A Concrete Pump Operator drives and operates a concrete pump to and from multiple job sites throughout the day. Their duties include driving the truck, operating the pump, maintaining productivity and efficiency throughout each project, repairing the truck and pump when issues arise, ensuring workers are following proper safety measures and protocol and communicating with clients to confirm their construction needs.
To work as a Concrete Pump Operator you must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age. To be successful as a Concrete Pump Operator you must be able to work outdoors in a variety of conditions, lift up to 50 pounds, be willing to work weekends, maintain flexible hours, report to work on time, have excellent verbal communication skills and be respectful when interacting with clients.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Concrete Pump Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Concrete Pump Operator resumes for your reference.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 1
- Installed and supported the proper and safe use of mobile equipment for crew members by studying manuals and attending trainings.
- Prepared work areas for concrete pumping with equipment setup and material unloading; ensured supplies were organized, clean, and accessible.
- Ensured pump assembly was upright, square, level, plumb, properly locked down, powered on and tested before pumps cylinder was filled with concrete.
- Developed production record keeping system through documentation of hours worked on each job to meet customer billing requirements.
- Expedited repairs during shutdown season to minimize downtime due to the reduction of days available in winter months for construction projects to be completed.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 2
- Managed concrete pumping crew by leading, training, developing team members, performing necessary repairs & maintenance work.
- Expanded knowledge of management principles and techniques through completion of coursework in leadership.
- Reined supreme over machinery; responsible for increasing production by reducing downtime on equipment with diesel engine mechanics certification.
- Learned basic welding skills to perform required tasks on-site; equipped with photographic memory to memorize complex symbols of hydraulic systems diagrams.
- Learned masonry skills during 3 years of assisting masons; able to solve problems arising from mixing design drawings, materials availability, and time constraints.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 3
- Successfully performed required inspections on all pumps, hooking the hoses up to the concrete boom.
- Troubleshooted equipment failure by replacing hydraulic hose and pump belts; notified supervisor regarding needed parts for machine repairs.
- Operated various machines including overhead cranes, forklifts, trenchers, etc., with efficiency and accuracy; inventoried shovels and other tools used for construction site at end of job.
- Processed assigned orders efficiently according to customer requirements; obtained value-added information through communication with customers’ accounts payable staff members during regular contacts via telephone calls.
- Received recognition as top performer among three employees in first quarter of employment due to superior attendance, performance, and quality.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 4
- Handled pump operations for over 2300 deliveries of premixed concrete; reduced delivery times through use of strategies like reducing travel time to job sites and improvements to the plant layout.
- Identified trends in order that plant processes could be improved, allowing increased throughput; recognized by plant manager for production improvements.
- Improved maintenance records by reducing response time to equipment failures; effectively managed risks through preventative measures like scheduled shutdowns, testing, inspections, and repairs.
- Recognized as a top performer after leading team effort to complete concrete pumping assembly line overhaul ahead of deadline.
- Earned recognition for accurate planning during high-pressure situations such as weekend emergencies or extreme weather conditions which threatened to damage job sites.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 5
- Assembled and began operation of new concrete pump equipment.
- Was selected as top concrete pumper for concrete pumping contest.
- Developed and implemented strategies to improve performance on various jobsites; including more efficient routes, better productivity, and more coordination with crane operators.
- Handled customer questions and concerns about the work performed by establishing effective communication protocols between office staff, plant operators, subcontractors, and customers for optimal results.
- Received high praise from multiple different general contractors who specifically requested my service on future projects due to reliability and responsiveness in completing tasks.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 6
- Installed five yard pedestals, one yard swing hoses, and three yards of swivel hoses.
- Identified root cause of equipment failure by troubleshooting hydraulic lines for potential leaks during repairs on concrete boom pumps.
- Inspected all equipment to ensure proper function prior to concrete placement.
- Utilized first aid for scrapes and cuts related to normal construction hazards at work site.
- Provided maintenance support to pump operators including inspecting line set-up, pre-job planning, operation clean up, and recycling empty trucks.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 7
- Operated a concrete pump truck and mixed, delivered, and finished concrete.
- Completed four years of education towards Associates Degree in Business Administration at night school.
- Received promotion to Operator after 9 months on the job for meeting all safety rules and regulations throughout company operations.
- Awarded excellence recognition by company President for safely completing all required tasks during 1 year of service as an Operator.
- Achieved leadership skills by training new drivers on the use of the plant equipment, including operating procedures, safety guidelines, customer service policies/procedures, etc. Namely training two drivers within six weeks time frame resulting in lower turnover rate among staff members.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 8
- Experience with heavy equipment and preparation for construction projects.
- Competent in the use of modern excavation and moving equipment and in performing land clearing duties.
- Successfully completed trainee program for new hires, completing each task within required time period.
- Received appreciation from foreman after successfully showing detailed understanding of concrete placement process.
- Familiar with construction site safety procedures to ensure adherence to codes and compliance with insurance requirements.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 9
- Installed and erected a 125-ft. high by 80-ft. long structural steel false work to support the containment of water for construction of a large dam.
- Successfully placed and finished 1,200 yards of concrete using a pump truck and other related equipment.
- Participated in constructing an addition to the company headquarters office during summer break from college; promoted to supervisor upon graduation.
- Managed traffic control and flagging operations at busy intersection while working as a flagger for road construction company.
- Researched problem areas on site before starting assignment; saved the customer’s purse by finding defective materials prior to installation; subsequently received bonus check from contractor worth $2,500.
Concrete Pump Operator Resume Sample 10
- Maintained equipment at all times by backflushing pump after each job.
- Completed 50% of work orders within first day of assignment; recognized for superior performance by the Vice President Operations.
- Able to operate concrete boom pump, telescopic forklift, and wheelchair lift in emergencies; presented with safety awareness award.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding defective product due to wearing, tearing, or chipping issues before payment was issued.
- Detected high levels of formaldehyde inside a new prefabricated home during a pre-opening inspection; rectified the issue prior to homeowners moving in.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.