Assisted and developed second and third grade academic skills through teaching, practicing, and encouraging reading and writing.
- Led classroom discussions to increase vocabulary development, understanding of literary form, and critical thinking.
- Created a comprehensive English curriculum to improve writing skills for those who were below grade level.
- Planned activities designed to stimulate independence by increasing reading comprehension after eliminating the use of textbooks as a teaching guide.
- Found great pleasure in helping middle school students transition from elementary school with a positive attitude toward future English courses.
To work as a Middle School English Teacher, you need a bachelor’s degree in English and a teaching license. A Middle School English teacher must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, experience in the field, knowledge of an additional language, patience and supervisory skills, disciplinary tactics, and proven instruction aptitudes.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Middle School English Teacher Resume Samples
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Middle School English Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up