Small Business Bankers are employees of a bank who specializes in working with small business and commercial clients, they oversee commercial clients accounts and recommend products and services based on client needs. Their duties include acting as liaison for the banks small business clients, processes loan applications for new and existing clients, review client accounts and recommend new products based on need, process reports for tax and business purposes, meets with clients accountants to discuss financial health, and marketing to potential business clients.
To become a Small Business Banker varies depending on employer but generally you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, banking experience, and may require a state license. Small Business Bankers must possess strong leadership skills, able to multitask, knowledge of business accounting, be sales minded, work well under pressure, deadline focused, and have excellent written and spoken communication.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Small Business Banker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Small Business Banker resumes for your reference.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 1
- Reconciled and balanced large commercial accounts to protect the assets and financial well-being of clients.
- Provided guidance to small business owners regarding marketable securities, dividends, interest rates, and required documentation.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance as an underwriter; processed multiple high risk loans within tight deadlines.
- Identified missed collections opportunities through close follow-up with internal customers.
- Saved consulting firm $60,000 per year by implementing barcode system for inventory control that integrated with accounting software.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 2
- Provided a higher level of service to the customer base by reducing current account processing times.
- Presented a plan for ongoing review and audit of accounts receivable procedures.
- Pioneered process improvements in cross-selling activities through effective use of segmented marketing campaigns and identification of new market opportunities.
- Identified key account management system errors that led to underreporting monies owed by one major client. Effectively applied mathematical formulas to reevaluate prior years’ numbers, resulting in an anticipated increase in revenue from past due accounts. Also identified deficiencies regarding staff training, workflow, and customer relations within Commercial Loans Unit, leading to changes which resulted in a 25% increase in overall production along with a decrease in operational expenses.
- Led a project to reevaluate the way in which data is collected and analyzed on a daily basis, resulting in a more efficient workflow, increasing productivity by 20%, while simultaneously reducing costs.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 3
- Was given the opportunity to manage new accounts and was mentored by her new branch manager and other managers.
- Increased sales of checking and savings accounts, loans, and mortgages; recognized by Regional Vice President for excellence in new account generation.
- Achieved awards for outstanding customer service; conducted quality control audits of 400 bank procedures to ensure compliance with Federal regulations.
- Recognized as a team leader who is skilled at building relationships with customers, co-workers, and management; nominated for “Employee of the Year” award.
- Passionately demonstrated leadership skills in operational efficiency after reducing product costs by $50/day while producing same amount in daily revenue.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 4
- Managed personal business banking accounts and loans for corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships.
- Recognized by the Operations Manager for outstanding performance.
- Assisted in performing market analyses to determine the viability of expanding small business banking to new locations.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Received two awards for personal involvement with community service organizations such as United Way and Sertoma Club.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 5
- Facilitated an average of $500 million in capital and credit transactions on a monthly basis.
- Implemented the use of effective communications equipment to provide customer service with expertise on all bank products and services including loan origination, servicing, collections, and investments.
- Provided proactive leadership for treasury management strategies and policies; responsible for funding and liquidity of over 10% of total assets within Small Business Banking division of financial institution.
- Negotiated an annual increase in net income from $50 thousand to $150 thousand by establishing new revenue-producing relationships with new clients; increased portfolio size from 25 clients to 40 clients while decreasing expense ratio from 63% to 38%.
- Recognized for high quality and timeliness in the delivery of financial products and services to customers.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 6
- Redesigned financial management tracking system resulting in an estimated $2.5 million increase in cash flow to the branch.
- Oversaw daily bank operations during branch office manager’s medical leave of absence.
- Recruited and trained new employees for 18-person staff, including cross training responsibilities during maternity leaves.
- Contributed over 40 hours per week in volunteer activities benefiting the community and less fortunate individuals.
- Influenced annual savings by $90,000 through effective money management and cash flow forecasting designed to remove unneeded assets from portfolio or adjust liabilities accordingly. Produced a 25% return on investment (ROI) when compared with industry benchmarks for similar accounts.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in managing branch’s daily functions including opening accounts, account analysis, preparing cash flow projections, loan processing.
- Trained to the full completion of Small Business Sales Program for National Bankers, achieving highest level of certification.
- Successfully provided service to 1,500 new customers by developing rapport through extensive knowledge of products and services.
- Received award “Top Producer” for closing 75% of commercial loans; ranked first among fellow branch members.
- Helped small business owners achieve financial security by identifying their short-term and long-term goals and suggesting customized solutions (ex.; refinancing).
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 8
- Managed over 100 high net worth clients through the use of appropriate customer service techniques.
- Pioneered unique marketing strategies which contributed to top sales performer awards.
- Recognized for banking excellence within client account services by achieving the highest client retention rates in the middle markets sector for commercial, middle market, and private banking products.
- Introduced new loan process enhancements resulting in an increase in commercial loans by 7% above forecasted levels with a decrease of 3 days on average from application date to approval time frame.
- Achieved industry-standard goal of 2 weeks or less for TAT (turnaround time) according to regulators’ guidelines on effective quality control systems.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 9
- Provided unmatched service to small business owners through all phases of the bank’s loan programs.
- Successfully closed more than 80% of loans within 14 calendar days, including 10 construction loans greater than $300,000.
- Achieved top performance on both commercial and personal accounts with excellent asset coverage.
- Recognized as a “star” employee by supervisors for designing new system for loans over $500,000 which resulted in an increase of call coverage on these accounts from 5 to 13%.
- Ensured that all necessary documents were processed on time, resulting in increased customer satisfaction ratings according to quarterly surveys conducted by management.
Small Business Banker Resume Sample 10
- Determined the liquidity and profitability of target companies for a high-profile clientele, including real estate agents, finance professionals, and business owners.
- Attained ability to determine factors of production, such as labor and capital goods within a given framework; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Authorized loans up to $500,000 along with personal guarantee (PG), including two $400,000 PGs in 2012.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan or line of credit with company.
- Identified and arrested internal theft and fraud between October 2011 and May 2012 through thorough analysis and investigation of client activities; earned appreciation from Vice President, Security Director & Board Member.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.